His.

I Think I Saw Love

 

C H A P T E R 2 7: His.

 

Jonghyun watched with excitement as the boy in front of him slowly dropped the white bindings and insecurely opened his brown feline eyes, to take a look at him for the very first time – the first out of many.

They were unutterable gorgeous.

The younger boy frowned as his eyes skimmed his face.  

“J—Jonghyun?” He questioned.

He lifted his arm by the mentioning of his name and reached out to touch the boy, but just as his hands was about to come into contact with the other, he stepped back with a panicking expression on his flawless face.

“K—Kibum?” Jonghyun asked, sincerely confused by the other’s sudden retract.

Was Kibum disappointed by the way he looked?

 

No. No. No.

 

“Jonghyun?” His name echoed in his ears, as it brought him back to reality. He gasped after air and swallowed the spit that had gathered in his mouth, as he sat up in a proper position as he confused scanned the locale, until his eyes landed and eventually rested at his Kibum.

“Kibum!” Jonghyun beamed and got up from his chair to approach the other in his bed.

The said boy embraced Jonghyun eagerly and right away buried his head into his chest, letting a surprising sob leave his mouth.

Jonghyun wrapped his arms around the petite body and caressed his back. “I have missed you so much Kibum,” he assured him. 

“I missed you too – I missed you so, so much – why did you leave?” He asked, obviously choking on some upcoming sobs to keep them from leaving.

Leaning a little bit away, he took a hold onto the other’s hand and intertwined it with his own – lifting it; he planted a kiss onto it, before answering: “You will get to see soon enough, dear.”

He felt bad as he figured he might have had hurt his Kibum – but he had his reasons for leaving, he really did.

“W—What did you just say?” Kibum questioned, frowning.

“I said, you will get to know soon enough,” Jonghyun corrected himself, smiling stupidly as he secretly admired the features in front of him with joy, before leaning in again, planting a second kiss – but this time on his nose. “How did you know I was here, however?”

Kibum smiled and buried his head into his chest once again – something Jonghyun had figured, he often did to prevent him from seeing his blush – taking a deep mouthful of air before uttering: “I could smell your present.”

Jonghyun chuckled sweetly by this, gently making his head tilt upwards again, for him to look at it, and eventually to plant a third kiss – onto his lips.

Kibum angled his head for a better access and deepened the kiss, quickly making it more passionately than Jonghyun actually had intended it make it.

But who was he to complain in the first place?

As the kiss broke it was only for the sake of air and Kibum used the opportunity to add: “Why? Were you sleeping?”

Jonghyun felt himself hesitate by the reminding of the disappointed panicking expression he had seen in his dream.

“Yes I was,” he admitted tiredly and rested their foreheads against each other.

“It was sweet how you were saying my name in your dream then,” Kibum stated, a soft smile creeping onto his face as he blushed by his own words. Jonghyun cleared his throat and started to lean away again, but the younger boy quickly prevented him from it, by clutching onto his collar, saying something that mostly likely sounded like a rushed: “Wait!”

“What?” Jonghyun asked a little bit taken aback by his boyfriend.

“Can—can you please kiss me again?” Kibum asked, smiling a silly grin, as if he knew that the request was totally ridiculous – (but remarkably cute).

Jonghyun grew a big smile by these words, but instead of fulfilling the request immediately – which in matter of fact used a lot of his determination – he teased the other by asking: “Do you have a reason for actually asking me such question?”

"Um, y—yes?" He hesitated.

"No you don't silly. If you want to kiss, then why don't you just kiss me yourself?" Jonghyun questioned jokingly.

"Can—can I?" He asked, making it very obvious how insecure he was in this field.

"Of course you can, I'm your boyfriend as well as you're mine, right?" Jonghyun stated with a gentle smile – and wished that Kibum was able to see it.

Some mere seconds went before Kibum seemed to realize what it was Jonghyun he was implying, and a similar smile caressed his face as he eagerly pulled Jonghyun towards him and captured his lips.

*

Kibum had no idea what he was doing when he suddenly was pinned to his bed with Jonghyun hovering on top of him, with their lips attached.

It felt good.

It felt so, so good.

He had actually thought he would had been mad at Jonghyun if he would return, but all that was soon forgotten as soon as the other's sugary scent had reached his nose and almost aroused him with pure anticipation.

Their lips moved in sync with each other and he could feel Jonghyun's breath against his skin every now and then when he would part for air.

Kibum really didn't wanted to question Jonghyun's absent anymore – whatever reason he had for leaving him, it had to be a good reason.

It wasn't an expectation he had, but a matter of course; if he wasn't able to trust Jonghyun, then who would he be able to trust?

Kibum was brought away from his thoughts as he become aware of a rash movement in form of Jonghyun pulling away.

Before he got any chance to ask what was wrong however, an insecure voice female voice spoke up: "Ex—Excuse me, am I disturbing?"

"No, just go ahead," Jonghyun answered and cleared his throat, seeming a bit uncomfortable with the situation.

"I'm just here to inform you, that the doctors recently are preparing for tonight's operation, just as we agreed earlier," the woman stated.

Kibum jolted in surprise as he felt Jonghyun take a hold onto his hand. "Okay, thank you very much for that information," Jonghyun answered gladly.

He felt himself frown, confused as he heard the woman disappear. "Jonghyun what was she talking about?"

His hand was slightly squeezed tighter and for a short moment of time it felt like Jonghyun he was trembling, before answering: "Your operation."