It's like they're cleaning my soul.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I opened my eyes, they met a pair of chocolate-brown eyes. They belonged to a woman with slightly tanned skin. I sat up without saying a word or taking my eyes off her. Her hair, as brown as her eyes, was slightly wavy and it reached the middle her back. She was wearing a simple white blouse, a pair of tight black jeans and a pair of black high heels. A dark blue blazer was lying across her lap and she had a branded bag in her hand. She had a simple beauty, but she looked like a model on a magazine cover. She couldn't be compared to Gisele and suddenly I remembered what had happened. I looked at the floor, looking for pieces of paper, but the floor was clean. I remembered that my father had been here with me, but that was impossible. He had never ever visited me since he had left me here.

"Hello. I'm Hanna." The woman introduced herself politely, still smiling. I'd never seen her in my life and I was sure she didn't work here. Otherwise she'd be wearing a white smock like the doctors or a baby blue uniform like the nurses or a formal outfit like the psychologists. However, she was dressed like someone from the outside.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and looked at her suspiciously. I didn't want to be rude, but I didn't trust strangers.

"We  have come to visit you!" she replied. We?

"Why? I don't even know you!" I said, lying back on my bed.

"I came here to introduce myself. I'm your father's new girlfriend!" she said and looked at me, waiting for my reaction.

My father's new girlfriend! So Gisele was telling the truth, but why had she come to see me?

"My father's new girlfriend." I repeated, looking at Hanna. She wasn't looking at me with pity or contempt, but in a way I couldn't explain. Maybe affection? No one but my father or Annick had ever looked at me like that. And them too, of course!

"I see you've introduced yourselves as I can see." My father entered the room.

He had really been here! It wasn't my imagination!

He had changed. He was taller and his eyes were bluer than ever. His muscles were definied by the black t-shirt he was wearing. In the old days, his golden blond hair had been down to his shoulders. Now he had a new modern haircut.

"Yes, dear. She's just like you said." Hanna approached him and kissed him.

"DAD!" I yelled, standing up. I ran towards him and hugged him as tightly as I could.

"I've missed you so much, Mina." He hugged me back.

I had missed his German accent!

I knew he'd expected me to hate him for leaving me here, but I couldn't. Despite everything I'd been through here, it was him who'd educated me. He could have abandoned me after my mother's death, but he didn't. I'd be eternally grateful.

"It has been so long since I last saw you, Dad. You can't imagine how much I missed you." I said happily.

"Forgive me, Mina. I let myself be seduced and tricked by Gisele. You didn't deserve to be locked up here. I'm so sorry. I hadn't dared to visit you because I was afraid you would look at me with hatred. I guess I was wrong!" He smiled.

"I would never hate you, Dad. You are my idol and a fan never hates her idol." He laughed and I couldn't help but smile. Then I remembered that Hanna was there. "She said she is her girlfriend!" I pointed at Hanna, who was looking at us with a small smile on her lips.

"It's true. She is my girlfriend and my futrur wife." I glanced at her hand where I found a simple goldring with a gemstone.

"Are you getting married again?" I asked, incredulous. I thought he would wait a while before venturing into love after his love story with Gisele.

"Yes. The wedding is next month."

"Hanna is pregnant then?" That was the only reason thet had come through my mind to justify their marriage.

"No!" Hanna laughed. "Annick and you are going to be our bridesmaids!" She explained, still laughing.

She was very different from Gisele. She was joyful and looked at my father with tenderness and affection. Unlike Gisele, who had looked at him with pure interest.

"I would like to be on such an important day." Hanna and my father looked strangely at each other. As if I had just said something wrong. "Am I going to the wedding?" I asked, hesitant.

"You're coming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter