It must be hard.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Mina, calm down.' Rose said.

'You're asking the impossible, Rose.' I could feel my heart beating hard against my chest and I was sure that Yoongi, who was making our order, too.

'It's Yoongi, Mina. He won't force you to speak.' She tried to calm me.

'You don't understand, Rose. Of course, I know that he won't force, but it is the questions he'll make what scares me. I won't know how to answer them and I'll have to relive our story in order to answer them properly. You know very well that our story has more downs than ups. And he'll for sure...'

"You don't need to be nervous. I'm sure that every vampire in the area can hear your heartbeat." He joked in order to ease the tension.

"I can't help it," I admitted. "You can ask me what you want. I'll be totally honest with you." I said.

"I know." He smiled and my heart started beating even faster.

"Let's start with the obvious. How did we meet?"

"We met for the first time almost two years ago in January. Every year the clinic let those patients whose illness isn't too severe go to the theatre in order to have at least once a year contact with the outside world. I was waiting for the bus which would take me back to the hospital with the others and the nurses who accompanied us. It was the first time in years that I was out of the clinic, thus I was watching everything speechless. I couldn’t believe that the city has changed in such a short amount of time. A strange sound caught my attention and I let my curiosity guide me. Quietly I parted from the group and followed those strange sounds which were coming from a dark alley. At that time I didn't know what it was. When I came near enough, I saw two men fighting and the speed and elegance with which they were fighting had fascinated me instead of scaring me. I have always reacted differently of others in some situations. The smaller one managed to mobilize his opponent. Slowly I came a little closer and I saw that both men had sharp fangs in their mouths and blood red eyes. I became aware of the seriousness of the situation when the smaller man broke the other's neck with bare hands. I tried to run away, but the man had sensed my presence and he was in front of me in a matter of seconds. 'Have you seen anything?' He asked and I wanted to say no, but I nodded though I knew what would happen to me. Something about that man told me not to lie to him. He looked me in the eyes for a few seconds and went away. 'If you tell what you saw to someone, I'll come back.' Then he disappeared in the shadow. That man was you, Yoongi."

"You saw me killing a man?" I nodded. "I just remember killing the man but not meeting you. If I left, then how did we end up living together?"

"You saved me from the hospital which was on fire." I lowered my eyes because I couldn't say the next words while looking in his eyes. "Once I asked you why you saved me and your answer was that I remind you of someone special."

"Rose." He whispered her name and I found a slight tone of sadness in his voice. "Do you know about our story?"

"Yes. You told me when I thought that you were with me just because of her."

"What did I say?" He asked and I remained silent. "Please, Mina I need to know what I said. It is important to me." I lifted my head and our eyes met. It was the same look he had given me back then. It was as if we had gone back to that room and I had been trying to understand why he couldn't love me. "I know it must be hard. I really know. I might not know our story, but my inner vampire recognizes you and that hurts me. It feels so unfair that he can remember the feeling we had shared and not me. I admit that at the very beginning I saw you as Rose, but it didn't last long. You had a unique glow in your eyes that Rose didn't have. A glow which shows a mix of fragility and strength. However, the fragility has been growing and I don't want that. You look identical to Rose, but you're much better than her. I won't lie to you. She was my first love and I'll never forget her, but the love I'm starting to feel for you is much more special. I don't know how to explain it. I just need to know if I'm starting to fall for the feeling my inner vampire has for you or for your charms." I looked away and I felt my cheeks getting warmer.

"I know she's your first love and I respect it. You used other words, but you actually said the same. Your love for Rose is different from the love you feel for me." I took a deep breath and I looked into his eyes. "There was a time I thought you were with me because of her, but then something happened and I understood that you loved me for who I am." He stood up and he sat on the chair next to me.

"Here's your order." We thanked the waiter and we waited until he was gone.

"Could you tell me what happened?" He asked softly and I couldn't stop looking at him.

'He loves you, Mina. He just doesn't know it yet.' Rose assured me and I nodded to both.

'I know, but I have to keep in mind that it will take time for us be close again.'

"Your brother discovered my existence and he tried to claim me as his," I whispered and I cringed when Yoongi broke the glass with orange juice.

"Are you okay?" A woman asked, but Yoongi didn't even bother to look away.

"He tried to do what?" Yoongi growled fu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter