Chapter 1

That Which Begun at the End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CH.ONE[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

As her trembling hands let go of the knife and it fell to the floor, clattering loudly upon the contact with the marble, she fell beside the cold-blood weapon. Her hands were shaking on her thighs and her lips parted in pure shock that was wrecking her whole body.

An unstable smile possessed her lips as she stood up and aimed straight for the door, trying to abandon the crime scene without anyone noticing her. As she ran, her left hand reached up to scratch at the fresh cut marks on her cheek and the tears gathered in her eyes from the sting of pain.

With a strong force, she shut the door behind herself, throwing the bloodied knife into the bushes just surrounding the big estate of Lee SeungHyun, that was now sitting in his white leather sofa, life leaving his eyes as his chest adorned a big number of stab wounds. His woman lay close to him, her face scratched with what could only be nails.

Throwing a last glance at the cursed house the young woman took out her phone and dialled a number, already having a notion of what the consequences for her actions are going to be.

After all… She killed a man. What more, she killed a governmental official and his woman.

 A heavy bundle of papers fell into one bigger stack of them, creating a mess all around JiYong’s desk as he was forced to snap his eyes open, awoken by the commotion around him. “What is it this time?” he grumbled with sleep still deep in his voice.

“We got a request for an investigation, Mr Kwon.” His assistant murmured, a frown on his face.

“Oh, really? That’s surprising.” The older male chuckled, ruffling his messy brown hair that still managed to fall in all the right places to look decent. “What is it about?”

“Choi SeulGi, sire.” The assistant stated, his finger pointing at the recently dropped bundle of files that now lay spread open in front of JiYong.

The Kwon’s eyebrows furrowed and his jaw became prominent as the man growled. “I’m not taking it on.” Came his low statement, closing the files shut with a slam of his palm. “She can rot in that psychiatric clinic for all I care. She got out well, in the end, anyway.” JiYong added after a minute of thought. “What a ing .”

The assistant flinched at his boss’ filled with malevolence voice, a shiver soon running down his spine. “But sire…”

“I will not.” JiYong growled louder, and just to show the point of how serious he was about rejecting this case, he threw the woman’s files into the bin that before stood empty just by his old oak desk.

Without being able to change his elder’s opinion, the assistant turned around and abandoned the scenes, not wanting to bring upon himself the wrath of his boss even more.

As JiYong heard his door close with a click he jumped up from his spinning chair, walking up to the dirty window that filtered in the dull light from the sun. Looking down, he saw his new assistant scurry down the street, no doubt going to have his lunch break. Heaving a sigh, the older man turned around again and went on a mission to walk circles around his small office while the thoughts clouded his mind.

“Choi SeulGi…” he muttered with hate in his eyes. “Who would have asked for an investigation?” As far as JiYong’s memory went, he did not remember a single person being there for SeulGi in her last moments of freedom, and he’s been to all her hearings and trials. “ing hell…” He cursed quietly, sending another frustrated hand into his hair and pulling at it, trying to ease his curiosity.

As much as he hated the woman, he knew he also needed a case to work on. He was a detective, after all, and recently the private firm was a bit short on money. Just a bit, though, for he dared not say that slowly, the business was coming to its end.

Plopping himself into his worn-out couch of washed-off green, he had found himself sitting just right in front of his desk that was still piled with the unfinished documents and solved police cases. His eyes felt tired again, begging to be closed for at least a minute of time, but his stubbornness did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter