part 4

꽃길 / gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Four years later)

"Annyeonghaseyo," Sojung greets the policeman with a smile, recognising the face from seven years ago.

The policeman freezes for a moment, until he realises who is the girl that is talking to her.

"Unnie, who is this person?" Jung Eunbi pulls onto the hem of Sojung's shirt as she shyly asks. "Policeman?"

"This policeman did you great help seven years ago," Sojung smiles as she answers the child.

"Ah, so this is Jung Eunbi!" the policeman brightly states. "Just look at how old you are now," he chuckles, amazed, "You did such a great job."

Sojung courteously denies with a laughter and shakes her head. "She'll be going to school very soon, and since I can now legally adopt her I was wondering if I could get things done quickly."

"Okay, let's get everything settled," the policeman sits down at his desk and begins to type away on his computer.

 

"Eunbi, let's pack your bag, you have to be at school in half an hour," Sojung calls out. Eunbi excitedly runs to the doorstep where Sojung is and, along with Sojung, arranges her books, stationery, water bottle and all other necessities in her schoolbag.

She then neatly puts on her socks and shoes, before carrying the schoolbag that Sojung holds up for her and running out of the house cheerfully.

She jumps around the yard outside the rooftop house* while waiting for Sojung who is looking up the house.

"Unnie, we have to hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter