first step

come as you are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Title: First Step
Pairing/s: Seola/Bona
Summary: (blinddate!au) Juyeon sets up a blind date. Jiyeon agrees to it. Hyunjung is roped in completely unprepared.
A/N: OK first of many things, i am NOT leaving this one-shot collection.
    • most likely all my wjsn works will be dumped here, regardless of the word count because what are 30k words in a single chapter, amirite?
    • the last few chapters have been very wordy (and heavy on the drama) hence i’ve been posting less but worry no more folks
    • im currently working on several (yes u heard that right. bonlu, exseol, exuan, 99line, etc. we're eventually gonna get there) aus that are longer than 10k words. while im straightening those out, im gonna feed u with light ficlets/filler fics like this, nothing heavy, so nobody starves (because i, for one, want to constantly update this with more fics).

* another seolbo au after months of not updating? a seolbo prompt twice in a row??    yeah, čr̥̭u̦̙ͮ͐͛͗c̯ͩ͒͒ͩ̽ḭͮ̉̂̇f͚̰̥̙͙̗ͫy̼̖̮͕ͮ ̦̞̜̰͇̳ͮm̗͛̅̓͗ě̻̹́̊̉̿͆.
** loosely based from this.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon clears and straightens the creases of her plain white shirt before she pushes the door open with full force.

The cafe at 3pm is miraculously, unbelievably, not crowded for some reason.

Good, Jiyeon thinks, easier to find what she’s looking for. She hopes her date wouldn’t point out how late she is: a whole, embarrassing thirty minutes. She supposed to meet someone named Kim Hyunjung, a friend of Son Juyeon and Chu Sojung, and that she’s a year older than her. That’s all Jiyeon knows.

Aside from the servers walking around, there’s an old couple on one side, a businessman in a crisp suit, a trio of boys in high school uniforms, and a woman sitting by herself.

She makes her way to the other end of the cafe where a woman is sitting alone with an open laptop. “Excuse me, Kim Hyunjung, right?”

The woman looks up from the screen and holds her gaze. There’s skepticism in her doe eyes. “Yes.”

Jiyeon knows better than to expect anything when it comes to blind dates when she’s been let down too many times but today she couldn’t help but swallow the sawdust in .

It’s not her first blind date but it’s certainly the first one where she’s nervous, horribly late, and paired up with someone incredibly beautiful.

Whether it’s the flat black of Hyunjung’s eyes, the way her pale skin and red lips stand out in the crowd or the way she leans back, flowing black hair following with ease, Jiyeon finds it hard to fight off the smile growing on her lips.

“I’m Kim Jiyeon and I’m so sorry for being late.” Jiyeon clears and sits across Hyunjung, “There was an emergency at the studio and I got stuck in traffic.”

Hyunjung slowly closes her laptop, eyebrows knitted. “What?”

“I’m not usually like this. Late, I mean.” Jiyeon finds herself staring. At least she didn’t complain about her tardiness. “I can make it up to you, if you want.”

“No, I mean-- how do you know my name?” Hyunjung shoves her laptop in her bag, inching her seat away from the table slowly. This time, there’s hostility in her eyes.

“I got a text yesterday morning about our meeting here.” Jiyeon isn’t entirely sure if Hyunjung is messing with her because if she is, she makes a damn good actress-- so good that she might ask her for pointers later. “The blind date. You’re Son Juyeon’s friend, right? The track captain? Runs really fast?”

Hyunjung only manages to look more confused than she already seems, "Son Juyeon is my roommate,” she mumbles, “but I think you got the wrong person. I didn’t sign up for any blind dates.”

“Eyy, stop messing around.” Jiyeon laughs. She passes her growing panic with a huge smile, “You’re already caught. I’m meeting a Kim Hyunjung who is a friend of Son Juyeon. You’re a Kim Hyunjung who is a friend of Son Juyeon.”

“No, I’m not really pretending.” Hyunjung stresses. “I don’t know what this is. Besides, I’m not the only Kim Hyunjung in the world.”

“Yes, but you are the only Kim Hyunjung in this cafe,” Jiyeon grins. She takes her phone out and shows her a text message, “Look. I got it yesterday morning.”

Hyunjung narrows her eyes and leans forward where the text reads:

 

>> (9:56am. May 24, 2018) Let's meet tomorrow,
Friday. Two thirty p.m. at the Starbucks near your campus.
Look for Kim Hyunjung.

 

Hyunjung raises an eyebrow, “I don’t know who that is but that’s not me. I don’t even text like that.”

Jiyeon sighs. Unable to stop herself, she presses the call button.

Something in Hyunjung’s pocket rings. Hyunjung, looking panicked, fishes her ringing phone and swipes to decline the call. “What-- how... Oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter