Birthday surprise (part 5).

I Think I Saw Love

 

C H A P T E R 2 5:Birthday surprise (part 5).

 

“What was that all about?” Kibum questioned as they finally had left the two girls behind them, and now was making their way to some restaurant, which Jonghyun had insisted the both of them to go and eat at.

Jonghyun tightened the grip around the wheelchair, as he recalled his own words from earlier. “What was what all about?”

“Are you seriously Jonghyun?” The younger boy sighed out loud and crossed his arms over his chest. “I might be blind, but I am definitely not deaf!”

“Then what do you expect me to answer?” Jonghyun asked, clearly perplexed—perplexed over his own thoughts and words that had left his mouth. By now, it should be obvious for Kibum that he liked the out of him, right? He had been giving way to many hints already. Then why was it so hard for him, to admit it, and tell the younger the truth already?

Kibum sighed once again, answering: “You know what Jonghyun? Just forget about it, and then let us have some fun instead of.”

“That sounds like an idea,” Jonghyun admitted and kept on pushing the wheelchair towards the designated restaurant, while humming in a happy tone.  

“Hey Jonghyun?” Kibum suddenly spoke after some minutes of silence.

“Yes?” He replied.

“I feel really selfish when saying this, but I want you to know that I appreciate, that you got a knee injury and got hospitalized,” Kibum confirmed. Jonghyun could hear the sincerity in his voice, and he knew that it was meant in a good way – making him smile.

“I appreciate it as well,” Jonghyun told him truthfully with a big grin plastered onto his face. “You know.”

* * *

Evening had already arrived at the time the two boys returned to the hospital, and even though Kibum had felt a little bit bothered by Jonghyun and his many confusing remarks – which seriously had made him wonder if Jonghyun actually could be able to feel something for him, or if he just was trying to piss him of – he still considered the day as one of the best experiences in his relative short time of living.

Was it even possible for Jonghyun to like him?

Kibum didn’t even dare thinking that there ever would be a possibility for him, to be liked by such a stupendous person as Jonghyun.

It just seemed too unrealistic to actually be true, so why even bother?

“Hey Bummie? Do you want to talk?” Jonghyun’s voice snapped him back to reality.

They were both situated in his bed; Kibum in the head and Jonghyun in the other end, lazily pressing his fingers into his legs, causing an incredible, comfortable feeling to run through his body – something the latter did very often when he was up for talking, Kibum figured and thought that maybe it was something Jonghyun did on purpose, because he knew other people found it relaxing.

“Talk about what?” He questioned.

A moment – and some more pressure points into his leg – went before Jonghyun answered: “About today. About us?” 

“A—About us?” His breath got caught in his throat. “S—Since when is there an us?”

“Since never – not yet – but maybe there could be?” Jonghyun said with a rather claim voice.

Kibum quickly pulled his leg back, and away from the touches. “A—Are you kidding me right now?”

“N—No,” he tried to assure. “Kibum…”

“Yes you are!” He shrieked, letting a sob out. “You told me yourself! You like girls, not boys! You have had several girlfriends and you like skin ship! It is impossible that you would ever like me!”

Suddenly, two hands embraced his head. “We talked about it earlier, remember? Love is love, no matter which gender you have,” Jonghyun stated. “I—I have spent every day with you the last couple of weeks, and for every day I have found myself falling more and more for you.”

“J—Jjong—” Kibum muttered.

Was this real? Did Jonghyun – the same Jonghyun how saved his life and caught his heart in one beat – like him back?

“Bummie?” Jonghyun questioned, his cheeks from falling tears.

“Are—Are this your reality? This is so unrealistic, you know?”

“How can this still be a surprise for you?” Jonghyun questioned gently. “I thought it was starting to get more than just obvious.”

Kibum giggled by this, biting down in his lower lip. “It actually was.”

“Then what is the matter about, huh?”

He shifted a bit under Jonghyun’s touch, as he felt himself blushing. “You will probably laugh if I told you.”

“Laughing is good.”

“I just had a really hard time believing that this ever would be true,” Kibum explained. “That a boy like you eventually would fall for a boy like me.”

Jonghyun, truly enough, laughed – a cute laugh that could melt his heart – before saying: “But it is true – at least if you want it to be,” he requested.

“I—I do,” Kibum answered and carefully placed both his hands on top of Jonghyun’s before he would get the idea to move them.

 “So does this mean that I can answer with a yes if people ask me if you’re my boyfriend again?” Jonghyun asked suddenly.

“If you want to,” Kibum choked out, laughing with a silly smile, as he already knew the answer.

Another silence moment arose, as Jonghyun caressed his cheeks gently.

“I’m sorry I didn’t get you anything for your birthday,” he said.

“Are you kidding me right now?” Kibum asked in disbelieve. “You haven’t done anything else than giving me all what I wanted for the whole day.”  

“But—” Jonghyun started out, but was cut slightly off by a dim buzzing. “—at least I will give you something special before I’m leaving.”

“What do you mean by that?” He questioned and scrunched his face a little bit – not actually knowing which part of the phrase he was talking about.

Jonghyun’s hands tightened around his face, slowly making Kibum realize what the other meant by something special.

“J—Jjong,” he breathed out nervously, quickly himself around his lips as they was feeling awfully dry all of a sudden.

“Until next time we see,” the older muttered, and their lips suddenly met each other in a sweet and gentle first kiss. Kibum felt the butterflies rush in his stomach, as their lips moved against each other in synch, and before his mind actually had started to comprehend what was happening, the kiss was broken – lasting way too short amount of time if had you asked him.

“I will have to go,” Jonghyun announced muffled and pecked him one last time, before Kibum felt the bed shift and Jonghyun getting up.  

Kibum just realized that the dim buzzing sound still echoed through the room – and that it came from a cell phone.

Everything stood perfectly clear for him from that moment on.  

I will return soon.

Leaving.

Until next time.

Have to go.

“N—No, J—Jonghyun!” Kibum cried out and stumbled out of the bed, as he heard the door go open – and close again.