I'm sorry

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You can sign up in two extracurricular classes at most.” The secretary explained to me. “You can just enter the clubs you chose after Christmas holiday.” She gave me a sheet of paper with the options I had. The classes had ended a few minutes ago and I had had to come get that sheet because it was obligatory in this school to belong to a club.

 

“Thank you.” I looked at the clock hanging on the wall and I stuck the sheet inside my bag quickly. In a few minutes my bus would be there and I’d miss it if I didn’t do fast. I was in the tl had to go six pairs of stairs down. I got the stairs down running carefully as not to trip. I was to go through the entrance door, but Yifan and his friends appeared out of nowhere and I managed to stop running before I would have bumped into him.

“Do you need something?” I asked hurriedly.

“Don’t think that just because you won me that …” As soon as I understood the way this conversation was going to take, I passed through them and left them talking alone. I didn’t have time to waste with a boy’s hurt ego. As I had passed through the entrance door, I slowed down a bit and stared at Yoongi. He was leaned against the car hood waiting for somebody. I blinked once and Ara was next to him hugging him. During the hug, he didn’t take his eyes off me and I knew he was trying to read my mind. He frowned a little as he realised that I was blocking him and so did Ara when she tried it too. I saw my bus appeared from a curve and started running again. Yoongi grabbed my hand when I passed by him and thousands of electric currents went through my body

“Mina.” He whispered my name softly. I turned around slowly and our eyes met again. He was begging through his gaze for me to stay and talk to him. My heart wanted to stay and be comforted by him, but my brain was telling me to run away. To run away because being with him would bring more pain to me. I really wanted to follow my heart, but this time my brain was right. I was already dealing with my confused emotions and I wouldn’t probably bear more pain. I knew a lot of memories would popped up in my head and the nostalgia would turn into pain at some time.

‘I’m sorry.’ I thought before pulling my hand and run to the bus stop. The bus driver who was about to go his way let me get in and closed the door behind me.I sat next to the window, so I could look at Yoongi one last time. I muttered a mute I’m sorry to him before he would disappeared out of my field of vision.

‘Rose!’ I called her, already feeling the tears in my eyes. ‘I need you.’

‘I’m here. Hold on until we get home.’ She asked and tried. I really tried, but the tears were already falling down my cheeks when I got out of the bus. I ran home and went directly to Annie’s room without greeting Yerin back. I got scared when I found Lina in the room with Yoongi’s teddy bear in her hands. I walked quickly towards her and I ripped it out of her hands. I stepped back with the bear pressed against my chest and I stared blankly at Lina who got surprised by my abrupt gesture.

“Hello, Mina.” I didn’t even try to hide my tears. I didn’t answered and I just kept on staring at her. She was one of the people I least wanted to see. I wasn’t in mood to have a therapy session which would be useless for both us. I wouldn’t feel better and she wouldn’t get any important information

 

“Why are you crying?” I made another question to which she had no answer again.  Why would I want to talk to a person I consider my enemy? I just wanted to stay away from her and her analytical gaze as much as possible. “We don’t need to talk about your problem right now, Mina. I know that it’s not easy to trust people with your condition.”

‘She’s talking as if you’re sick or something like that.’ Rose said and I knew she was frowning.

‘Do you understand now why I don’t like her?’

 

“I have been waiting for your call so that we can fix an appointment, but you never called.” She stood up. She had just done that because she would be taller than me that way and she would feel superior. It was always like that with all my previous psychologists.

“I was busy with school.” I said simply.

“How have you been these day?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter