Transition

The CEO's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ehh?! ... Wae? But eomma, I don't want to!" Jaehee complained, furrowing her eyebrows as she stared at her mother. 

"I want to stay here in the US...I want to stay with you... I don't want to stay with some insensitive !" 

"Jaehee! Watch your language, I did not raise you like this just so you can curse as you please." 

"....Mianhae." After apologizing to her mother, she felt herself being pulled into a hug. 

"Jaehee...I know that your father and I had a divorce, but we made a compromise to spend time with you...I promise, after enduring one year with him, I will let you decide who you want to live with permanently."

...

"One year..just one year.." Jaehee repeated herself as she began cleaning her dad's house. Cringing at the smell similar to a dumpster, Jaehee sprays air freshener around her. Frustrated by the mess, Jaehee began to dial her father's number, several constant ringing passes until her father finally answers it. 

"Appa! Where the hell are you at?! The house looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years!" As Jaehee yells at her father through the phone, she simply heard a sigh from the other side, which was making her boil even more. 

"Mianhae my daughter...I have just been so busy with the company that I cannot find any time...I know that I'm asking for much, but can you come to my company?" 

"Company? Wait, wae? What do you-" 

"I have to go to a meeting now. I'll text you the address, it shouldn't be too far. Bye." After her father hanged up, Jaehee immediately received the address from her dad. Having no other choice, she exhaled a sigh and began to set her luggage aside, preparing to head out. 

...

With the help of Google Maps, Jaehee walked four blocks until finally arriving to her father's company. 

"Rainbowbridge World...Okay then." Jaehee hesitantly opens the door, who then was greeted with a bump from another person. 

"Aish...Oh! So sorry, I wasn't looking." Quickly standing up, a tall female bowed in apology and reaches out her hand to Jaehee. Flustered, Jaehee grabs ahold of the female's hand who pulls her up. Jaehee mouthed a shy 'thank you' to the tall female who quickly left the building in a haste. 

 

Geez, how embarrassing.

 

Taking her phone out of her pocket, Jaehee texts her father of her arrival. Sitting in one of the nearby couches from the waiting room, Jaehee began to read a message from her friend back in the US. 

 

Kyelie: Hey! It's only been a day and yet I already miss you! How's Korea so far? 

Jaehee: Aww, I miss you all too! Honestly I wish I was still in the US. I loved hanging out with the group... I barely know anyone here besides my dad! 

 

After pressing send, Jaehee lets out a sigh, staring at her friend typing a reply until she heard a voice nearby. 

"What?! They're closed?! Mmh Byul unnie! How are we supposed to get the chicken pizza set then if the restaurant is closed?..." Jaehee took quick glances at the source of the voice, unintentionally overhearing the fatal female pout over the phone. 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter