humanity: by accident

By Accident
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Appa, I'll stay here for a while. I'll come home straight." Ae Riz told her father after the burial.

"Hyun Joong will wait for you."

"No. Dad. I want to be alone. I'll drive home. Don't worry about me."

"hmmm okay. I'll send Hyun Joong home."

Ae Riz nodded. All the relatives who came to the funeral left. She was the last and still at the grave. "Omma!" She finally cried. She held her tears during the wake. She never shed a single tear. Now and alone, she  let her heart  cry out. "Mommy. I'm going to miss you." She laid on her back and watched the sky. "The sky is gloomy. Maybe mourning too. Don't worry about dad. I'm coming home for good. I know you're very much worried about me but everything will be alright. I can do this. I can overcome this. Please watch for me." She didn't stopped crying. Then the rain started to  pour. She looked up at the dark sky. She started to walk down. As soon as she arrived at the parking, fear gripped her whole body. Her knees shook. Then she collapsed and passed out.

 

"Thank goodness," Jiyong breathed in relief. The rain stopped when  he arrived at the cemetery. He wanted to visit his bestfriend before leaving for some schedule overseas. She won't be able to join his memorial day. He got out from his car and walked around to get the bouquet from the back seat. He was about to walk away when he saw something on the car infront of him. He cautiously walked towards it. "Holy mother of...." he covered his mouth. "Hey... hello..." He suddenly became scared. His mind was battling on what to do. "I'm not human if I leave her here." He hauled her and carried to his car. He called emergency and told them the details that he's driving to the nearest hospital. He didn't even cared if she was dripping in his car. He looked around and saw her purse lying near the car. He doesn't have the time to check her car. He picked the purse and drove to the hospital the emergency line told him. He kept checking the rear. In 20 minutes she was infront of a hospital. An emergency crew were waiting infront. They transferred her to the stretcher right away.

"I found her at the memorial park parking. Here is her purse and..."Jiyong took out his wallet and handed bills to the lady. Please take care of her." he left. He can't risk to be recognized. "I hope she'll be okay." He drove back to the memorial park.

 

Ae Riz's father  had been pacing the floor. Her daughter is not yet home. He  started to get worried. The rain started to pour. There is even thunder and lightning.. "Han Hyun Joong, can you go back to the memorial park and check  on her . I'm not feeling good at this." He asked the secretary..

"Sir, I found her car but she's now where. I checked the grave but no one is in there." The secretary reported after half an hour.

"Check around the area. She might have walked." He told him.

"Yes sir."

He sank in the couch. And started blaming himself. "I shouldn't have left her alone.." he jumped when the house phone rang. "Lee" he answered right away.

"Is this  Lee Ae Riz house?"

He was trembling. "I'm her father,"

"She in our hospital.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter