.Final

So Mote It Be!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N. Hello! I usually save these for after the story but idk let me live. Anyways I don't really know if I like the outcome of this fic but I chose to post it because of your support. Thank you thank you thank you.  Much like my other stories this is a bit of a mess so hang with me here okay, someday I'll post something that will blow your mind.

I haven't edited it yet, even tho i like should have hahaha im too lazy right now. 4,000+ words... Like im dead

Okay, I've taken to much of your time already. Here is So Mote It Be!

 

The moonlight's glowed through the open glass window, replenishing my magic. It was the last day of the waxing moon perfect for tonight's spell.

 

Following the moon's cycle was second nature to me. A special connection allowing me to be in tune with my surroundings and Great Mother, the supreme ruler of the magical world.

 

I longed to be outside, truly soaking in everything the moon's energy had to offer. I mustn't, knowing my parents are listening to my every move. Knowing on this day I become thoroughly rejuvenated. This day is when my powers are aligned and stronger than ever.

 

They won't let me leave at dusk, afraid of my possibilities. Brainwashed by Hollywood into thinking we worshiped Satan. They don't want the public to know, two good religious parents, gave birth to a witch.

 

I was only allowed outside when the sun was high. I had convinced my parents I would stop doing magic if they allowed me to go to school. They believed me, suspecting I turned off my powers like a light switch, but little did they know, the feeling of the sun blazing down on my fair skin gave me the softest feeling. As if Great Mother is giving me comfort, support, and love.

 

She has always been so kind to me. Helping me make successful spells and potions. Reminding me never to be afraid of myself, to trust myself and my abilities.


She has always been so kind to me. Providing me charms to pass out to unlucky classmates who struggle with tests, hoping it will help them get at least the highest grade they deserve. Charms for classmates whom are introverted to bring them friends, whom will help them with their struggles.

 

She has always been so kind. Connecting me to the moon. No, not the one outside my window. The moon just a year younger than me with silky silver hair and a nose that would crinkle whenever she smiled. Her heartwarming personality is addicting as nailing a spell on your first try.

 

Moon Byulyi. Moon Byulyi. Moon Byulyi. Moon Byulyi.

 

I will never forget my first encounter with her.

 

I fished for an object in my pocket-- a ponytail in fact. Hers. She gave it to me during a joint gym class. She noticed how my hair hit my face when I jogged. I will never forget her chuckle as she caught up to me. She shook her head, pulling the elastic from her own head, handing it over to me, and ran ahead.

 

Moving to the center of my room, where a lone red candle stood, I took a deep breath closing my eyes. I meditated for a moment, before opening my eyes again to a well lit candle. The small fire blazed, dancing side to side, waiting patiently for my instruction.

 

I fiddled with the ponytail, for a moment, then clasped my hands together. Staring at the flame, I began the ritual.

 

“Great Mother,” I whispered, careful not to awaken my parents. “Come towards my way, to see me now or someday. A devil won't cause me hell make Moon Byulyi for my love spell.”

 

Blowing out the candle, I slid into bed, placing the band underneath my pillow, “For you shall be mine, and you shall love me so, and I be yours. So mote it be...”

 

I closed my eyes. My dearest Moon Byulyi appeared in my dreams.

 

 

Mother gave me a look, knowing something was different. She could sense it –I could feel it. The sun was brighter, the birds were chirping, the air was clear. She handed me my packed lunch and apprehensively sent me off to school.

 

I immersed myself in the new environment , picking up stones and gathered leaves and flowers. These ingredients are perfect for potions and charms.

 

I soaked up the sun, thanking Great Mother in the deepest nook of my heart for this spectacular.

 

The walk fell short when I spotted a girl hunched over, sobbing rather loudly, on a bench. She was wearing the same school uniform and her blonde hair was out of the ordinary. I knew I couldn't just pass her without guilt, so I approached her.

 

“Are you alright?” I asked bending down to her level.

 

“I-I-I...” She sobbed lifting her face from her hands. It was wet and covered in snot. I tried my best not to cringe, instead reaching for tissues in my handbag. I held them out to her and she let out a 'thank you'.

 

“Wanna tell me what happened? Promise I won't tell...”

 

“Where do I begin?” She muttered wiping her face. Despite her puffy cheeks, bloodshot eyes, and runny nose, she was gorgeous. Long blonde hair, and sharp features, were balanced out by her doe like eyes. I caught a glimpse of her badge too, signifying she was in grade 11, just year below me.

 

“I made a mistake.” She mumbled glancing at the direction of the school. I stayed put waiting for her to open up. She placed her hands on her lap, twiddling with the tissue. “The worst part is I didn't even see it coming. She walked right beside me, held my hand, and laughed at my corny jokes, just like yesterday. B-But there was something off... She was speed walking like she was late, her hands were cold and clammy, and her laugh was fake.


“She cut me off in the middle of my sentence and broke up with me...” She trailing off, crying into the tissue again.

 

Goosebumps ran down my arms. It was a strange sensation, like walking under a ladder or killing a ladybug. I stood up quickly feeling nauseous. I threw her quick apology and ran all the way to school.

 

I didn't stop until I reached my homeroom. I grabbed a pencil and scissors from our supply buckets, still, I was missing some key elements. I ran to the sewing club, gaining some stares from the members. I ignored them, rummaging through a bin, pulling out a needle and string, then booked it to the ladies room.

 

I pushed the door open and gasped. Low and behold, Moon Byulyi and her friends were huddled against a corner, talking among themselves. I had to get out of there fast! The other bathroom was on the other side of school, if I left now they won't notice me.

 

“Yah! Kim Yongsun!”

 

Damn. I didn't notice I was staring at them like a fish out of water. Standing my ground, a girl with short black hair strutted towards me.


Was she really a student? She looked like a supermodel... And how did she know my name?

 

“Don't think I don't know what you're about to do!” She yelled slamming her fist on the bathroom stall. The door flung open hitting the metal barricade, not only scaring me, but the two behind her. I let out a high pitched scream, cowering down in fear.

 

The girl let out a chuckle, “What? Black cat's got your tongue?”

 

I opened my mouth in shock. What? Did she know I was a witch? Why was she saying ambiguous things?

 

“You're a fool to think I don't know what you about to do with that needle and string,” She reprimanded pointing at my supplies. I cowardly hid the objects inside my bag. “You were about to repair Seulgi and Moon's broken relationship. 'To repair a heart means to repair love, these two shall forever be one' blah blah. Am I right?”

 

“I-I don't know what you're talking about!” I argued with shaky eyes.

 

“Sure, you don't. Look Yongsun, we know you're Great Mothers favorite, and she'll do anything for you, but you can't go around pulling love spells on people, then take 'em back! That s with us ya know!”

 

I fell to my knees hitting the cement floor. I held back a scream as the sting vibrated my whole body. My ears began to ring and my sight became blurry. I attempted to get my breathing together with no luck. Oh god, a panic attack.

 

“Hyejin, stop it! Don't you think you've done enough damage!” The redhead among the three shouted pushing the short haired girl out of the way. She bent over wrapping her arms around my shoulders, telling me to breathe.

 

“You think I care! We're always the ones who have to clean up all her messes! She's lucky Moon was planning on dumping Seulgi, or else she would be in heaps of trouble.”

 

My gaze found Byulyi. She was sweating and her skin was ghostly white. Tears escaped my eyes. I never meant to hurt her or cause any harm. I just wanted Byulyi to feel the same about her.

 

“I'm sorry!” I cried. “If I would've kno-known I wouldn't have done it I swear! Byulyi, I swear!”

 

“It's alright, we've all made mistakes.” The red haired girl cooed, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. “Isn't that right, Hyejin. Just last week she used a levitating spell during a game of Frisbee to reach the disk, but instead she mistook it with a flying spell and flew into the sky. Byulyi and I had to travel back in time to warn her not to use the spell.”

 

I began to feel my heart rate slow down, and tears drying up as I listened to her story. I didn't know this girl, but she made me feel out of harm's way. Perhaps she is a healing witch? Hyejin, on the other hand, shifted her feet.

 

“She's right,” Byulyi finally spoke up. “I see you meant no harm to us, fellow witches, but be careful with your magic in the future. You have a substantial amount of power despite being so delicate. I'm sure its from the many hours you've spent practicing alone.”

 

Was that a compliment? It sounded like a compliment. And within second, Byulyi appeared in front of me, helping me to my feet. Her hands didn't feel clammy like Seulgi had described. They were velvety and smooth.

 

“H-how did you know?” I stuttered.

 

“You didn't really keep your magic a secret,” Hyejin snorted. “Wheein and I got this message from Great Mother, when you transferred to our school, to look over you like guardians. As for Moon over here, well you two are bound together by the moon or whatever.”

 

I lost my footing. Luckily, Byulyi was still holding up upright, stabling me once again. We briefly made eye contact, before shifting them to other areas of the bathroom –turning tomato red in the process. She let me go, brushing her hands against her skirt.

 

I knew there was a connection between us. I didn't know it was because she worked on moon phases as well. Or that she was a witch in the first place. I always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter