Try at least.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was watching the raindrops exploding as soon as they touched the glass. The sound of the rain outside was calming and calm was everything I needed right now. I was glad to be sitting alone in the last raw of the bus because I didn’t to deal with people. I would ignore them anyway, but it was easy to think without someone next to me.

‘I can't believe you asked Yerin to take Vicky to school.’ Rose complained.

‘It’s better for her to be with someone who will listen to her talking. I’m not in mood today.’ She huffed. I had ignored her the entire weekend just like I’d done with Yerin and Vicky. Both had knocked every hour on the door to know if I’d been fine. I would have coughed for them to know that I was alive. For hours I had been crying silently in the room. I had been able to think properly and to make the pain more bearable. It was just because of it that I was going to school otherwise I wouldn’t have gone out of the room.

 

‘It’s our stop.’ Rose said and I got out quickly. The bus continued his route and I stared at the building in front of me where sleepy teenagers were entering. Some of them were going against their will and I was one of them.

‘Stop complaining. You’re the one who wanted to study.’

‘Are you in a bad mood or have you just decided to tease me?’ I asked her. She had been like that ever since I’d woken up.

‘Yes, I am. I’m angry with you because you kept me locked up in a corner of your mind while you were breaking down. I couldn’t even help you. I was so worried because I didn’t know what was going on on your mind.’ Rose blurted everything that was annoying her. I felt her relief when she said what she was thinking.


‘I just needed some time for myself. For me and my thoughts.’ I tried to apologize.
 

‘But that’s the problem, Mina. I don’t trust your mind. Especially when you’re disturbed by some reason I don’t know.’ Her face expression was calm even though her words were full of irritation. I didn’t answer because I knew she was right. If my thoughts weren’t very optimistic in a normal day, they reached high levels of pessimism in bad days. I put my hoodie on and tried to cover my face as much as my hair which was in a ponytail.

‘Don’t even try to complain.’ I said because I knew Rose was about to do it. Slowly I crossed the street and I passed the school gate. As soon as I put a foot in the school property, a shiver went down my spine and I lowered my head.

‘Lift your head right now!’ Rose ordered with authority, but I didn’t want to. I wasn’t ready to confront them. All the emotions I had felt at their house were still so present that it was impossible to ignore them. ‘Try at least.’ She asked softly and I sighed.


‘It’s easy for you to say that since you don’t know what happened.’ Memories I had been trying to forget popped up in my mind again when I saw them near the stairs. The six people I wanted to avoid the most. I looked at them out of the corner of my eyes as I passed by them and my mind went crazy. I fastened my pace and breathed in several times to calm my mind down. I stopped in front of my locker and closed my eyes in order to take those images out of my head. I let out a small cry when someone touched my shoulder and I looked scared at Mark.

“It’s just me.” He smiled.

“What do you want?” I asked without smiling back.

“I just want to tell you that your class and my class are going to have P.E together.” He didn’t seem to bother the tone of my voice. I didn’t ask about the change and grabbed my P.E stuff in my locker. Mark was talking about a party he’d gone in the weekend and about a girl he’d made out with. I just listened to him and nodded when he would have ask me something. We parted when we had to enter our respective balneary. Against my will, I put on the sport uniform.

‘I think the uniform it’s not that ugly.’

‘I didn’t say it was ugly. It’s just that I would prefer to dress something more comfortable to do sports.’ I explained. The other girls were putting it on without any problem. I did my ponytail again and got out. The boys looked at me from head to toe, but didn’t say anything because of Jungkook’s gaze. I knew Jungkook’s protective side was .

“Always the girls.” The teacher complained as he saw that half of the class wasn’t there.

“Mina is already here.” One of the boys said and the teacher looked at me.

“At least one respects the schedule.”

Five minutes later, the class was complete and we followed the teacher to the outside.

 

“Are we going to have class outside?” A girl asked and as answered the teacher smiled.


Mark’s class was already there and Jungkook went directly towards Jimin who smiled.


‘At least you can stay at a reasonable distance from them.’ Rose said to try to cheer me up even though she wanted me to be next to them.

‘Thank you, Rose. I know you want me to be with them because they have a good influence on me.’ I smiled a bit.

“Girls?” The other teacher asked as if it was normal that the girls were the reason for delay.

“KIDS!” My teacher shouted to catch everyone's atten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter