Introduction

If You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

 

(15 years ago...)

The four years old little girl was crying after her mother left her to her paternal grandmother and her older sister to her maternal grandmother. Her mom left her because she had no choice. Being a young widow is hard, but also a single mother of three little girls was even harder. So she has no choice but to leave her kids behind. The little girl's mom then took off with her little sister- who was two at the time- to somewhere far away from them. Because of that, one little girl, who was at the age that a child is trying to collect the memories of her family, began to forget the several memories that she has with her siblings and her parents.

 

Just about two years ago, her father died from sickness. The little girl has no memory of her father because even before he died, he wasn't with her. He was always traveling for work and such, so she doesn't remember him at all.

 

The grandmother stared at her grandchild for a long time because she reminds her of her late son. Her facial features, the way she is standing, the way she stares into her eyes, and everything the little girl did made her reminisce about her son. 

 

"Come, my child, this is your new home. Starting today, I will be taking care of you." her old woman welcomed her warmly.

"I am your grandmother. Now, what's your name, my dear?" 

"JiYeon." The little girl, who is too smart for her age, answered with a bow.

 "Wo de mingzi shi Park Jiyeon," this time she told the old lady her full name.

 

After she said that, she pulled her into a warm hug to comfort her and whisper sweet words to her. She then introduces her to her aunts and her cousin, LuHan. After that day, little Jiyeon swore to never cry in front of anybody, even if she gets hurt or watch a sad movie. Because she grew up with being around girls, other than LuHan, she doesn't like to be around boys that much, other than LuHan. Soon the little girl starts to get comfortable at her paternal house because of the way her grandma showed her love, and everyone loved her a lot and cared for her. Although she was happy, there was something that was missing deep inside her heart, her mom and her siblings. She wanted to see them so badly, but she doesn't want to leave her grandmother too.

 

 

Three years after little Jiyeon's mother left her, she called Jiyeon's grandmother, telling her that she wants her child back. She informed her grandma that she wants to stay with her children in Australia for a year or so. She wants to settle in Korea with all her daughters after temporarily living in Australia and that Jiyeon's uncle is picking her up along with her older sister in a week. Her grandma doesn't want to hand her grandchild, who is from her only son, to her mom yet, but she has no other choice. When the call ended, the grandma dropped to the floor and started crying because she wasn't ready to let go of Jiyeon. Not when they have come this far. Plus, they're going to live so far away from each other. Little Jiyeon, on the other hand, heard everything. She quietly opened the door and saw her grandmother pouring her heart out. Jiyeon wanted to hug her and comfort her, but she wasn't good at showing love.

 

The next morning her grandmother came into her room and hugged her. She told Jiyeon that they're going to get a trip to Taiwan and told her to pack her bags. After packing up, they use a boat to travel to Taiwan. Once they got there, they did everything together with the time they have left to be together. They went to the beach, shopping, amusement park, and other places. Days later, a m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter