Catfight(s)

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon had reluctantly seated Jisoo and Chan back on the couch they had used for their project earlier, while Jeonghan was rummaging around somewhere in the apartment and Seungcheol leaned idly against the wall. It was obvious to all parties involved that Seungcheol and Jihoon were still highly against the bonding of their brother. Even though Jihoon had admitted to thinking of Jisoo as a kind Wielder, it clearly didn't mean that he thought of him as a capable one. Seungcheol however seemed to be just generally against having a Wielder and forming contracts, regardless with whom. Jisoo could feel his glare boring into the side of his head.

Chan was the only one being outspoken about the situation. He had tried whining, begging, complaining and right now resorted to pointing out all the reasons why Jisoo shouldn't bond with Jeonghan (honestly speaking, he couldn't think of many) only to be met with deaf ears. The Wielder had explained multiple times that it was mainly Jeonghan's decision to make and by now he was tired of repeating himself. He was just thinking of ways to get his Guardian to calm down, when the actual source of Chan's displeasure walked into the room.

Jeonghan was holding a small box made out of polished wood and set it on the coffee table before sitting down next to Jisoo (far away from Chan, who was scowling at him). "My mother gave me this when I turned eighteen, she got it from her parents when she was young." Opening it, he revealed a gleaming silver dagger securely placed on blood-red velvet. "I'm pretty sure that thing has been handed down in our family for centuries but I'm probably the first Forcebearer to dirty it with my touch," he said with contempt, while running his slender fingers over the ornamented handle. He took it out of its box and weighted it in his hand before he turned towards Jisoo, who looked rather uncomfortable at the close proximity of the weapon. "Well, now it's your turn to use it. Cut me with it and then cut yourself."

The Wielder paled considerably when Jeonghan handed him the dagger and he held it as if the silver could bite his fingers right off. "C-can't you do it yourself? I don't want to hurt you," he asked feebly but his hope got instantly destroyed by Jihoon.

"It's tradition that the Wielder draws the Forcebearer's blood first. Did you sleep through first grade or something? That's basic knowledge," the small Warrior scoffed.

"Just because you learn it doesn't mean it's necessarily correct. I did it myself and my bond with Jisoo is perfectly fine." Chan sprang to his Wielder's defence, "I also got taught that you have to beat your Forcebearers regularly to keep them in line and I think we can all agree that that's bull." Jisoo winced at his choice of words while the Warriors winced at the violent picture the younger had conjured; Chan's family was indeed very different from their own parents.

"Okay, lets do it your way then," Jeonghan gave in after a few seconds of hesitation and took the weapon back from the very relieved Wielder.

Everyone held their breath when the Warrior used the sharp tip of the dagger to draw a long bloody line in the palm of his hand. "Oh god, did you really have to cut that deep? It's dripping on the carpet," Jihoon was immediately displeased while Jisoo frantically began searching for tissues in his backpack to stop the bleeding.

"Just bond with me and the cut will close - and stop complaining Ji, I didn't say anything when you had a nosebleed the day before yesterday."

"O-oh right, sorry, I forgot" Jisoo stuttered and blushed, much to Chan's and Jeonghan's amusement. Seungcheol and Jihoon only exchanged a disbelieving look. The Wielder took the dagger and carefully cut his fingertip with it, flinching at the sight of his blood. Quickly he pressed his finger against Jeonghan's palm, who used the chance to sneakily hold his hand (very much to Chan's annoyance).

The familiar pleasant feeling of something warm wrapping around his limbs engulfed Jisoo and he closed his eyes to savour it. Where moments before had only been Chan and him, there was now a third presence forming in his chest. It felt distinctly different from the Guardian, somewhat less soft and innocent, but it was just as comforting. For now he couldn't grasp Jeonghan's feelings through the bond, but he was sure that it would change after getting to know the other better.

When he opened his eyes Jeonghan was smiling at him, looking rather pleased. "This actually feels pretty good and really different from when my mother did it."

"How is it different?" Seungcheol asked, too curious to keep his angry silence up any longer.

"Hm, it's hard to describe. With mother it felt a bit like an invasion even though it was a mutual contract. But this one is really warm somehow, it's soothing and I can actually feel that Jisoo is close." Both Warriors looked intrigued at their brother's explanation and eyed Jisoo with newfound interest.

"Hyung and I can feel each others emotions through the bond," Chan proudly piped up, "that's how I found him earlier."

"For real? Do you know if mum and dad can do that too?" Seungcheol asked Jeonghan, who shrugged.

"No idea, but if they can they've never told me. Lets ask them next time."

After checking his phone Jisoo got up from the sofa while futilely wiping at the dried blood on his hand. "I think we should go home now, it's half past eight already."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter