Me loving you.

I Think I Saw Love

C H A P T E R 3 6: Me loving you.

 

Kibum was seated on the staircase – only containing of a few steps – leading up to the bar entrance, while Jonghyun stood some few meters away, talking on the phone with his older sister. What they were talking about however, Kibum did not know and according to the way his boyfriend was sending him strange glances – almost as if to make sure that he was not listening – Kibum figured that it was not for him to know what they were talking about, in the first place.

So there he was seated on the cold concrete – looking at the bouquet of beautiful red roses which Jonghyun had given him after his performance and wondering if he maybe was to blame for the trouble that was going on with the Kim family.

Kibum forced himself to smile, as he saw Jonghyun approached him, all while stuffing his phone into his pocket. The older boy smiled back at him (his smile honestly seeming a lot more genuine, than Kibum judged his own smile to be), before stopping in front of him and muttering a small hi.

“Is everything okay, or what is going on?” Kibum asked, as he stood up and brushed his for eventually dirt.

Jonghyun just nodded and gave him another assuring smile – smile made Kibum feel all bad about his own serious self and forced smile just now – before replying him: “Do not worry Kibum. It is just my dad who has been out with some of his colleagues, gotten a little bit too much to drink and then have made a fuss out of pretty much everything annoying him.” 

The younger boy breathed out and looked back at the roses again – he felt like stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jacket. It was certainly not summer anything; the air was cold and sitting in the cemented staircase had obviously not been helping him to keep the heat at all.

“I just feel guilty; I think that whatever is going on with your dad is my fault, because he seems to dislike me so much,” Kibum admitted frustrated – he barely got to finish his sentence however, before one of his hands was resting in the soft somehow warm hand of his boyfriend.

“But it is not your fault,” Jonghyun guaranteed him – sounding a little bit sternly however, to make sure that Kibum understood that, what he was telling him was the truth. “I am always fighting with my dad no matter what I am doing; it has nothing to do with me loving you.”

Okay. Well, maybe it had a bit – but it was not Kibum’s fault that Jonghyun was in love with him, so actually it was not his fault.

Kibum smiled a bit by the words, letting himself get cheered by Jonghyun and his affection towards him. He even barely got to notice the soft kiss, which was planted on top of the hand that Jonghyun was holding, or the said boy telling him that they should get going instead of wasting their time, before he was gotten dragged away with.

“Jonghyun, where—where are we going now?” Kibum questioned, afterwards cursing himself for stuttering in the middle of all. He asked because, frankly speaking, he was not really sure on where they would be staying tonight.

“To my sister’s place – she has a really nice apartment, but she never uses it because she is out travelling the most of the time.”

* * *

Kibum let out a satisfied groan, as he threw himself onto the soft bed, only dressed in a pair of boxers and an oversized shirt, which Jonghyun had found in the bottom of a closet and claimed to be his, from a time where he used to stay over a lot. “I really like her place.”

The younger boy had indeed had big round deer eyes, when Jonghyun had showed him around in the apartment.

The place was big and modern, seemed somewhat luxurious, but without being way to flashy. The kitchen was connected to the dining– and living room in one big opened-floored concept. It had one master bedroom with own bathroom, a guestroom and an office.

The office was filled with all kinds of fabrics lying all over the place, and there were standing mannequins dressed in different samples of clothes – which Jonghyun explained to him, actually was because that his sister was working for a design company.

So Songdam had a nice apartment and a nice job? – Well, Kibum would not admit it, but he was starting to get a little bit jealous.

“You do?” Jonghyun questioned as he lied down beside him in the bed. “It can be ours for a smaller amount of money.”

Kibum turned to look at Jonghyun with a surprised face. He frowned however, when he searched for some kind of reaction – but it never appeared, and Kibum eventually ended up asking: “What?

Then the reaction came and Jonghyun smiled stupidly, as he turned to face Kibum as well. “Remember that I said that she never uses it anyway?”

Kibum nodded as an answer, waiting for Jonghyun to continue.

“Well, the design company she is working for… it is actually in New York, and then when she heard that we needed a place to stay, she suggested that we could buy this apartment – it is fine with her, as long as she can stay in the guestroom, when she will come to Seoul in her vacations.”

The younger boy – who until now had been lying down – sat up in a hurry. “Jonghyun, are you kidding me right now?”

Jonghyun shook his head no.

“Then why did you not tell me this any sooner?”

“I am serious. I would have told you before but—” Jonghyun paused and looked into the weary brown eyes of the boy in front of him. “It has been a long and exhausting day for you, Kibummie; you should lie down and get some sleep – it is not every day that you get your eyesight back.”

Kibum sighed and nodded. Jonghyun was right anyway and now that the older boy had said it himself, it just seemed even obvious how tired he actually was – a lot of stuff had just happened today, and so Kibum had not got to realize it himself; until now at least.

Holding hands, both boys laid down beside each other. Jonghyun scooted closer to the younger boy, as he felt his eyes drifting close. He was tired himself. Tired of always discussing with his dad, tired from working, tired of fighting for a better life – but lately he did it all with the person that means the most to him and someday – very soon – he knew that everything will pay off and that they will be able to settle down to a proper life…

…Together.

 

“By the way,” he muttered half asleep. “We should go to Daegu and get stuff settled with Jinki.”

 

 


 

 

Author’s note:

It surely has been a long time again, huh?

I mean, I have been in Korea, but I have been home for at least three weeks already! Why does it have to be so hard to pull myself together? I am not even that busy with school… so I should have no excuses.

Well, this fanfic is coming to an end – I might as well say that as a starter. I mean Kibum has his sight back already, and ever since then, I have been writing chapters about the same freaking day… so our dear couple will be going to Daegu now and when they returns from there, just be prepared!

Besides that, pretty much nothing is happening in this chapter, so that is just great… at least there are a bit of fluff… I guess.

Anyway – when I am going to end this, I will be writing some new Jongkey fanfics – I think I said that in earlier chapters? – and hopefully they will get a lot better and longer! So look forward to that, please.

What am I even saying anymore? I feel like I have written an author’s note on 200 words about nothing – and REALLY NOW, why does it have to seem so much easier for me to write author’s notes than it is for me to write a chapter?

Okay guys, I hoped you somehow enjoyed this chapter or something – survived reading it, maybe? I mean not much happened – anyway, I am out!

 

~ Legende ^_^y