Chapter 9

The Creatures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/N: Aloha! I'm back! With a beautiful poster ↑ and background by —❊ fairvoyance graphics。  *o* Do you like it? Personally I LOVE it! I welcome our 4 new friends! Thank you for subscribing! And thank you for the upvote too! :D And you know what?! We reached 1000 views!! It's amazing !! WOAW!!! Thank you very much~ XD   The day of the departure, the Elves, my and Na Young’s families came out of the village, in front of a green arch high of a few meters; the entry. We were on a wide meadow, surrounded by a green hill on one side and big trees on the others. In front of me, Nam Joon and Yoon Gi were chatting, deeply focused on their topic. These two weren’t as unable to get along as they were pretending to. On my left, Na Young’s mom was giving her last-minute instructions, which she actually kept repeating since she learned Na Young was coming: “Be careful, don’t push yourself, eat and sleep well” etc. And on my right, Jun Young was reprimanding Hwa Sa as she was biting her nails nervously. Slightly ahead of us, Seok Jin was here, awkwardly staring at the trees facing him meters away. He decided to come, and wasn’t sulking at me anymore. Even though I was a bit hardcore yesterday… Nídhil was stuffing her son’s bag with elvish snacks- which were really delicious by the way, reminding him to share with everyone. I walked up to them, followed by my parents. Nídhil smiled and asked softly, “Are you ready, Yong Gi-yah?” “Yes, I am!” I declared, as smilingly. “What are we waiting for?” I jumped and growled at the sudden voice in my ear. “Yah Kim Na Young! How did you end up from there,” I pointed to her parents and sister. “To here this fast?!” Then to the ground and frowned at my friend, as she simply grinned. “Tee-hee~” She stuck her tongue out before turning to Nídhil. The elf laughed. “We are waiting for your means of transport. Do you know what is the fastest way to travel?” she questioned. “Flying? Oh! Are we taking a private jet??” “Better.” “An… helicopter?” “These have too many limits. You are-” Nídhil was cut by a loud, hair-raising and piercing animal scream. It echoed across the forest, making a shriek, which honestly felt like a revenge to me, come out of Na Young’s lips. I hastily crooked my neck in every direction to find the source of that sound, and my eyes eventually landed on the sky. Something was coming our way. But I couldn’t clearly see what it was. Anyway, the flying objects arrived in no time- Na Young and I both gasped loudly as nine giant birds came to the ground. “We are going to ride THAT?!” exclaimed my friend more than she asked. But then one of the birds spoke, “I’d request that you don’t refer to us as things, please.” And Na Young was assaulted by a nervous hiccup. The Shaman approached quietly and told something to Seok Jin, who immediately translated, “She just had a vision: we have to go South, direction Cheonan, and search a Fairy.” I nodded before bowing to the Shaman to thank her. Then settled my eyes on the birds. They were Giant Eagles of different breeds, a Creature kind, threatened by humans’ massive expansion. It actually had already started disappearing. Caranor, who had arrived with them, gave us instructions on how to ride Giant Eagles. It was much like horses, beside the fact that eagles flew: you seat on the saddle and hang tight on it. There weren’t rein, because Giant Eagles were intelligent and guided by the voice. Caranor just insisted on the fact that we shouldn’t grab the feathers, because the birds were very sensitive. So the pain would surprise them and we’d risk to be thrown off. “By accident, it is,” the large man added calmly. Well accident or not, the fall would be long and painful… He then smiled softly, contrasting with his voice from beyond the grave, “You should go now, kids,” he said with a pat on his son’s shoulder. I turned to Hwa Sa and Jun Young to peck each of them on the cheek and grinned, “See you soon!” Then moved to the eagle that will carry me for the travel. I knew that if I was to linger on goodbyes, it would end up in a sea of tears. Na Young did the same, she briefly hugged her parents and her sister, telling them not to worry and span on her heels. Nam Joon and Yoon Gi hopped on their birds, soon imitated by Seok Jin after he said goodbye to his parents and the tribe. My eyes crossed the crowd, a tender smile growing on my lips, as a warm feeling spread in my chest. It had a been a really long time since I last was surrounded by people so kind, considerate and welcoming. All this feels like starting anew, a new life in a new world. Nam Joon called me. I drifted my gaze to the angel. “Are you ready to go?” he asked. I looked back to the village with a frown. Why didn’t they come see us off..? “Y-” “Wait!” I recognized that voice, it was Jennie! Every eye turned to the four girls. They lightly and gracefully landed on the grass, as their butterfly wings vanished. “Sorry to be late!” exclaimed Chae Young. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter