Rubies

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soonyoung and his Wielder looked on in silent amusement while the Forcebearers tried to find a way through the barricade. Jisoo had run forward as well and was pressing his shoulder against it. He was trying to stop the group from hurting themselves by shaking his head and sending them pleading looks but seeing him so close while being unable to touch him only made everything worse. With the exception of Seungkwan, who was watching from the floor, they were crowding in front of him. Most of them had tears streaming down their faces.

Jisoo's eyes widened when Chan's brother clapped to get their attention - but he was the only one paying the other Wielder any mind. When his attempts to get their attention didn't have the desired effect, Yohwan's eyebrows furrowed and he shot Soonyoung a look.

With a flick of the blond's wrist, Jisoo got pushed backwards and helplessly stumbled into his arms, tensing in fear at the contact. All movement immediately ceased.

"Don't ing touch him!" Minghao hissed, his balled fists pressed against the forcefield. Seokmin nudged his side to stop him from provoking the blond Warrior any further - but his expression revealed that he shared the sentiment.

"Why? He might fall if I don't hold him," Soonyoung purred, an amused twinkle in his eyes. He wrapped his arms even tighter around Jisoo's waist and kissed his scratched up cheek while the Wielder struggled to move away from him. "I only want the best for him, you know?"

The Forcebearers' faces had contorted in rage but before they could cuss him out again, Yohwan interrupted his Warrior's taunts, still seated regally in his armchair. "That's enough. Bring him to me and go get the box, Soonyoung."

A look of confusion crossed the blond Warrior's features. "Why? What for?"

It was clear that the Wielder didn't like getting questioned by his subordinate in the way his brows furrowed. "For the contracts, obviously."

Soonyoung paused, his fingers toying with the collar of Jisoo's shirt. His tone had become noticeably colder when he answered, "You said I could have him. Are you going back on your word?"

Even through the tape, the appalled expression on Jisoo's face was visible.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Jihoon exploded before Chan's brother even had the chance to answer. "Jisoo is not some god damn pet!"

Soonyoung silenced him with a single withering look, his fingers moving dangerously close to Jisoo's already bruised throat.

Exasperated, Yohwan rolled his eyes, ignoring the outburst. "Of course not but I need him for the bonding first. And now stop asking stupid questions; you're giving me a headache. Just do what you're getting paid for."

The blond Warrior still looked distrustful. After a few long seconds of standstill, Chan's brother was visibly fed up. A deep scowl on his face, he stalked forward until he had reached Soonyoung and ripped Jisoo out of his arms. He glowered at the Forcebearers who had immediately begun shouting again before he pulled the Wielder forcibly towards the massive wooden table in the back of the room.

Without looking back, he spoke over the ruckus. "Go and get the box, Soonyoung. I'm not going to repeat myself." This time the Warrior openly glared at Yohwan's back, hands clenching and unclenching at his sides. Turning around when Soonyoung failed to answer, the Wielder raised an eyebrow. "Don't forget the agreement we signed. You want to find your parents, right?"

Something seemed to settle in the Warrior and the anger vanished from his face in an instant. Only emptiness remained. Desperately, Jisoo tried to make eye contact but Soonyoung wasn't looking in his direction. Instead he nodded wordlessly and turned towards the door.

"And don't just leave like that. I need them restrained." The tone Yohwan had used couldn't have been more condescending and Soonyoung's nails dug into his palms before he complied without looking back.

Seungkwan's pained scream shrilled through the room when a forcefield pressed him against the floor while every Forcebearer but Chan hit the wall for the third time this night, a few paintings tumbling to the floor at the impact. The door fell shut behind the blond Warrior only seconds after. The young Guardian was left standing alone across the room from Jisoo and his brother.

Yohwan relaxed as soon as Soonyoung was gone. "Oh, finally. Sometimes I ask myself why I even bother with someone like him but sadly he's pretty good at what he's doing. And he's higher ranking than Eunha's Warriors."

"You bonded with that psycho because you want to outdo noona?!" Chan's eyes had grown wide at his words and he took a daring step forward - but stopped as soon as Yohwan's grip on Jisoo tightened. He shot his Wielder an anxious look. For the sake of the younger, Jisoo immediately tried to not look as horrified as he actually felt.

"Well, she doesn't know yet. It's always good to have some trump cards, obviously, but yeah. And father recently announced that he's not sure who's going to inherit the company so I need all the advantages I can get."

A frown marred the Guardian's forehead, worry clear on his face. "Why is he thinking about stuff like that all of the sudden? Is he sick?"

"He hasn't been doing all that well ever since you moved out." Jeonghan snorted loudly at his choice of words but Yohwan ignored it, his triumphant smile widening. "Guess it's hard to bear - having a failure for a son."

Chan's face immediately fell at his words but before any of the Forcebearers could jump to his defence, Yohwan suddenly shouted in pain. Jisoo staggered backwards when Yohwan's fist hit him but even the tape couldn't hide the disgust on his face while Chan's brother checked his shin for any potential injuries. Hoots and cheers had erupted from Hansol, Minghao and Mingyu while the rest looked even more worried and once again attempted to break through the forcefield.

Red splotches were crawling up Yohwan's neck when he raised his head, his jaw clenched in anger. "Those pants are worth more than your sad little life, you god damn beggar!" With those words, he reached for Jisoo. The Wielder took a wary step back but bumped into the heavy dinner table behind him, eyes trained on the approaching male.

"Leave him alone, hyung!" A dull sound rang through the room when Chan collided with the forcefield that separated him from his brother. "He did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter