You know me so well.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I knew it was still dark before I’d opened my eyes. It had the feeling that my body had been hit by a five-ton truck. I felt a huge pain in my face as if someone had slapped me several times. By the way I was covered, I could swear someone had covered me carefully so that I wouldn’t feel cold. I inhaled deeply and a non-blanket scent invaded my nostrils. Memories of last night invaded my mind and I uncovered myself immediately. I stood up and didn’t mind being barefoot on the cold floor. I looked out the window that had a view to the vast wood and my face was illuminated by the rays of the moon. I looked around and my heart failed a beat to the confirmation that I was alone. Careful not to bump into anything, I walked to the door and opened it. I took a step and looked both ways down the hall.

 

Nothing!

 

I was really alone. Monica's snorts were nowhere to be heard and Vicky would never sleep alone knowing that it's just the two of us at home. I descended the stairs slowly and went into each room to see if anyone was there, but again I found no one. With a lump in my throat, I went upstairs with the same slowness as I went them down and went back to Annick's room. I crawled into bed and tried to cover myself as before, but I couldn’t. I closed my eyes and felt a solitary tear slip away, but I cleaned it immediately.

 

No more crying!

 

But one more tears escaped and this time I didn’t clean it. I opened my eyes because of the feeling of being watched and looked around, but there was no one. I closed my eyes again to try to sleep. My body was still tired, but my mind didn’t want to rest. I shivered as I felt a hand on my cheek, but I kept my eyes closed because the physical fatigue was too great. In a way, the touch soothed my confused mind that was still processing today’s events. I felt as I slowly fell into a deep sleep.

 

"I know it's you, Yoongi." I said in a yawn.

 

"She just ran away from me as if she was scared of me!"

 

"Fear?" The phrase, which came out of Hoseok's mouth, was a mixture of question with affirmation.

 

“Pure fear! You can even call it panic or terror! Her eyes only showed pure fear of something! Already in the middle of the nightmare she was screaming, but everything worsened when she woke up. She seemed to be in shock!" Yoongi tried to explain, but he didn’t even know what had been going through my head. They were all gathered in the living room.

 

"Did you get her to tell you what happened?" Namjoon asked.

 

“She would either scream or cry. I couldn’t get anything out of her. And even if I wanted to, I rather calm her down.”

 

"I'm worried about her." Ara was staring  the white wall. "I'm really worried. Have you seen how she was when she’d left that room? She seemed to have seen her greatest fear and even though I had only met her today, her crying left me in agony." She leaned her head on Hoseok's shoulder after having finished talking. I was sitting in front of them on the floor. I didn’t know what to think or what to do! My head looked like a zoo because of the huge mess.

 

"Did you leave her alone?" The question came from Jimin who was serious.

 

“I was supposed to be with her now, but the lady who lives with her came and I had to leave. I don’t know how, but she always showed up where I was and I almost always got caught.” Yoongi said in frustration.

 

“Let’s wait until tomorrow and see how she is when we’ll take Victoria home!" When Jungkook finished his sentence, a light that came out of nowhere blinded me and I had to close my eyes.

 

"Wake up, Mina!" The blankets disappeared and some insults came out of my mouth, but low enough so Yerin wouldn’t hear it. I opened my eyes and found her putting some clothes in Annick's closet. I sat up and looked around hoping to find something. “Stop daydreaming, Mina! You slept the whole day yesterday and I only let you do it because you left a note saying that you weren’t feeling well. But today you are going to get out of bed.” Note? I must have been Yoongi who had left it.

 

At the thought of him, a knot appeared in my throat and I had to suppress the tears that appeared in my eyes. I shivered when my feet touched the icy ground. I tried to get up, but my legs faltered and Yerin saw it. Quickly she came and helped me up.

 

"I bet you didn't eat yesterday. Come on. I made some soup and it's still hot." She helped me walk, and when we got to the kitchen, I sat in a chair. Ten minutes later, I had a plate of soup in front of me and I began to eat. When I finished, I put my dish in the sink and went into the living room to watch TV. Someone rang the be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter