Choi Minho.

I Think I Saw Love

 

C H A P T E R 7: Choi Minho.

 

”HIS BOYFRIND?!” Jonghyun shouted with wide eyes without a doubt entirely shocked and without thinking or caring about catching the attention of almost every person in the hospital’s cafeteria and nearby areas – such as the entrance hall and the reception.

“Wow, wow, wow, dude! Could you try to scream that a little bit higher next time? I don’t think the people outside could hear it wholly!” Minho murmured sarcastic and almost face palmed himself just to avoid the strange stares from a nearby crowd of people. – And now that Minho said it, Jonghyun could indeed see the embarrassing point in shouting ‘his’ and ‘boyfriend’ in the same sentence, considering it wasn’t the topic what most citizens found themselves comfortable with.

Jonghyun uttered a little apologize and draw his cup of coffee up till his mouth, taking a few sips of it as he eyed Minho in front of him; the precise same latter who had been his best friend in his high school days and who just had told him that he was dating a boy, – and not just any boy, but Lee Taemin, his roommate, who in this exact moment was spending some quality time in his room upstairs together with Kibum, while they was sitting here in the cafeteria and talking about things.

You see, the thing was, that apparently due to Taemin’s concussion, he had forgotten everything about Minho existence. “But how did it happen, the accident?” Jonghyun questioned and placed his cup at the table in front of him, as the surrounding mood had stilled a little bit down.

Minho sighed and rested his hands at the table, his fingers was trembling a little as he turned his gaze away from Jonghyun. “I—It was because of me, hyung. We got into this fight; he got really angry at me at left before I got the change to stop and talk him,” Minho paused a bit, still not looking at Jonghyun and biting his lower lip, as if he was afraid of the other’s expression. “I didn’t hear from him that evening as I usually would have, even if we had been in a fight he would usually call me to apologize or the other way around, but when I tried to call him he didn’t pick up his phone. Then the next day his parents called me and told me that Taemin had been hit by a car and hospitalized.”

At the time he was done speaking, it was obvious that the boy could break into tears in every possible moment and Jonghyun eventually leaned forwards to pat Minho’s hands in a try to comfort him. “Man, relax Minho; there was nothing you could do about it, so stop wasting your precious time feeling bad about it. It isn’t helping anything. What Taemin needs right now isn’t a whining boyfriend who takes the entire fault for his accident, but a boyfriend that can look forwards and stay strong for his sake. Do you understand that, Minho?”

“I—I understand very well,” Minho finally uttered and nodded after some minutes of silence where he just had been sitting with big startled eyes roaming all over Jonghyun’s firm face, clearly surprise by his calming words. “You really care about him as well, don’t you hyung?”

“Well, I might do, but definitely not as much nor in the same way as you do, that’s for sure,” Jonghyun confirmed jokingly – despite the fact that it certainly wasn’t that funny again – and let go of Minho hands, leaning back into his chair where he once again started to take small sips of his coffee while looking at Minho’s response.

Minho grunted a little thoughtfully noise as he slightly frowned and folded his arms, leaning back as well. “Hyung, do you one way or another, have any problems with me dating a boy?” He then asked, seeming a little bit suspicious about Jonghyun’s choice of words.

Jonghyun’s eyes widened by the latter’s question.  – Did he have any problems with it? – In the end he shook his head no answering: “Minho, I don’t care if you are dating another boy, alienor even a frog. I couldn’t care less; it’s your life, not mine,” he paused a little bit unsure before adding: “I just hadn’t expected you to…—” “—be gay?” Minho blurted. “I wanted to say something similar to ‘like boys’ but now that you are saying it yourself, then yes; to be gay.”

“Hm, what about the pretty boy who was together with you and Taemin? You seemed quite close; was sitting and entwining fingers and everything. Do you guys by any chance like each other’s or anything?”

“Huh? You mean Kibum?” Jonghyun laughed faintly with a perplexed gaze and placed his cup on the table. “Dude, just because you are gay it doesn’t mean that everybody else is – which I in fact am not, if you should be wondering about it, – and besides you know how I am right? I love skinship and such, we are just friends,” Jonghyun stated with a little shrug.

“Oh, right, he just seemed so… I don’t know… what if he actually likes you and misunderstands your actions?” Minho asked slightly worried.

“Likes me?!” Jonghyun exclaimed taken aback, not knowing if he should be crying or laughing. – Right, Kibum might look a little bit feminine and pretty, not to mention a lot, actually. And the way he always would react to Jonghyun’s touch, leaning into it and enjoying it. And it was no secret that Jonghyun several times had been considering that Kibum indeed appeared a little bit gay, but even if he was, it didn’t necessarily mean that he liked him. “I really don’t think so Minho, we haven’t even known each other for a week.”

Minho shrugged. “Haven’t you heard about love at first sight?”

“If you haven’t noticed; he is blind, it would be pretty impossible,” he defended himself mindlessly, not really realizing what he just said until it was way too late and he couldn’t do anything else than regretting it.

“Wow, you’re an hyung,” Minho snorted mocking and groaned in disbelieve.

“I—I didn’t mean it like that! It’s just—” “—you can’t handle the fact that a boy might actually have fallen for you, I know, I know.” Minho cut him off and stood up with a sigh, eyeing him.

Wow, Jonghyun felt like a fool.

* * *

What the two boys didn’t know was about the person who had been sitting just around the corner in his wheelchair and listened to every word they just shared. After Taemin had fallen asleep – as soon as he lay down due to a headache – Kibum had decided to acquire a nurse who could lead him downstairs to Minho and Jonghyun, but when he heard the two talking about them he just froze in his spot: Kibum had of course known that Jonghyun didn’t like him the same way he liked Jonghyun. But to hear him say it was just something totally different and heartbreaking. 

 



 

A/N: Oh my effin Gawd, guys! This chapter was so hard to write D: - I actually wanted to upload it yesterday and I had it almost finished... Until I decided it was some and rewrote it. It have gotten a little better since than, but I am still not totally satisfied. Sigh.

 

Subscribtions and comments are loved <3

~ Legende ^_^v