parenting 101

By Accident
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh my God! Jiyong, why she's still crying?" Ae Riz was frustrated and near to tears. It's their second night after coming home from the hospital.

"Maybe the diaper is wet." Jiyong was beside Ae Riz.

"It's dry.  I.... "

"Maybe she's hungry."

"Maybe but she won't latch on." Ae Riz was really frustrated. Her blouse were all open and her were not covered. She doesn't care anymore of awkwardness. "Why it was so easy at the hospital?"

"Let me have her first," Jiyong took the baby from Ae Riz and put down the baby in the bassinet then she helped Ae Riz to the rocking chair. He fixed the nursing pillow in her lap. He took the baby from the bassinet and gently put her to her arms. "Try again"

Ae Riz  tried to feed the baby but she kept squirming. "Baby please don't make it hard for mommy." She finally cried.

"Hey," Jiyong don't know how to comfort her. "Let me carry her." Jiyong took the baby. "Baby, please don't make it hard for mommy hmmmm. Mommy is still tired." He started to hum and dance.

"She's hungry but I don't know why she doesn't want to from my ."

"Let's try again." He laid the baby in Ae Riz arms. "comeon baby. Be a good girl hmmm..."

"Oh..."Ae Riz tried again. "She's taking it. Ji, she's ." she cried in excitement.

"Thank you, my baby girl." Jiyong kissed his daughter's forehead and knelt infront of them. "She'll be a good girl."

"hmmmm.... as long as her father won't be spoiling her." Ae Riz said.

"Ae Riz, I'll be off to military in few months. I can't postpone it anymore. Will you be okay?"

"Hmmm... I'm recovered by then. You don't have to worry. I have my grand mother. I'm sure your mom will be visiting often."

Jiyong nodded. He doesn't also like the idea of getting someone to take care of the baby. "I'll ask my sister to visit you often. You don't have much friends here. At least she can bring you and baby somewhere."

"I have Yeonsu unnie. Ahh... I forgot to call Eli. He sent me message weeks ago asking about the baby."

"Hmmm....You'll learn a lot from Yeonsu noona. Do you want to call her and tell them they can visit."

"Uh.... Eli still doesn't know about my family." Ae Riz was hesitant. "Oh...Look Ji, she's asleep."

Jiyong took the baby and carried her in his arms. "Hush... little one. Give mommy a break."

Ae Riz was teary eyed. Never in her dreams did she imagine to see such sight.

 

Ae Riz felt a little bit better. She asked Hyun Joong to investigate Park Jang Woo's family business. The report was all in the desk. The business is doing good however some areas needs proper management. The company were seeking for merger in order to help in the financial aspect in developing and improvement of other branches. They approached her father's company.

Hyun Joong handed her all the papers and proposal. She's not the expert but she wanted to slap Park Jang Woo in the face that she can do something. She studies the proposal in between of taking care of Soo Jin. Jiyong had been trying to juggle his time as well from work and his new family. He tries to come home before five.

Jiyong came home earlier. He finished up early. He found Ae Riz doze off in her study table with the papers around her. Jiyong shook his head. He gently and carefully lifted Ae Riz to move her to the bed.
Ae Riz stirred. "Jiyong?"

"You fall asleep in your table. It's not good. Take a rest."

"Oh... I was tired. You're home early,"

"I don't have anything to do at the studio. Baby's still sleeping?"

"Hmmm... What time is it?"

"3:45. What time did baby slept?" Jiyong took off his cap.

"1 I guess. Ah.. I need to prepare dinner. What do you want for dinner?" Ae Riz got up from the bed. "Dad won't be home for dinner."

"Oh..." Jiyong smiled. "I'll make dinner,"

Ae Riz brows rose. "What did you just say?"

"I said I will make dinner. What? You don't trust your husband?"

Ae Riz froze. 'husband. He's assuming the role of a husband?' "Uh.... As far as I'm concern, I haven't got married yet." she raises her ring finger. "

 

 

"Kwon Jiyong! Did you buy clothes for Soo Jin again?" Ae Riz scolded Jiyong as soon as he stepped in the house. His hands were full of shopping bags. Again.

"Uh..... No.. No..." He started to get flustered. "Young Bae bought those."

"Sol, did you really buy those clothes for my daughter?" Ae Riz was on the phone glaring at Jiyong.
"Uh... Hyo Rin did. She said it's cute for Soo Jin."

"All of those that Jiyong brought home?"

"Uh.... I'm not sure."

"Thanks Sol," Ae Riz hang up and faced Jiyong. "Stop buying clothes for your daughter. She will outgrow those."

"But. I..."

"Alright. Soo Jin's laundry basket is full." She crossed her arms across her chest.

"Hmmm... Okay. Let me change first." Jiyong walked passed her as fast as he could. He came back in shirt and shorts. "Is my little girl still sleeping?"

"She'll be up in an hour so you better finish the laundry coz she will be fuzzy when she wakes up."

Jiyong had been doing the household chores since they arrived from the hospital. From laundry to taking care of the baby. Ae Riz insisted on not getting a nanny because she wanted to take care of her own daughter. Jiyong's mother had been with them for the first month guiding and teaching Jiyong how to do things. It had been hard for Jiyong but the thought of leaving Ae Riz alone with the baby and doing the chores pushed him to do his best. He learned to cook, hand wash his daughter's clothes. Bath her daughter. All the thing he never dreamt of doing, he just did.

Ae Riz was in the kitchen when Jiyong walked in from doing the laundry. "Ya... Ya!!!" he was shouting and running towards her. "You're not supposed to do anything. Your wounds haven't h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter