Emotions

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Last week, young business tycoon Kwon Jiyong stood for a preliminary examination after his arrest for the abduction of Lee Chaerin and the subsequent discovery of his leadership position in one of South Korea's biggest organized crime groups, resulting in charges of Kidnapping and Gang Participation. Additional allegations of Homicide, Human Trafficking and Weapon Distribution have surfaced but require further deliberation by the court before his final trial next week. This could mark the end of-"

The screen turned black. Hansol dropped the remote next to him on the sofa, much to Seungkwan's annoyance. "Hey, I was watching that!"

"You've watched every god damn news report at least twice. I don't wanna see that asshat's face anymore."

Jun stretched with a tired groan when his brother and the Guardian began their usual bickering and pulled Jisoo closer, who was sound asleep next to him. The Wielder's oversized sweater had slipped slightly and his exposed collarbone had distracted Jun for quite a while now.

Sneakily, he ducked down and placed a quick kiss on it. And a second one, for good measure.

A sudden hit over the head with a rolled-up newspaper made the Warrior flinch and turn around - only to find Jihoon scowling at him over the backrest of the sofa. They glowered at each other for a moment before Jun looked away in defeat. Without a word, the small Warrior walked towards the kitchen to get his third cup of coffee.

The motions had woken Jisoo who yawned and sat up, rubbing his eyes. "Time to leave already?" he mumbled, still dazed from his nap.

"Well, sure if you want to but it's Saturday so you'd probably be the only one in class." The Wielder looked up at the sound of Minghao's amused voice and smiled when the redhead entered the living room to tousle his hair.

"No work today?"

"Only in the evening. Wanna go on a date?" Minghao's grin turned cheeky while he watched a soft blush spread on Jisoo's cheeks.

"Uhm... I-"

"He can't; he's going to watch movies with me today. He promised," Jun interrupted, arms still tightly wrapped around Jisoo's waist.

Minghao eyed the Wielder who nodded in silent affirmation until Hansol jumped in.

"You're so full of , Jun." At Jisoo's raised brows, he shrugged with a sheepish smile before he focused back on his brother. "He agreed to a movie night, that includes all of us. And by the way, I want to watch the new Jason Statham movie."

"No way, I saw the trailer for Paranormal Activity 3 yesterday; we gotta watch that! It looks awesome!" The thought alone had Jun excited and he leaned towards his brother to be even more convincing. Minghao used the opportunity to squeeze himself in between Jisoo and the Warrior.

"But horror movies ," Hansol complained, loud enough to be heard by Seungkwan.

"I thought we agreed on comedy?! I'm not gonna watch your testosterone-filled garbage," the Guardian shouted from the other side of the room where he had been going through Jeonghan's magazines. Jisoo rubbed his temples when his three Bonded started arguing.

"Are you sure you don't wanna go on a date? It's probably less stressful than your movie night. I can even get you free drinks at the bar." Minghao winked, the cheeky smile still playing on his lips, and Jisoo buried his face in the redhead's shoulder.

"But I promised," he groaned and the Warrior couldn't help but laugh at his miserable tone, a soft look in his eyes while he ran his fingers through the Wielder's hair.

 

"How are you holding up?" Seokmin's voice sounded tinny through the speakers of Jisoo's cheap smartphone. "I feel like I'm missing out."

The dissatisfaction that flowed through their bond made Jisoo smile. "I'm doing fine. You can always visit, you know? Minghao is here already."

"Yeah, I need to talk to him about not taking me with him." Seokmin sounded even more disgruntled.

"I really appreciate that you moved in with him, Minnie," Jisoo said after he had succesfully forced himself not to laugh at the Healer's misery.

"Well, he's constantly bickering with Mingyu and Seungkwan so those two were out from the start. And nobody but Mingyu was willing to share a room with Wonwoo."

"I was, but Chan almost locked me up when I offered it. He really wants to stay in my flat with me."

"Yeah, well. I kinda see why." Disapproval and amusement mixed in Seokmin's voice. "I wouldn't want that either if I was him. But anyway, are you outside or something? It's so quiet."

"I'm hiding in Jihoon's room," Jisoo admitted and Seokmin's laughter rang through the line.

"Good choice. Does he know?"

"No, but I'm sure he's going to be fed up with the guys soon, so I should probably find another spot."

"I don't think he minds." Seokmin managed to mask the bitterness in his voice almost perfectly. "But you could come over - it's really quiet here with Minghao gone," he added, his tone hopeful. "We could read or play one of his games."

"Mh, that sounds good but I promised to watch a movie with them... Can't you come over, too? It's more fun when everyone's here. And Seungcheol promised popcorn."

"That's pretty tempting. When should I be there?"

Jisoo smiled brightly and to his stomach, playing with Jihoon's pillow. "We'll start around five, come whenever you're free. But you might need to help with cooking if you arrive before lunch."

"Guess I'll come around three then; I don't want to clean up the mess of twelve people."

"Laaaazy," Jisoo sang and Seokmin laughed again.

"I am. By the way, Kangin called earlier."

The Wielder immediately sobered. "Why?"

"Nothing bad, just another family gathering on Wednesday. Greetings from Minzy by the way. She's staying over at his place since Chaerin is not allowed out of her room. They also cancelled her contract."

"Really?!"

"Yeah, Kangin is happy. He wants to form a new contract with her but Minzy is a bit reluctant." The Healer sighed. "Even though Chaerin treated her like dirt once she became her Wielder, they're still cousins and childhood friends. But they'll figure something out, I guess."

"Yeah, I guess..."

Of course Seokmin knew what was bothering him. "Don't worry, Kangin has a really soft spot for his sister. He would never hurt her."

The Wielder relaxed slightly at the reassurance and once again distractedly fiddled with the pillowcase. "I hope so. She's been through a lot."

"Trust me on this. By the way, have you seen the news today?"

"I wanted to but I fell asleep." A warm chuckle trickled through the line and Jisoo blushed.

"More and more people are accusing Jiyong even though it's already been over two weeks since he's gotten arrested. It's crazy. We really did something amazing there."

The Wielder rubbed his forehead and suppressed a weary sigh. "Yeah, it really is crazy..."

 

After Jisoo had hung up the phone, he was too lazy to actually get up and brave the turmoil outside the safety of Jihoon's room. Face buried in the pillow, he inhaled the familiar scent and let his thoughts drift aimlessly.

He missed Jihoon. Although he saw him almost every day and by now visited their flat regularly again, he didn't sleep over anymore since his former room now belonged to Seungkwan. And without his nightly visits, it was almost impossible to speak to the Warrior alone. No more late night talks with Jihoon. He sighed into the pillow.

And it wasn't the only thing that had changed during the last two weeks. While he enjoyed spending time at home with Chan or in Jeonghan's flat with the rest of his Bonded, not having his own room meant that he barely had any alone time since the Forcebearers stuck to him like glue. He loved them dearly but he also was a person who enjoyed having time for himself. Maybe he should have taken Seokmin's offer after all. The Healer was one of the more quiet members of the group and it was comfortable to-

"So this is where you've been hiding."

The Wielder jumped at Jihoon's voice behind him and quickly turned around. The small Warrior stood in front of the bed, arms crossed and a dangerous glimmer in his eyes.

Jisoo immediately flushed beet-red. "S-sorry! I didn't mean to intrude! It was so loud outside and Seokmin called-"

"Let's set a rule," Jihoon cut him off, his voice sharp while he took a step closer, and the Wielder stopped talking at once, dreading the words that would follow. "No talking about other men as long as you're in my bed. Or women, for that matter."

Unable to comprehend, Jisoo stared at him. "Wha- why?"

The Warrior only rolled his eyes before he straddled Jisoo's lap in one quick movement. "God, you're dense."

Unlike his tone, his lips were gentle when they met Jisoo's and it took a moment for the Wielder to come to his senses and close his eyes. He could feel Jihoon's hands wander over his shoulders, caressing his back, and he wrapped his arms around the smaller male, burying his fingers in his soft hair. Goosebumps rose on his skin when Jihoon softly on his lower lip. Their tongues met halfway and the onslaught of sensations made Jisoo shiver.

The Wielder got ripped out of his bliss when Jihoon suddenly pulled back. Worried, he opened his eyes but the sight of the pink tinge on the Warrior's cheeks and his dilated pupils immediately put his mind at ease.

"Take that off," Jihoon growled, his voice hoarse, and the sound of it made hot excitement bubble in Jisoo's stomach. Without hesitation, he followed the order and the Warrior helped him pull the thick sweater over his head before he pushed him down, still comfortably seated on his crotch.

Jihoon's hungry eyes wandered over his bare upper body and Jisoo couldn't suppress a the blush that spread over his face, feeling oddly exposed. As if he was reading his thoughts, the Warrior caught his hands as soon as he tried to hide behind them. "Don't. You're beautiful, you know?"

He leaned down and once again kissed him, their teeth clinking together due to their wide smiles. Jisoo felt like he was melting. Jihoon's lips wandered from his mouth to his throat, leaving small pecks on his skin. Once he had reached the Wielder's collarbone, he ran his tongue over it and Jisoo moaned quietly at the thrill that shot through his body. The Warrior took his sweet time kissing and nibbling on the sensitive spot until Jisoo's grip tightened when he a dark red mark into the pale skin. Satisfied with his work, Jihoon sat up and took in the Wielder's dazed expression.

"I love you, even though you're a bit of a dimwit sometimes."

 

When Jisoo slipped out of Jihoon's room, futilely trying to smooth down his dishevelled hair, he almost ran face first into Jeonghan who had just reached out to knock. The Wielder smiled nervously under his probing stare.

"Are you all right?"

"Yes! Y-yes, of course! I'm g-great, how are you?"

One eyebrow of the long-haired Warrior rose and Jisoo flushed pink when dark eyes wandered towards the Wielder's crooked collar. Slowly, Jeonghan reached out and adjusted the sweater, smoothing out the wrinkles with the tips of his fingers. "I'm just here to ask Ji something."

"Oh y-yeah, I'll be leaving then," Jisoo said quickly and dashed down the hallway towards the nearest bathroom.

Jeonghan frowned and knocked at the door. Without waiting for a response, he walked into the room.

At his disturbance, Jihoon looked up from the book he had been reading. "What?"

"You really need to get your possessiveness under control. They will throw a fit if they see those god damn hickeys."

 

Jisoo had just begun to chop vegetables for lunch when the doorbell rang. Wiping his hands on his apron, he set the knife aside but loud footsteps and laughter informed him that someone else had opened already, so he focused back on cooking. He hummed a quiet tune while taking care of celery, carrots and potatoes, and when the water in the massive pot on the stove finally began to boil, he turned around with a little twirl.

Only Wonwoo's excellent reflexes prevented the Guardian from getting stabbed in the stomach. The kitchen knife landed on the floor with a metallic clatter.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?! Don't sneak up on me while I'm cooking, it's dangerous!" Jisoo's shaking hands were still pressed over his racing heart when Wonwoo picked up the knife.

"I just came to ask if you need help." A small smirk was tugging on his lips. "I didn't think you'd try to assassinate me."

The Wielder laughed weakly and shook his head to get rid of the adrenaline that was cursing through his body. "Uh... yeah, maybe you cou-"

The kitchen door burst open and slammed into the wall with a deafening crash.

"Jisoo!"

"You bastard, what did you do?!"

"Drop the knife!"

Nine Forcebearers were futilely trying to force their way into the kitchen all at once, cursing and blocking each other's way. The knife got ripped out of Wonwoo's hand and lodged into one of the wooden cupboards while the Guardian got pressed against the counter by an invisible force.

Mingyu was the first to reach Jisoo, his taller build helping him push through the throng of Forcebearers. He immediately pulled the Wielder back, scattering ingredients all over the floor, while the rest stalked closer to the Guardian.

"Guys! GUYS!" Jisoo tried to move past the tall Warrior but Mingyu stepped into his way. The Wielder's eyes widened when Hansol armed himself with a meat cleaver and Jihoon reached for Wonwoo's bare wrist.

"No! Stop it!" Anger hit his Bonded like a fist and everyone froze. He wrenched his hand out of Mingyu's hold and pushed past Jeonghan and Seungcheol, making them stumble. "What the heck are you thinking?! You could've seriously hurt him! Release him now, Minghao."

"But- but the knife-," Chan stuttered, quite intimidated by his Wielder's sudden temper.

"Why were you scared?" Seokmin asked quietly from his spot near the door and his unexpected presence distracted Jisoo for a moment - until he remembered the door bell earlier.

Releasing an audible sigh, the Wielder massaged his temples but his voice was already calmer when he answered. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter