After Confession

Last Stop

Sungjong’s POV

                When Hoya confessed to me, I was surprised. My eyes wandered as if are trying to find someone else but we’re all alone. What was I hoping for anyways?

                “How long have you had these feelings?” I managed to ask.

                “I realized it just recently but I’ve always like you since we’re in fifth grade”

                “Oh, I didn’t realize” My eyes kept looking around.

                “It’s alright. I know you’re shocked and I won’t pressure you with the answer. I can wait” Hoya said.

                “I’m sorry, I really didn’t know what to say” I can feel my throat getting dry and I feel uncomfortable. “I’ll think about it”

                “Really? Thanks!” Hoya smiled but I felt as though I’ve done something wrong. We’ve always been friends since grade school and I haven’t thought anything like this.  Even what happened yesterday is completely out of the blue. And if anything, I was expecting Myungsoo to be the one confessing to me, not Hoya.

                 I accidentally overheard them talking about me. Thinking their talking behind my back I was shocked when I heard that Myungsoo’s feelings.

                That night, I kept tossing on my bed. My mind’s all hazy and confused. Even though Myungsoo often appears to be uninterested with everything he always hangs out with me and listened to my rants. He can be a bit moody and sometimes rude and annoying but when I got sick and my parents are at work he took care of me.

                Now, I’m even more confused with Hoya-hyung.  He was also important to me, I’ve always looked up to him and during times I’m down he’s always there to help me. I didn’t know why he suddenly confessed to me and not Myungsoo. 

                Did I hear them wrong? But I was certain it was Myungsoo, at least that’s what I felt.

                “What are you two doing here? Lunch’s break is almost over.” I almost jump out of my skin when Myungsoo suddenly appeared behind me.

                “ah, ha-ha nothing. Hoya-hyung just me something about school related stuff” I didn’t know but I felt the sudden urge to explain to Myungsoo. “Come on, I want to eat cafeteria food today”

                Grabbing their arms I led then towards the cafeteria. I saw Hoya-hyung’s expression turned stern but all could think was that I was finally able to get out of the situation.

                “Speaking of school, I’ll probably be transferring after school this summer” Myungsoo said calmly.

                “What? What do you mean transferring?” I asking putting down my spoon, I look at Hoya asking but he too looked surprised.

End of POV

                “My grandfather died last year and his house have been lying empty ever since. I talked to my parents and they agreed that it’s better if there’s someone taking care of the house. It’s convenient since I’m going away for college anyways and there’s a university nearby” Myungsoo said.

                “But, we’re all finally together this year” Sungjong tried to control his sudden surge of anger. “Why are you suddenly saying things like this?”

                “Myungsoo, you’re only in second year right? Even if you’re going away for college don’t you think it’s a bit too early to think about it? I mean there’s still a year to go.” Hoya said.

                “Yeah, I know but grandpa’s house needs tending and as his grandson it’s my duty to take care of it” Myungsoo explained.

                “What are you saying?! When did you suddenly become the responsible grandson? You’re choosing that house over us? We’re your friends! Didn’t you say that I should take this school so we can all be together?! There’s only a month left before school ends!” Sungjong stood up and left the table.

“You know you acted like a complete jerk just now right?” Hoya looked at Myungsoo and sighed before walking away to chase after Sungjong.

                “Yeah, I know” Myungsoo’s eyes followed his friends but he remained seated. “I know”

                Hoya found Sungjong sitting at the bench under the tree at the back of their school. Sungjong is clearly trying to hold back his tears.

                “You’re already in high school and you’re still crying like a kid?” Hoya softly chuckled.

                “Shut up, I’m only in first year” Sungjong answered.

                “Ha-ha, true.” Hoya sat beside him. “You know I was surprised when he said that too”

                “Idiot Myungsoo, deciding only for himself, he had no idea I had to study like I’m going to die just to get here because he said so” Sungjong sniffed.

                “Well, he’s always been like that” Hoya gently messes with Sungjong’s hair. “But I’m worse”

                “Huh? What do you mean hyung?” Sungjong asked.

                “I was angry when he said he’s suddenly leaving but a part of me felt happy” Hoya sadly smiled. “I’ve always felt jealous towards how you and Myungsoo were closer to each other. I mean you understand each other more since there’s only a year age difference between you two and I was older than both of you. Also you we’re neighbours while I live three blocks away.”

                “But you’re a great guy hyung! Even though you teased me a lot” Sungjong tried to smile.

                “Well, I only teased the one I like” Hoya moved closer to Sungjong. “I thought that if Myungsoo’s no longer here, I can finally have your undivided attention.”

                “Hyung, what are you saying?” Sungjong slowly backs away.

                “You seemed to have already forgotten about my confession a moment ago” Hoya reaches and touched Sungjong’s cheeks.

                “You’re serious about asking me to go out with you?” Sungjong asked.

                “Did I ever joke on something like that?”

                “But we’re friends, and besides Myungsoo he…” Sungjong suddenly remembered Myungsoo’s words yesterday. Why Myungsoo hasn’t confessed to him?

                Hoya suddenly grabs Sungjong into a hug, “Please, consider my feelings. It took me a lot to tell you; at least I have the courage. I always hated it when you talk about others when you’re alone with me” he slowly closes in the distance between him and Sungjong’s lips.

                “Hyung Let me Go!” Before anything can happen Hoya was stunned when Sungjong suddenly slaps him.

                “I’m so sorry I got carried away” Hoya said.

              “Doesn’t mean you confessed to me you can do whatever you like. Myungsoo would never do something like this!”

 

 

 

 

 

                                   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   IDeviant  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 

First work of 2017! I officially took over from DeviantII