Chapter 14

No Reservations
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

If you ask me if I'm nervous about meeting my future in-laws, my answer will be yes. Who doesn't get nervous meeting the family of your girlfriend? And to add that they are one of the most powerful families in the business circle. And I'm an orphan with just my sister and nothing else. I don't even know any of my relatives on both my parents' sides since Appa did not told us about them.

 

What I know is that Appa was disowned by his father for not following his wishes and married our mom whom he only knows for a week and met when both of them are studying in the States. Dad was in Yale Business School and mom was in Berklee taking up Music. They met on a party and sparks flew. But he said that it doesn't matter because they felt the connection and it was love at first sight. He said they have their whole lifetime to know each other so why bother to a long courtship? They move to San Francisco and after a year I was born. Then a few years after Dani was born and mom died. Dad decided to move us to Korea and live here until today. Dad didn't really tell us who our grandfather is and his name but he said he is a kind man but really cold.

 

So here I am today fidgeting, my underarms sweaty due to nervousness. I never thought the stage in a relationship where you meet the parents is so nerve wracking! Jung Soo Jung fighting!!


I'm inside Amber's office now and were waiting for the video call to connect from the Smart TV of her office. She told me that her family wants to meet me thru Skype. The call connected and a smiling face greeted us on the other line.


"Dad!! How are you? Where's mom and Jackie? "


"Oh! They're here.." motioning with the other two to join him. I see the happy faces of her mom and sister waving at us frantically.


"Hi Krystal! How are you? Amber has told me many things about you. You're all she talks about everytime we Skype. Krystal this, Krystal that, ..everything. It's nice to finally meet you and she ain't making a lie when she said you're beautiful because you really are. Don't hesitate to tell me if she' s not treating you right and I'll smack tht head for you til she learns."


"Mommm!! " Amber whined at her mom.


"Krystal welcome to the family! I'm so glad to finally meet the girl that changed my stupid daughter. Tell me, is she treating you well? Does she use authority to get what she wants? Tell me and I'll fire her. " Her dad winked which elicited a laugh from her mom. Amber being tease is hilarious. She's red all over and shaking her head.


"T-Thank you Mr. And Mrs. Liu. I'm also glad to finally able to meet you. Amber has been treating me s

Please log in to read the full chapter