X. The Clueless

The Cupid Tragedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinho paced back and forth in front of the station, regretting his decision to accept Hongseok's absurd condition a few nights ago. A cupid going on a date? With a human? It was unheard of! As a seasoned cupid, Jinho had watched over hundreds of dates and yet this would be his first time ever going on one...if it can even be considered one. This is a terrible terrible idea... But it had to happen. It was a small price to pay at the risk of not being able to get closer to Kino because of a misunderstanding. Kino was Jinho's case to resolve, absolutely no one else's.

A pair of hands grabbed Jinho's shoulders from behind which startled him right back into his senses. The person who he had been fearing greeted him with a comforting smile. 
"A bit too tense, aren't we?" Hongseok chuckled at Jinho's face of despair.
"Hongseok, you're here." 
"Of course I'm here. I asked you out, didn't I?" The tall one leaned forward to match with the cupid's height, "On a date." An amused smirk crept across Hongseok's face and he promptly straightened back up and ruffled Jinho's hair. He could get used to this, teasing Jinho. 
Ah, yes..I'm here on...a date... Jinho had become increasingly suspicious of Hongseok and his intentions. A new side of Hongseok was starting to come to light now that he had something on Jinho. Whether or not Jinho could trust Hongseok was still up in the air. There was not much time for doubting however as Hongseok already began leading the way, "Let's go before we're late." 
"Late? Where are we going?"
"That's a surprise."
Surprise? The cupid confidently smiled to himself, feeling self-assured. Calm down, Jinho, he is a young human after all...this date will be predictable with no surprises.

Or at least that's what he thought. When Jinho realised they were walking past the shopping centre, he reached out to grab onto Hongseok's coat, "Isn't the cinema that way?"
"It is...why? Did you want to go see a movie?" Hongseok tilted his head, wondering if he had ever mentioned going to the cinema to Jinho.
"Oh, I just thought..." Jinho was tongue-tied, feeling his cheeks growing warm. He was so certain that it was going to be a typical movie and dinner date. 
"I've never been too fond of movie dates to be honest. You spend 2 hours in complete darkness and you can't even see or talk to your date," Hongseok smiled, "and personally, I want to see as much of you as I can."
Despite being on guard, the human's devilish charm was still able to make Jinho flustered. If Jinho was going to be on the receiving end of such cheesy lines the whole day, he was going to be in trouble. Where are we going then? An amusement park? The zoo? Aquarium? They continued walking for another block until Hongseok abruptly stopped in front of a small shop, causing the clueless Jinho to crash into his back.
"Looks like we're here just on time." 
Curious, Jinho observed what was happening inside and then looked back at Hongseok whose eyes seemed to shine with excitement. Are...are you serious!?

~

Kino spotted Wooseok coming out of the entrance of the station and waved his hand in the air, "Wooseok! Over here!" As he watched Wooseok walk over, Kino couldn't shake off the image of him with styled back hair from the other day, his glorious forehead and piercing eyes in full view. He had asked Wooseok to go shopping with him since it was the weekend but it felt like an empty invite for Kino. Casually hanging out as friends was one thing but was he okay with it being that way forever? The thoughts continued to brew inside Kino's mind who could only accept things as they were at present due to fear.
"Sorry, I'm late." Wooseok said as he approached Kino. Although he was in his usual getup of jeans, a worn out hoodie and a pair of Vans, it was still enough to cause a stir within Kino. Well, Wooseok could probably get away with wearing just a trash bag and Kino would still think he was the most beautiful person on Earth.
"That's alright, I only just got here." Kino beamed, "Let's go!"

The two headed for the centre of the shopping district where large crowds gathered. It was a lively atmosphere with the sound of buskers and people chatting and laughing filling up the air. They stopped by a few different clothing stores because Kino was in search of some new clothes. He had always secretly harboured a wish to buy something matching with Wooseok but would never force it on the guy. Wooseok's style basically consisted of staple pieces and merchandise from his favourite anime and video games which was vastly different from Kino's fashionable street style. They exited a large department store and walked down the main road, hoping to stop by a cafe soon to rest. Wooseok glanced over at Kino who was silently walking along, holding onto his shopping bags. Over the last couple of weeks, he had noticed Kino had been less lively than usual. He was more often than not wearing an expression as if something was troubling him deeply which would quickly disappear in front of others, even Wooseok himself. 
"Hey, is everything alright?" Wooseok asked, feeling a bit awkward about the mood. The question was so sudden that Kino could only manage a quiet laugh.
"That's such a weird thing for you to ask. Everything's alright...why?"
There it is, that forced smile. He had always seen Kino as a person who shined brightly compared to his rather gloomy self. He often wondered why Kino was still by his side despite being so well-liked by others and always came to the same conclusion - that Kino was just a genuinely kind person, a life-long friend. If something was bothering Kino, he wanted to know because he cared deeply for his best friend even if he wasn't the best at expressing himself.
"I don't know, you seem distracted lately, like something is bothering you. And you also left all of a sudden when we were going to the arcade the other day without saying much." The words drifted away from Wooseok who didn't know what else to say. He cursed himself internally for being so awkward when it came to talking about these things. Kino nervously chuckled, stunned by how transparent he had come across to Wooseok. It really shouldn't have come as a surprise though. He would be able to tell if something was even slightly troubling Wooseok so it made sense that Wooseok was just as capable of doing so. Ah, what should I say...? Kino looked at the ground as he slowed down his steps. It's not like I can just tell him...how I really feel... Kino knew there was never going to be a perfect time to say what he had internalised for years. The growing silence was starting to get unbearable so he decided to take a deep breath to calm his nerves down.
"Wooseok, I - "
"Hold on." Wooseok abruptly grabbed onto Kino's hand and pulled him along through the large crowd. Kino just kept quiet and followed Wooseok's lead from behind. Even though he knew it wouldn't last long, he squeezed onto Wooseok's hand, thinking about how nice it was to be holding it even for a second. If only he could hold on forever.

Once they reached a more spacious area, away from the crowds, Wooseok naturally let go of Kino's hand, "Sorry, I just thought it'd be easier if I navigated us through the big crowd first."
"Good thinking." Kino smiled albeit bitterly. The courage to confess had been drained from him in an instant and there was no way he could say anything now.
"Anyway, if there's anything bothering you, feel free to talk to me." Wooseok shyly looked away, "I mean, I know I'm probably not the best person because I'm awful with this stuff but I'm always happy to listen." 
Kino playfully whacked Wooseok on the back and went on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter