열하나. ☾

Life on the line

 

 


 

 

“Don’t you remember?” Tony smirked looking at the dark road in front of him.

“This is the place my father died”

“And, I am here because?” Kyungsoo started to feel heavy.

“Because you were the one who sent him away, to the good side as you called it.” Tony was getting stronger and stronger by the second.

Kyungsoo tried to remember but he was too tired and he sat down on a bench.

“I don’t know what you are talking about,” He said looking at him trying to call for Luhan just to be sure.

“You don’t?” Tony laughed “Maybe this will help you.“

He started floating in the air when suddenly Kyungsoo just passed out. Opening his eyes he was back in the street a man in front of him crying.

“I won’t forget that!” he said a black rose in his hands. “You truly are something,” and he slowly disappeared.

“Don’t worry” Kyungsoo said to the little boy who was calling out for his dad.

“He is in a good place, I am sure of that” The boy dried his eyes looking straight at Kyungsoo feeling the cold wind cleaning away all the rose petals. “But we are bad, we don’t go to a good place.”

Kyungsoo didn’t say anything to the boy just looked at him with a slight smile. “I wouldn’t be so sure of that”.

 

*  *  *  *  *

 

Kai was just sitting in his chair trying to some words out from his pen for his essay. “Come on pen, I trust you”

“What’cha doing?” Luhan jumped into the room making Kai drop the pen.

“Trying to write an essay” Kai puffed his cheeks reaching for the pen under the table.

“Oh” Luhan pouted, “that is not fun.”

“Yeah, tell me about it.”

“Wanna take a break?” Luhan smiled sweetly looking at the paper on the table. “History of pens?” he raised his eyebrow.

“I am fascinated by pens” Kai smiled suddenly, “do you know how long these things have been on earth?” he asked rolling the black pen in his hands.

“Eeeemn, yeah …. I don’t really care but hey as long as you are happy” Luhan smiled sweetly when he just disappeared.

“Huh?” Kai looked around shrugging slightly getting back to the paper.

Suddenly Luhan was back next to Kai looking lost as ever. 

"What?" Kai asked being a bit worried.

“We need to go!"

"Well ..." Kai cleared his throat "kind of middle of something here." He pointed to his collection of pens on the table. 

“Tony is …. “ 

“Right behind you,” Kai said rather softly taking a jacket from the chair next to him. 

 

*  *  *  *

 

“Now you remember?” Tony waked him up.

“It was your father?” Kyungsoo was trying to put the spots together when somebody called him.

‘You are so weak around him’ He remembered what granny told him when suddenly it hit him.

“Now you see it, huh” Tony smirked and walked closer to Kyungsoo.

“You liked the black rose? Because it’ll be your last touch too”

“What do you want?” Kyungsoo asked him stepping as far as possible from him trying to hear the sounds.

‘Further,’ he heard Luhan

‘More’ ‘Who is that?’ Kyungsoo thought as he was walking back towards the swings Tony following him close by.

“Do you want to know a secret?” Tony asked him suddenly. “Kai ... the boy you just met is your soulmate”

“What?” Kyungsoo looked at him eyes filling with tears.

“Too bad your time together is so short”

“This is why I was in his room?” Kyungsoo sat on the swing trying to look as cool as possible.

“Too bad, that Baekhyun dude will really miss you too”

“What do you want from me?” Kyungsoo asked trying to stay calm.

“Oh, your little buddy makes you angry huh? The energy …” Tony raised his hands.

‘energy’ Kyungsoo thought. ‘He needs energy from me’

‘Don’t give him that’ Granny said to him. ‘No sherlock,’ Kyungsoo thought.

‘Words, Young man. Find peace, happiness, love …’ she smiled softly making Kyungsoo relaxed when suddenly he was out of breath. He looked at Tony who was getting higher in the sky, the wind was getting stronger and Kyungsoo was cold. He fell down as the energy from his legs just disappeared, the only thing he could think of was Kai. ‘Kai’ he thought ‘please’. He was fighting with dizziness and tiredness trying not to close his eyes.

“This rose is not mine,” he said out loud making the wind stop. He looked around and he was alone, carefully he stood up feeling strong again when he saw Luhan.

“You better find a way and Now!” He said before disappearing.

“Way ….” He looked around trying to think but his mind was blank. “Where did he go?”

The wind started again revealing Tony much angrier then he was before. “What did you say?”

“The black rose is not my flower,” he said again feeling much more powerful knowing that Luhan was here too.

“I do not care!” Tony jelled and pushed Kyungsoo down on his knees. “The symbols don’t mean a thing”

“Symbols are the base of our life!” Kyungsoo screamed only making Tony smirk.

“Only fools think that way,” Tony whispered into his ear making Kyungsoo tremble with irritation and annoyance.

That was too much for Kyungsoo as he yelled back at Tony feeling his whole body trembling. 

"Deep down you know I am right," Tony kneeled next to him. "Why don't You have friends, Kyungsoo?" he looked around.

"Because of what heaven has given you, it is not a gift, it is a sin - the biggest pain one can have and I think you know it yourself." He caressed Kyungsoo's cheeks making him cry softly. 

"Let me make it easy for you." Tony stood up and walked in the middle of the street leaving Kyungsoo to tremble on the ground alone ... like he has always been.