제 1장 [ EDITED ]

The Pure and The Tainted

 

She was made from jagged edges and glass stitched together by lace, and the thought of going to heaven at the age of 28. She spoke like an urban legend written on the door of a gas station toilet. An unholy mess of vomit and childish innocent. She walked like a playground disturbance, rotten and still rotting. She could've passed for 18, with a mouth filled with cavities and a tongue that rocked back and forth between an illusion and a god-dammed lie. 

It was in the lost streets of London that she found peace. Others collected stamps, she collected bruises. Her knuckles are bruised and knocked out. She shakily turned the knob of her so called home that she no longer missed. The air was filled with smoked honey and cigarettes. Things she didn't consumed but that she bought with despair and regret. Her dark brown hair and her shinny brown eyes made her look boring to her but unheaven to others. 'Others' she didn't knew or missed. Areum was sick and she still is, her fist tightened and bought up to only to cough violently. Awaking the profound sins hidden within her. 

The sun had seemed to settle gently behind the clouds and green forests trees. Areum caught a glimpse of her new neighbor. It was rather calm and unknown where she lives. The weight of her thoughts seemed to tug the skin underneath her eyes until they were purple and awful. Even if the little girl was broken she believed that nobody could fix her. The brunette's most awful flaw was to never say no, it was back to kindergarten. She was playing with a toy, when a boy reached at her and gently asked if he could borrow her toy but Areum had heard of this boy. He was a bully and she hated it. So she shrugged and said no, barely looking at him but a few minutes later, she found him crying by a river near their school, and without knowing she felt bad so the girl gave him her toy. 

Areum gripped her bed sheets tighter and sighed. Without anymore thoughts, she got up and dressed herself in a rather big faux leather jacket, white converses , a white tee and shorts in jean. The grown up girl looked at her reflexion in the mirror in front of her, barely satisfied of how she looked. The relation ship she has with her parents was like coffee, that we brewed has long gone cold and bitter. 

Her toast was slightly burnt, her fingertips brushed against the strawberry jam she had spilled. Areum is clumsy. Her backpack swinging over her shoulder, she rushed downstairs and locked the door. Her eyes wandered past the neighborhood, a Mercedes Benz Classic Merc was parked and a few boxes were spread around the house's entry next to hers. 

Her mind distracted about an unexpected new neighbor, she made her way to school.

Areum munched on her lower lip, the clock ticking didn't seemed to stop. watery and senses awaken. She couldn't wait for lunch. Her ears perked up when she heard the bell echoing trough the corridors. 

" It's all for today, since exams are coming soon. I will spare you any homework," Sighs of relief are heard, the brunette smiled widely when she spotted her best friend waiting for her to be done stuffing her books in her backpack. Once she was finished, her fastened steps altered only to finish in front of him, having her arms around him. He's the only reason why she smiles. 

" So what's up?" Aran, the blonde dark brown eyed jock asked.

" The sky", she meekly joked. His orbs sparkled, his fancy laugh echoing trough the canteen walls. A few girls span around blabbering about him. Areum grinned like a child. The seventeen years old girl was uncomfortable with all the stares she was getting but she was made to get used to it, if she wanted to keep hanging out with her long time best friend. 

Aran drove her home after class. She thanked him once again.

" No need to thank me Arah," He said while staring at her. She gripped the handle and opened the door of his luxurious car. Shooting him a smile, he kissed her cheek as a goodbye manner. Her hands waving to him, she watched him drive off. 

Her nose pointy and skin lifting up. She noticed that her parents are home. Areum's shoulders rose up, her short breaths and ears perked up. Like usually, she will leave with a few aching bones accompanying her broken heart. The sound of a plate breaking was heard, she shut her eyes. Hoping that there will be no bruises left. A hand gripped her left shoulder, she felt like trash. 

" Get out of here," Her mother yelled while gripping her shoulder, making her wince.

" I said get out," she shouted harshly. Areum nodded and backed up, her back colliding with the wall. Her eyes staring fearfully at her drugged mother, her hands behind her back were searching desperately for the door knob. Once she reached it, she ran for her life. 

The girl grimaced when she noticed that she couldn't go anywhere since it was her only home. Taking back her feet to the street where was located her home. She found a spot on the roadside where no cars passed. Areum felt alone and it was raining, at least her tears wouldn't be seen but the redness and puffiness of them told it otherwise. The brunette didn't even heard the sound of a door clashing trough the walls. 

She felt startled and jolted awake when a rather big hand came in contact with her shoulder. She span around so fast that without doing it on purpose, she let her rings fall. Her eyes widening when she met his. Areum had never expected her neighbor to be this outstanding. Brushing her thoughts away, she came back to reality. His hands brushed hers when he took her hand and placed the rings on each finger. Areum was amazed by such act of kindness. Kindness she never really felt nor have been welcomed into her dull life. 

" Come with me, you are soaked because of the rain," He didn't let her a choice, his bigger hand gripped her tiny arm. He lead her to his house, when she came in she had no idea of what to do. Her fists tightening against the fabric of her t-shirt. The male advanced towards her and chuckled when he noticed that she looked completely lost. 

" I will give you some spare clothes and show you the bathroom, alright," She nodded so fast that the brown haired male let out a laugh. He looked at her cheeks getting warmed and a shade pinker. 

Areum never felt so welcomed in her life. She had no where to go and she didn't desired to drown in the rain so the girl would have agreed in any way. 

" Have you finished?" The sudden knock at the bathroom door made her jump. Her hand on where her heart is, she kept calm. 

" Yes," She replied, not wanting to startle or annoy the kind male. When she opened the door, she met two pair of light green eyes. His eyelashes complimented his fair skin, his cheekbones see trough as she already aimed at his smile. He checked her out secretly, keeping in mind that she looked good indeed wearing his clothes. 

The minute following, both headed downstairs to the couch who was luxurious but kind of comfy like. She sat at the edge, not wanting to bruise it. 

" Sit comfortably, make yourself at home," He casually said. His raspy deep voice awakening Areum's senses. She nodded and pushed herself on the couch once more but deeper, bringing her legs up to her chest while resting her chin on her knees. The male sat besides her, he noticed how frightened she was and how fragile she looks. 

" What's your name," He asked while pursing his pink lips. 

" Areum," She answered without looking at him. He took note that he really liked her name. While smiling, he watched her avoiding his gaze. 

" And yours," A look of shook crossed his features for a moment which didn't go unnoticed. She furrowed her eyebrows.

" You don't know?" He asked, his eyes full of confusion. She shook her head in disagreement. 

" Never mind, I'm Hyuk," He softly said while grabbing her soft hand for a handshake. She blushed at the sudden contact, she never had skin ship with someone other than Aran. It was all new for her. 

Areum nodded and the silence took place. 

" What were you doing alone under the rain?" The vibrations of his voice have been felt by her. Not daring to look at him, she shrugged. He immediately understood her uneasiness. 

" You can stay here, I have spare rooms," Dean said to her. She shook her head. 

" I have to go back," His eyebrows furrowed. 

" Where to?" He questioned, her finger lifted up and pointed at the house next to his. His mouth was open while he let out a sign of relief because at least she wasn't homeless. It would have pained him to know that such an innocent soul have been switching from place to place. But he didn't wanted her to go away either . 

"I don't thing it's good for you to come back now," He said confidently and sure of what he was saying. He patted her shoulder, she jumped a little bit at the sudden electricity. Dean felt this chemistry as well. 

She was the special kind of sad, Dean thought to himself. The ones where you can't really tell if they're sad, or if they're plain miserable. The girl Dean had welcomed to his foyer resembled a revolver, on the edge but not quite falling. 

Expression hollow, she is looking at him moving around his warm house. 

"Do you want me to make dinner ? " She asked , wanting to show her gratitude towards the male. He eyed her curiously and grinned like a child. 

" It depends if you are going to burn the house or not," He replied, both chuckling at his joke . She shrugged and shyly smiled, making her way back to the couch. 

"You can help me if you want to do something," Dean's voice boomed in her ears. She nodded and rapidly walked towards the kitchen while grinning gently. He put his left hand on her back and led her to the fridge. 

While he was putting the ingredients on the encounter. She was scratching awkwardly her arm. Dean noticed her uneasiness , he cleared his throat. Immediately earning her attention.

" What's wrong Areum? " He asked. She was biting her lip in sign of nervousness. 

" I don't eat meat," She answered almost feeling uneasy because she had thought that she was disturbing him more. He nodded and grinned. 

" That's good because I also don't," He said to her surprise. She smiled, a real smile. Dean eyes were glued to the young girl, like a spark in autumn.
During the whole cooking session, she had cut the vegetables and Dean had managed to cook it. Making the work at two easier. 

Satisfied, after dinner. Dean told her to wait in the living room. 

She looked confused, she kind of didn't wanted to go . She was starting to feel more comfortable with him, maybe he wanted her out of his house or he was going to call his friends over. Her worries were cut short when the curly haired male appeared. She grinned like a child and looked at him suspiciously. He sat besides her, getting a fluffy blanket from being them. She felt curious why he had curly hair because it seemed like his hair was originally straight but curls fitted him well.

"What type of movie do you want to watch princess ? " He mumbled, too focused on the television menu. Unknowingly Areum let out a sigh which didn't go unnoticed by him and blushed when she heard the nickname he just had given her. His eyebrows are furrowed, his actions stopped as he curiously stared at her. 

"What's wrong," He asked, his voice full of worry. His eyes holding hers in a delicate dance.

"I thought you were going to say something other than that," She admitted. Dean chuckled and a hint of amusement crossed his features.

"You can stay whenever you want here Areum," His grin never left his lips. Areum shyly smiled back and pushed the blanket over her, sharing it with the male across her. Dean sounded like himself for once. He wanted to escape the hard reality so he ranted a house in a lost neighborhood. The male was rather flabbergasted when he understood that Areum didn't knew him and had no idea that besides her, a dangerous person is hiding his true identity just to be himself for a night.

-- 

First chapter ayeeeee 
Sorry English is not my first language ! So correct me if I am wrong loves ! 

First thoughts?

Have a nice day , I hope this chapter pleased you xx