DEAN

LOVE

Dean woke up with Jooyoung on his mind. He sighed as he pulled the covers off his head. “What is going on with him?” He said to himself as he rolled over to the other side of the bed. He reached under the pillow and grabbed his phone.

“Yah!”

“What do you want, I just woke up!” Zico exclaimed in a tone that sounded a bit hoarse.

“I have issues you jerk! Help me solve them!”

“Woah, woah, woah there friend. You are asking for a lot. You nor I have that kind of time on our hands but if you’d like I know a professional who could- “
 

“Cut the ! And listen to me! Damn it, why can’t we just talk to each other like normal ing friends? I swear this is it, I’m going friend shopping later. You .” Dean complained.

“Okay, okay. What do you have to say my dear friend?” Zico said as he blinked his eyes multiple times as if Dean was right in front of him.

He rolled his eyes, he figured this was the best he was going to get out of his jerk of a friend. “Jooyoung was acting weird last night. He seemed kind of jealous.

Zico was silent for a while. “Of course, he’s ing jealous. You told him you have a girlfriend, which is really ed up to them. You know you don’t like that girl and she really likes you.”

“Oh, please. She doesn’t like me she likes Dean; the singer. She’s just looking for a well-off guy to marry.”

“Okay, okay. Still that doesn’t mean you can play with her like this. She thinks you are her well off guy and poor Jooyoung thinks you’re in love with her. I can’t even imagine how he feels.”
 

“Shut up! I just want him to be honest and come to me and say Dean, I love you. I’m sorry for taking so long.” He then squealed at his own words as he covered his head with his pillow.

Zico made a gagging sound on the other end. “What world are you living in? Why would he say that? He’s not even the type.”

“Alright, calm down. I was having a moment okay?”

“Can I ask you something? Seriously now.”

“What?”

“Why don’t you just tell Jooyoung you like him?”

Dean let out a deep sigh on the other end. “Because guys are complicated. Also, I’m still holding a grudge. He sat quietly the entire time Hyoseob and I dated and he was into me the whole time. If he would have said something I wouldn’t have had my heart broken! We dated for six months! That means for sixth months he just let me be blindly in love with that jerk who couldn’t get over his ex! Can you believe he left me?”

Zico chuckled. “You are so childish and crazy. I honestly cannot believe you. So, you are blaming Jooyoung for your failed relationship with Hyoseob? How crazy is that? How can you blame Jooyoung for your own greed? I told you to leave Hyoseob alone. But noooo, you kept bothering him and hanging out. The pitiful thing thought he really did love you. And you, like the selfish little you are swept in one night when he and Haesol had a bad argument and got hurt in the end. You can’t keep playing with people like this. If you get hurt again I’m not going to comfort you one bit.”

Dean just listened and said “Uhm-hmm” occasionally.

He knew everything Zico was saying was true but he couldn’t help it. Since he was a child anything he wanted he got. Whether he worked hard to achieve it or not. He was just that type of person. Which may be why he took his and Hyoseob’s break up so hard. He really did love him and he knew Hyoseob loved him a lot too but honestly their relationship was more like best friends with benefits while Haesol and Hyoseob were like an old married couple. They just knew each other and they fit well together. Only now can Dean admit he was wrong in the way he forced his way in between the couple.

 

“You know what, you might be right.”

“Might be? I’m always right.”

“Well, I’m hanging up now.”

“That is so like you. Use me for my wisdom then when I’m no longer needed you just cast me aside! Zico pretended to sob on the other line.

“Oh, shut up. I’ll see you later.”

“Later.”

Dean hung up and prepared to see Hyojin. An hour and fifteen minutes later he was in front of her door. He knocked a few times and waited.

“Who is it?” She exclaimed from the other side of the door.

He was going to answer but she was already at the door with her long black hair piled up into a messy bun at the very top of her head. Her eyes widened as she looked up.

“Oh, Oppa? What are you doing here so early? Is something wrong?”

He stood there fidgeting with his hands for a few seconds, “Can I come in?”

“Oh, sure!” She said hurriedly moving out of the way of the doorframe.

Dean walked in and took a seat on the edge of her wide sectional. He took in a deep breath and rubbed his hands together. She walked over and sat beside him. He turned to look at her.

“Okay, I know this may come as a shock to you, but I’m not fully committed to this relationship.”

Hyojin blinked her eyes several times before replying,” What?”

“I was using you to try to get over someone else and I know that’s extremely selfish of me but I didn’t know how to get that person off my mind and then you showed up and I’m sorry.”

“So, are you breaking up with me? Because it’s okay sweetie. We don’t have to break up, I’ll give you time to get over her. Just don’t break up with me.” Hyojin said in a mournful tone.

“I know how you feel Hyojin but I can’t do this any longer. I’m sorry, believe me I am. But this is over.” Dean patted her shoulder as he got up and walked toward the door. “Oh, by the way. The person I’m in love with is not a girl.”

She scoffed before the door shut behind him. She knew who it was and she knew he didn’t love her. She just thought that they would already be married before he figured it out.