VIII. The Calm

The Cupid Tragedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And we’re done!” The lead photographer cried out, taking a step away from the camera as soon as he took the final shot. The models in the final shoot broke out of their statue forms and starting bowing and thanking everyone around them. Except Wooseok. That guy was the quickest to get out of the spotlight. He had already started taking off the layers of clothes and accessories they had put on him but it came with great difficulty because of the unconventionally designed garments.
“Whoa, slow down. This isn’t a strip show.” Shinwon remarked as he pulled up beside Wooseok. Unlike his impatient friend, Shinwon took his sweet time undoing the buttons of his shirt. Wooseok continued to struggle out of his clothes, getting increasingly agitated.
“These clothes cost thousands, you know? You should be feeling stoked you get the chance to even wear them for even a few seconds.”
“Thousands!?” Wooseok held up his sleeves which reached up to his knees, “For such ugly and useless clothing?” He was definitely angry. There were a million other things he would rather spend thousands on - games, comics...more games. Hyuna had been watching them from the other side of the room and started walking over. She was already plotting ways to get Wooseok to do some more modelling. The job seemed like a mismatch for someone as lame as Wooseok but he was a born natural which he probably didn’t even realise.
“It’s called fashion.” Hyuna interrupted them, “You did a good job, you nerd. The photographer was really impressed and kept asking where I found you.” She playfully shoved Wooseok’s shoulder to get a reaction out of him and the best she could get as a glowing glare.
“Well, did you tell him I was harassed into doing this?” Wooseok hid his bare chest with his arm and shoved a shirt into Hyuna’s arms before angrily grabbing his school uniform off the rack. Shinwon and Hyuna shared a look of amusement and watched him as he stormed off whilst putting on his clothes in a fantastically clumsy and messy fashion.
“I wonder if we should tell him he still has the makeup on.” Shinwon smirked as he casually took his shirt off. Not that it was his business anymore.
Hyuna let out a long sigh and then nervously bit her nail, “What should I do? I already promised the photographer I’d get him back in for another shoot…”
Shinwon let out a laugh from pure shock, “Are you serious? That would require a miracle.” He knew there was no way Wooseok would willingly come back for another modelling gig.
“It’s time to make miracles happen then.” Hyuna grinned, “You did well as usual Shinwon. Just don’t be late next time or I’ll really kill you. What happened to Yan An?”
“That person is dead to me.”
“Well, tell the dead he better give me a call later. Now put some clothes on before you get a cold.”

~

It wasn’t hard for Kino to spot Wooseok in the distance, a walking tree with a hunched back. His body gravitated towards his friend in the form of a light jog.
“Wooseok!” Kino’s excitement quickly wore off when he realised Wooseok was hiding his face and rubbing his eyes with his fingers. He hadn’t realised how quickly his heart could sink at the mere thought of Wooseok crying. The last time Kino could remembering Wooseok cry was back when they were in elementary school and he had gotten his gameboy confiscated for playing during class.
“Wooseok! What’s wrong!?”  After he persistently tugged at Wooseok’s sleeve, Kino was somewhat relieved to see that his friend was not actually crying. Wooseok reluctantly lowered his arm to reveal the extravagant eye makeup he had on which unfortunately involved a lot of very fine glitter. He also had perfectly styled and swept back hair which was a lot different from the usual mess of a bird’s nest he sported. Kino was tongue-tied at first, half because he was confused as to what was going on, half because Wooseok looked so damn fine that it was too much of a shock.
“Why do have so much - ”
Wooseok brushed Kino’s arm off and hid his entire face behind with his huge hands. With a muffled voice, he pitifully said “That’s not important. Just help me get it off. I’ve been trying to get it off with water but it’s not working.”
“Water isn’t going to do anything, stupid.” Kino chuckled at his clueless friend and dragged him along.

The two sat down on a bench outside of the shop they bought makeup wipes from and Kino couldn’t help but ogle from the side as Wooseok wiped the makeup and glitter off of his face. Is this real? He looks so cool with his hair like this...
“Is it all off now?” Wooseok turned to Kino, showing all angles of his face.
“Um…” Kino reluctantly leaned forward to examine Wooseok’s face, “yeah, I think so.” He quickly moved back to his own space on the bench, noticing that his hands were getting sweaty from being so nervous all of a sudden. Not sure if this is a blessing or a curse right now...
“Soooo, are you going to tell me or not?”
“Tell you what?” Wooseok said whilst patting his wet fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter