Allies

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You little er, that was his first kiss!"

The warmth on Jisoo's lips vanished quickly when the other pulled back, leaving him with the cool night breeze and craving for more.

"I only did what he said! Why are you so angry?!"

The Wielder felt as if he had gotten run over by a truck. His whole body was aching, especially his arms and his chest.

"He told you to touch him, not kiss him, you ert!"

He wanted to open his eyes - or at least tell his Bonded to keep their voices down - but he was so very tired.

"But that's the safest way to reconnect him, no? The emotions help more than just a random touch."

The hard asphalt felt uncomfortable against his skin and he could feel coldness seeping through his clothes.

"Still! I wanted to be the one who- ow, Jihoon! Why are you always so violent?"

Through the arguing, he heard movement next to him and warm fingers pressed against his throat, measuring his pulse.

"I think he's awake, just too tired to get up," an unfamiliar voice interrupted. The shouting quieted down at once and multiple pairs of feet stepped closer.

"Jisoo?"

"Can you hear me, cutie?"

"Hyung? Are you okay?"

Everything inside of him resisted at the thought of having to move his heavy body - but his will won and he groggily nodded and tried to open his eyes with a groan. The first person he could make out through his blurry vision was a complete stranger, but behind the male he recognized the distressed faces of his Forcebearers.

"Welcome back," the stranger said with a smile. "Nice to meet you and thanks for taking care of my Warrior."

The only thing Jisoo could muster was a weak and confused "huh?" in response. Jeonghan helped him sit up, all while anxiously checking him for potential injuries, and the unfamiliar male moved back a few feet to give the Forcebearers enough space to crowd around their Wielder, Chan and Hansol immediately kneeling down next to him.

"Sorry, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Jung Daehyun, Yongguk's Wielder. And judging by his expression you already know Himchan." Jisoo looked over to where he assumed Yongguk to be and was greeted by his relieved gummy smile and Himchan's catlike grin. Next to the two Warriors stood three more people he had never seen before, one of them even taller than Yongguk.

"It's good to have you back, Jisoo. We were worried," Yongguk said warmly and the Wielder smiled while Jeonghan wrapped his arms around him possessively and pulled him back into his chest. Jisoo gratefully leaned against his Bonded, too tired to keep sitting upright by himself. "This is the rest of my group, we're all in contracts with Daehyun."

The tallest one waved happily, his youthful face a bit too cheerful given the bleakness of the street. "Hi, I'm Zelo and those guys here are Jongup and Youngjae. Nice to meet you! So, are you and Yongguk-hyung a couple?"

Yongguk seemed dumbfounded at the bold question while the rest of his group started snickering. A flush crept over Jisoo's face and Jeonghan's arms tightened around him once more - but to his surprise it was Seungcheol who answered curtly. "Of course not, they only went out for a date."

Zelo looked quite disappointed and eyed Yongguk with a frown, who rolled his eyes at him. "Aw, but I thought tha-"

"Can we stop talking about useless and focus on the actual problem?" Jihoon interrupted rudely, causing Zelo to stare in fascination and Jongup to flinch at his harsh tone. "We got into trouble with a gang - again - and our Wielder almost died trying to sever a contract with them. I don't give a flying about dates right now."

"What exactly happened?" Jisoo finally had mustered enough strength to speak. His cheek was still pressed against Jeonghan's chest who was lovingly running his fingers through Jisoo's hair while the other Bonded looked on, concern etched into their faces. "Is it supposed to hurt that much?"

Daehyun shook his head, his expression serious this time. "You severed the contract while the original Wielder was fully conscious; that was incredibly dangerous. Normally, attempting this caus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter