Mayhem

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Didn't you hear what I just said? Or are you just too dense to understand?" Yohwan nonchalantly rolled the dagger between his fingers, the tip still pointing at Jisoo's chest.

A muscle twitched in Soonyoung's yaw and his eyes narrowed while the Forcebearers looked on with bated breaths. Chan shuffled aside nervously when the blond Warrior stepped through the door, gaze fixed on his Wielder. Soonyoung's body tensed when he moved into the middle of the room but Yohwan didn't seem to feel particularly threatened. "What now? Are you angry? Come on, what did you expect, seriously. Did you really think I'd let you make the rules? Don't make me laugh."

"I'll kill you."

For a split second, Chan's brother looked baffled before his face flushed in anger. "How dare you! A Forcebearer-"

Seungkwan's pained scream resonated in the room when every single piece of furniture crashed against the walls at once and the Forcebearers felt pressure build until their bones threatened to give out – only for the shrill sound to break off abruptly as soon as the pressure dissipated. The forcefields that had held them in place were gone and they dropped to the floor, into the debris of Yohwan's expensive possessions. Seokmin immediately crawled to Seunkwan's limp body to check his pulse.

Soonyoung was standing in the middle of the now empty area and held his stomach while Yohwan tried to free himself from the dining table that was pinning him against the wall. The dagger had hit the table next to Jisoo's arm.

", you little-" Chan's brother tried once again to push the table away but it remained firmly in place, held by forcefields. "Stop making things difficult!" Movement from Minghao in his periphery caught his attention and he froze. "What the hell! Soonyoung, contain them!"

The Warrior didn't even pretend to obey. "Or what?" he asked, a predatory smile curling his lips.

Yohwan glared at the Forcebearers, who were getting up with the exception of Seokmin and Seungkwan, a few already closing in on him, before he snatched the dagger, his knuckles turning white at the tightness of his grip. "Stay back, all of you!"

Mingyu and Hansol shared glances while the rest of the group glowered at the Wielder - but the threat to Jisoo's life was enough to make them stop, only a few meters separating them from their target.

Unlike the rest of the Forcebearers, Soonyoung didn't seem bothered by the knife that hovered over Jisoo's body. One eyebrow raised, he scratched his neck with an exaggerated gesture and Yohwan flinched at his movement. The Warrior noticeably enjoyed the sight, the smile on his lips turning wider.

Hansol moved a bit closer to Jihoon who squeezed his side to calm him, dark eyes fixated on Jisoo's pale face. Seokmin had stopped tending to Seungkwan and had turned to watch. Tension filled the air.

"Stop it, Soonyoung! I mean it!" Yohwan once again waved the dagger, its tip almost touching the torn and dirty shirt of the unconscious Wielder. His movements had become more erratic as time had passed. "I'll kill him if you move!"

"Do you really think I care?"

Chan's eyes widened at the blond's words. Seungcheol had to forcibly stop him from trying to reach the Wielder and making the situation even worse.

Soonyoung smirked. Catlike eyes directed at his prey, he took a single, deliberate step forward.

The blade plunged into Jisoo's stomach with a sickening sound.

The group froze.

"Don't ing test me, Soonyoung," Yohwan hissed, pulling out the dagger. Blood started oozing immediately, spreading over the desk's surface, dripping onto the carpet. The Forcebearers' faces paled even further at that sight, shock sitting too deep for them to process the situation properly. Tears began to gather in Chan's unblinking eyes and Jeonghan whimpered quietly.

At the sight of blood, Soonyoung's smirk had turned into a wide, derisive grin. "Idiot."

Yohwan screamed in surprise when the table got pushed away from him, towards the still motionless Forcebearers, and he stood eye in eye with his Warrior.
"You- you can't hurt me!" His voice had lost its earlier confident tone.

"But I'll try anyway" the blond purred and the blood drained out of Yohwan's cheeks. Chan's brother took a tentative step to the side, back pressed against the wall. "And even if I can't - maybe they can." Soonyoung nodded towards the group who had crowded around the table, reaching for Jisoo.

At his words, the Forcebearers looked up, hatred burning on their faces.

Minghao and Hansol were the first to leave the Wielder's side. Chan's brother scooted towards the corner of the room when the other Warriors followed while Seokmin and Chan frantically tried to stop the bleeding. Wonwoo was busying himself with the tape on Jisoo's face, attempting to remove it without hurting him any further.

"I'll get you for this, ," Jun snarled. "You'll ing pay!"

The Warriors lunged at Yohwan, their expressions distorted in rage. He cowered, cornered with no way to escape, not much left of the man who had laughed at their tears.

Soonyoung stood back and watched when Jihoon landed the first hit on Yohwan's face. The blond didn't flinch when a cut opened up on his lip and blood began to drip down his chin while the Wielder tried to hide behind his arms. Hansol's and Mingyu's kicks made Yohwan and the blond Warrior stumble and annoyance darkened Soonyoung's face at the futility of their attacks. A gash opened up on his arm, tainting his shirt, when Jeonghan attacked the Wielder with a ragged shard of china.

Keeping an eye on the Warriors, the blond sauntered to the table and came to a halt next to Wonwoo. The Guardian had finished freeing Jisoo from his restraints and was staring blankly at the blood stains on his hands.

"Wonwoo."

He jumped at the sound of Soonyoung's gentle voice. Ripped out of his thoughts, he looked up. His eyes widened for a split second at the injuries on Soonyoung's face.

"I need your help, please Wonwoo. Please don't leave me stuck in a contract with him." The Warrior grimaced in pain and Wonwoo tensed when a new cut opened up beneath Soonyoung's eye. "You know how if feels to be bonded to someone you hate, right?"

Eyeing the blond for a long moment, Wonwoo finally nodded once.

"Please help me out? I know I did something terrible but I just wanted to see my parents again... I miss them so much..."

A tear ran down Soonyoung's cheek and Wonwoo's stoic face softened slightly. His eyes flitted to Mingyu before they focused back on the beat up Warrior next to him. "I'll help you. Once Jisoo is okay," he said after another moment of hesitation.

A relieved smile pulled at the corners of Soonyoung's mouth, the cut at his lip opening once again. "Thank you so much!"

While Wonwoo turned his attention back to Seokmin and his futile attempts to stop the bleeding, Soonyoung's bright smile twisted into a sneer at the sight of Chan's brother. The Warrior's were still attacking but as soon as their fists connected, the wounds transferred immediately.

"Hands off."

Forcefields blocked Seungcheol's and Jun's strikes and the Warriors stumbled back a few feet at the sudden impact.

Yohwan lowered his arms, shaking slightly but otherwise unharmed, a smirk already back on his face. "Heh, looking good, Soonyoung. I told you it's useless. You finally came to your ing sens-" He had tried to take a step forward but had collided with the barrier mid-sentence. "Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter