I'll Be There

Risum Lacrimis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you for liking me, but... Sorry, I've already had someone I like."

 

That was what Jeonghan said to me. It is hurt and shocking. But the weird thing is I can't be upset. And I was like...

"Uhm... It's okay. I was just want to let out this feeling. You know how this feeling always haunted you, right? Since you were also had a crush on someone."

...rant to him.

I felt sorry that he had to feel uneasy because he turned me down, but I make him sure that I'm totally fine. Since he has someone he likes, he wouldn't be happy if he going out with me, right?

And I don't want that.

 

Anyway, I don't even know how, but we ended up talking about his crush.

 

"You should confess to him!"

Jeonghan widen his eyes and shook his head cutely. Geez, how lucky I am to see that!

"He always thinks that I was just his chair mate."

I looked at his sad smile and sighed. I want to hug him and help him, but...

"I actually don't want to interfere with your love live, but is there anything I can help...?"

"N-no! I'm okay. You don't have to do anything about it!"

I pouted and squinted at him. "You sure?" I asked. He nodded.

 

 

 

It was only the next day, and I saw Jeonghan was pinned to the wall by a guy. I gasped.

They didn't say anything. I hurried to hide myself nearby and tried to listen to their conversation.

I watched carefully and help myself to learn everything from the scene. From Jeonghan scared expression, his stiff body, his pink-blushed cheeks, to the tall figured guy in front of him, and his jealousy eyes looking at Jeonghan.

"Why didn't you tell me?" said the tall guy.

"T-tell you, what?"

"Someone confessed to you yesterday."

Oh.

"How do you know?"

"I know everything about you, Yoon Jeonghan. I'm your chair mate."

I slapped my own face. Dude, that's not how you confess your feeling to someone you like!!

I was holding myself before I accidentally groan out loud. This guy is torturing me, really! Didn't he know that I can't even let out one little squeak?!

"Yeah, I know that. But does chair mate supposed to know everything?"

 

 

 

I might not be able to become his girlfriend, but I wish I could be his friend. Even though people said that you can't befriend your crush, even though people said I will like him even more than before, even though people said it will actually feel like crushing my own heart, I'll keep trying my best to support him no matter what. At least, that's what I can do right now...

"It's Mingyu, isn't it?"

I asked Jeonghan because he didn't actually tell me who his crush is. He burst out.

"You're fast..." he said. I shrugged.

"Well, he’s the most famous guy in school. And I saw him pinned you to the wall this morning, and your cheeks were freaking red. I bet the entire school talking about you two…"

"Omg, you saw that?!"

"Yeah," I chuckled; he seemed to be worried because I saw them, more than worried that people are probably talking about him and Mingyu.

"Now you know how weird he is! And you hear what he said, right? Chair-freaking-mate!"

"I know! I slapped my own face when he said that!"

"You're so stupid, Kim Mingyu! I don't want to be your chair mate!"

 

We ended up screaming about how stupid Kim Mingyu is...

 

 

 

I was holding my breath when Mingyu came to me.

"Are you dating Yoon Jeonghan?" he asked.

There wasn't even any 'hi' or 'hello'.

I tried to act cool and pretend to not knowing anything. "Who are you?"

"I'm his frie—chair mate actually."

I sighed and slightly rolled my eyes. What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter