part 8

꽃길 / gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're leaving earlier today?" Sojung freezes at the voice of the lady owner of the home. 

"Ne, sangmu-nim, I'm done with my job," she courteously says, "Is that okay?"

"Ah of course," the middle-aged woman flashes a warm smile, "Thank you for the hard work," she adds. 

Sojung can only smile and bow, before taking her leave. She releases a sigh, not knowing if she is ready to face the consequences of her decision. 

Before she steps out of the house, a random idea that pops out in her head suggests for her to turn back around for a question. "Sangmu-nim, do you happen to have any friends who are in need of housekeepers too?"

The woman looks stunned. Wide-eyed, she shakes her head and says, "Not that I know of, but I can inform you if there are any," she pauses, "You have a friend who wants to do such things?"

"Ah, no," Sojung shakes her head, "I was just looking for more jobs..." she mumbles, looking down. 

"Ah, you're a pretty good housekeeper for a young one like you... And you cook well too," the woman is widely smiling at her, "You need more money?"

Sojung is stumped by her question, unable to think of a plausible answer. 

"That's a yes, right?" the woman laughs a little, and Sojung does not know whether to be offended or not. "Should I raise your pay? Do you want to stay here?"

"What? No, it's alright," Sojung immediately rejects the generous offer. 

"You don't have to be shy, we have enough rooms for you," the woman is persistent. 

"I'm living with my family," Sojung explains sheepishly. But by family she means Eunbi, and most possibly a second Eunbi as well. 

"Ah, I see," the woman nods her head and ponders even more while tapping a finger on her chin. "Shall I pay your rent for you? You're living in a rented place are you?"

Sojung blinks. Something in her tells her to be selfish and accept the offer, but Sojung knows better to do that. 

Amidst her dilemma, the woman smiles and says, "I'll do that," she then repeats herself firmly once more, "I'll pay your rent. Deal!"

"W-What..." Sojung is at a loss for words. 

"Just thank me, you don't have to do anything more," the woman waves a hand at her and simply answers. 

Sojung feels guilty. She cooks, cleans, babysits for two families every day on the weekdays, both of whic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter