Ask Me A Question

A Bumpy Ride (Hiatus)
I'm being lazy... Sorry :( I really need to decide a deadline for my writings. Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy! ^^

 

Hye Kyo blinked a few times and Min Seok shoved the rose to her hands.

 
"Oh! Um..."
 
Before she managed to speak, Min Sepk winked at her and stormed off to the crowds, left a bewildered Hye Kyo in her spot. After a few seconds of shock she remembered something and swept her gaze all over the hall, frantically searching for a certain someone.
 
That was exactly when Hye Kyo's breath hitched; she met a deep brown eyes staring at her, gave his signature half-smirk and winked. He looked striking, with his well-fitted sharp suit outshining his friends around him, it made him look undoubtedly handsome... And hot. Hye Kyo felt her cheeks flushed red at the thought, yet somehow from the distance he raised an eyebrow at her like he could see her blushing. He was about to walk her way when he suddenly being pulled away exiting the hall by one of the abnormally tall friend of his and he was gone, just like that. Hye Kyo didn't even get the chance to greet him because she was overly busy the whole night. She sighed, focusing her mind back to her friends. The big night was finally over, and she couldn't be more tired yet happier than this. She fell asleep soon after sending a text to her sunbae.
 
I bet my whole fortune this is from you.
 
****
 
Busted. You like it?
 
Hmm. You weren't the one giving it to me though. I should thank Min Seok sunbae instead.
 
True that. You want me to bring the book today? I can stop by the dorm.
 
It's okay, oppa. If you're going to campus then I'll meet you there. Thanks a bunch, though.
 
For the book or the rose? ;) See ya.
 
So yes, things escalated quickly on their messages. Hye Kyo no longer called him sunbae and Joong Ki now called her Hye Kyo-ya. Unfortunately, because of their lacking in real world meetings, it was still as awkward as it could get when they were face to face.
 
"I'll return this soon, oppa. Thank you." Hye Kyo smiled shyly.
 
Joong Ki sat beside her on the park bench. "I won't need it for another two weeks. No rush."
 
She nodded. Then it fell silent, becoming awkward by the minute.
 
"Uh.. Hye Kyo-ya." Joong Ki scratched the back of his head. "I'd love to ask you for lunch but Kwang Soo needs me for something... You mind if I go now? Sorry though."
 
"Oh! Of course, oppa. I wonder why Kwang Soo sunbae isn't with you right now." She chuckled. Almost every time Hye Kyo caught a glimpse of him around campus, and she remembered at the party too, Kwang Soo and Ji Hyo sunbae would be near around him somewhere.
 
He laughed, and bid her goodbye. Hye Kyo was left alone, and she was scanning through the book when a pair of hands made her sight went pitch black.
 
"Ji Wonnie, get your hands off or I'll cut your fingers."
 
Ji Won came to her view with a frown. "When did you become so evil?" She sighed and sat beside her. In Sung, in tow with Ji Won, stood behind Hye Kyo and played with her ponytail.
 
"I thought you were with someone?" Ji Won asked, chewing a packet of gum she fished from Hye Kyo's pocket.
 
She nodded. "Was borrowing the basic statistics book from Joong Ki oppa."
 
In Sung snorted and Ji Won laughed loudly. "Oppa?! Oh my God, Hye Kyo-ya, you called him oppa already! Oh my God this is hilarious."
 
"What?" Hye Kyo staggered, feeling annoyed.
 
In Sung chimed in. "Nah, it's just that you never told us about your progress." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, making both of the girls laughed.
 
"You're still my number one oppa, don't be jealous." She stuck her tongue out at In Sung, oblivious to the effect her words had to him.
 
His eyes widened; but he managed to get himself together and laughed, ruffling her hair. She grumbled, and continue talking to Ji Won while he took a seat on the handrail, his mind drifted elsewhere.
 
****
 
Today was the recruitment day for volunteers of the campus sport tournament event which was held every year around October until November. Also the reason why Hye Kyo was up early, ready to go at 8 in the morning while Ji Won grumbled incoherently beside her, walking while rubbing her eyes every so often.
 
"Why are you so excited?!" 
 
Hye Kyo almost jumped all the way to the campus like a giddy rabbit. "I haven't play softball in a loooong time! If I get in I'll be able to do it again soon! Come on, Ji Wonnieee." She whined, tugging the sleepy zombie behind her.
 
They met In Sung around the park and the three of them walked to campus gym where the recruitment was held. After they filled the form, the three of them went on separated lines according to their chosen sports. Hye Kyo obviously queued in the softball line, while Ji Won was in the running team line and In Sung was in basketball with Sung Kyung in tow. Hye Kyo was excited but nervous, as they needed to be interviewed first to be included as part of the volunteering team. She kept her head low and her sight glued on her phone screen, taking a few steps forward as the line began to move. She didn't realize it was her turn and looked up when someone ahead of her cleared his throat.
 
"Oppa!" Her eyes grew wide and her hands went up closing in embarrassment. Some people beside her cocked their heads in curiosity and eyeing them, and it didn't help that Joong Ki was laughing rather loudly.
 
"Hye Kyo-ya. You didn't see me from all the way back, did you?" He chuckled.
 
Her face flushed red. He looked at her, amused.
 
"You're in."
 
She went blank. "Huh?"
 
"You're in the team. I'm curious if you really can play softball." He smirked, and Hye Kyo was bewildered.
 
"Oppa! Don't joke around. At least ask me a question first!" She whispered, flailing her hands in front of Joong Ki's face. He laughed again. He really liked how weird and clumsy she acted around him, it never failed to entertain him.
 
"Hmm.... Okay then. Let me think of something first." Joong Ki bit his bottom lip, pretending to think of a question.
 
She nodded excitedly. Then, her expression went blank again, completed with reddened face just like a tomato.
 
"Would you like to have dinner with me?"