Favorite Place

Moon and Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re my favourite place to go to when my mind searches for peace.”

 

MMXXIX

 

Haneul was sitting on the edge of his parents’ bed, swinging his little legs, holding a KONbat. He watched as her mom walked back and forth. Coming to the closet and going to the bathroom. Then coming out and throwing her clothes (the one she tried) on the bed. After sometime, Hayi finally finished choosing what to wear and was now putting light make-up.

 

Haneul looked up and saw his mother stood in front of him, now finally finished and ready to go. She was wearing a simple dark blue long-sleeved dress that reach her knees and paired it up with her cute sparkly silver sneakers. She put her wavy long hair into a high ponytail. “How do I look, Haneul-ah?” Hayi asked as she push her sunglasses up her hair as a hairband and her mask was now resting by her chin. Haneul automatically smiled.

 

“You looked so pretty, omma!” Haneul cheerfully said and even thumbs up which made Hayi smiled.

 

“Is that what your father told you? To always say that I’m pretty?” she asked, chuckling softly. She saw how Haneul’s smile died out which made her brows furrowed. She kneeled down to be in level with Haneul. She narrow her eyes and saw that Haneul looked anxious.

 

“Baby, what’s wrong?” she asked and held his tiny hands. Haneul pouted and shook his head. Hayi sighed and cupped his cheeks. “Kim Haneul, why?” she asked, knowing her three-year-old son, he would tell her what’s bothering him. Strange, but Haneul was more mature than any three year old toddlers his age.

 

“What if appa forget me?” he whispered but Hayi still heard it. Hayi’s mouth opened, not knowing what to say. “What if appa don’t like me anymore?”

 

Hayi couldn’t help but laugh. Damn, this little kid, really. Haneul must felt embarrass and hurt, he openly glared at her. Hayi forced herself to stop sniggering and smiled. God, her baby was really so cute. And Kim Haneul was definitely her son. The way he glared was like a duplicate of her glare.

 

She stood up and grabbed Haneul’s cap by the bed and put it on his head. Haneul looked up at her and she sincerely smiled at her son. “Haneul-ah, appa really loves you. He would never forget you. It might be, what, 8 months? Wait, I think it’s more than 8 months. Okay, maybe 9 months, they have a 9-month world tour. Your father might be always busy, always on YGE. We rarely see him here at home. But always remember that appa loves you, okay? And he would never forget us. Never.”

 

Hayi took a deep breathe. Yeah, Kim Jiwon was so busy this year. iKON had a world tour this year. He was on another country every month. And when he’s here in Korea, he was always on the music studio, always busy polishing their full album. And Haneul may be smart, but he was still a kid, and Hayi couldnt help but smile at their son.

 

She jerked when she felt a hand held hers. She looked down and saw Haneul beaming at her. “Omma, let’s go. We shouldn’t be late for appa’s concert,” he said and Hayi smilingly nodded. Yeah, their Haneul-lie was really a smart kid.

 

 

“Unnie!!!” Hayi cringed when she heard someone shouted her name. She also saw Haneul cringed. They were now on Olympic Gymnastics Arena, on the backstage, looking for her husband before they go to their seat. Lee Suhyun, who was now standing in front of them, was glaring at the mother and son, crossing her hands by her chest. “He really got his personality from you,” Suhyun said before kneeling and hugging Haneul. “Waah! You’re growing up so fast Haneul-lie!”

 

Haneul looked up at his mother, asking for help but Hayi playfully smirked. She knew Haneul love his Auntie Suhyun but she was always clingy and was always hugging him and always screaming that he was cute and Haneul didn’t like it.

 

“Wanna eat ice cream?” Suhyun asked and Haneul excitedly nodded. He looked at Hayi who nodded.

 

“Go, I’ll just follow,” Hayi said and she saw Haneul’s brows creased, wondering why his mother was not coming with them.

 

“He’s on their dressing room, unnie. Go. We’ll follow after we eat some ice cream,” Suhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter