It Is Never Too Late To Fall In Love

Taeyong Imagines Requests

A noise had waken up Areum from a deep slumber. While fluttering her eyelids open, the girl noticed her best friend sitting besides her.

Tap, tap, tap.

The sound of her fingers clashing on the surface of the wooded table on the school's garden, where it laid all it secrets and most breath taking flowers. Her eyes felt empty and moved when for the third time of the year. Lee Taeyong had entered in the building, they feared him and didn't dared to say his real name because himself, Taeyong. Didn't liked the sound of his name on someone's tongue. She stared and watched students pass by, wondering what would it felt if she said his name. wanted to utter those seven letters who will left a permanent mark on his heart but Areum didn't had the guts to do so. She nibbled on her lower lip making it bleed for the first time. 

Her best friend was staring at him too, his elegant cat walk and long legs made him look fluid on his walk. She was jealous of him because not only he had a beautiful walk but also a beautiful face. His looks were unreal almost as he was art itself. 

Areum sighed eyeing him leave the building quietly without hearing the habitual noise heard habitually.
But as she was about to tear off her gaze from the elegant man across the building. His eyes met hers, never living her gaze his whole body span around. The girl wondered if he was staring at her or the tree behind her , she looked behind her making sure she wasn't blocking anything from his vision. But she finally understood that he was gazing at her when her phone buzzed. 

[ Unknown Number ] Look at me.

Mortified but indeed curious. She looked up but the male was none where to be seen, her best friend nudged her by the elbow earning a grin from Areum. 

" Have you ever talked to him?" She said softly , not wanting to brusque her. 

" I've never said something to him," the replied vaguely. Her best friend nodded while hearing the normal noise come back. 

" That's strange, he was looking at you like he knew you," She finally answered while eyeing Areum. She shrugged and wondered if it was really true. She was a plain girl with plain looks, nothing particular to look at. Her fair skin, dark purple eyes and black hair complimented her Asiatic strong features but still annoyed her about how lucky she will be if she was like Bae Suzy or Lisa. 

A week went by and Taeyong was nowhere to be seen. The sun settled down, Areum had finished her classes for the day. The weather was nice and the sun gave her warm. Her feet lead her towards the orphanage where she spend most of her time there because at home she was always alone so it was boring. 

She had crossed the pathway down the road, it was close to her school. A noise startled her, her eyes followed the ruckus who had been caused by someone. Fearless, she jogged to her right and feel down to an alley. Areum's eyes flew way opened when she perceived someone laid down on the cold floor. 

" Don't come closer," This someone's voice said. The curious girl furrowed her eyebrows and didn't followed what the man had said. She kept on walking towards where he laid is waste and insecurity on. When she reached him, she bend down to his height and looked at him. She noticed that he had been in a fight, he was pretty beaten up. Some blood flowed down his hands, Areum desired to help him even if she had the knowledge that he might be dangerous for her.

A part of her wanted to see his face, she dared to go for it. Looking up , the sun had made its way to the alley. Allowing some light to lighten the little avenue. A wave of surprise engulfed her when Areum gazed at the man who was on the floor. 

" Taeyong?" She spat thoughtless. Her hand flew to while her eyes widened quickly. The male didn't uttered a word, he knew what she was thinking. Rumors always did him wrong. 

" It's fine, I like it," Her head shot up and he almost chuckled when he saw that she looked so surprised and flabbergasted. 

" Wha-what?" She stuttered, Areum was startled by him. She didn't believed that he had spoke to her so gently. She cleared up and their eyes met. 

" Let's get you cleaned up," Areum abruptly muttered while being confused. Taeyong laughed , she was amusing and adorable. Her bag looked heavy , her arm hang low as she took glances towards the male who had made her flustered. 

Her bag was snatched away by Taeyong, her eyes looking at him worryingly while she trying to take it from him. He was beaten up everywhere and he still wanted to hold her bag for her. Finally she had given up when she noticed that no matter what, she couldn't reach her bag and no matter what she said Taeyong didn't listened. 

They reached her home, the silence was invading the whole house. Not for so long, Taeyong threw his sneakers out and put on a pair of slippers. Areum led Taeyong to the bathroom occasionally pecking over to check on Taeyong who was looking at her house seriously. Her home was quite big and luxurious, a feeling of emptiness had stayed on the house for years. 

" This way," The soft voice of Areum made him come back to reality. His eyes glued at her, he walked into the bathroom. She applied a few medical products on his few cuts and open wounds. When it was finished , Taeyong was staring at her thought-out the whole act. 

" Where were you going by the way?" He asked mildly. Areum was starting to get habituated of Taeyong's presence. She took a few glances at him while clasping the opened bottles.

" To the orphanage, I usually go there after school," He smiled and continued looking at her with the same surprised gaze. He acknowledged her since four months ago. Taeyong had been hypnotized by her rare eyes and god gracious personality. She was not like others, Areum was way more special and tickling.

" Can I go with you someday?" She shocked on her own saliva, not expecting this kind of question. 

" Of course, " The girl muttered under her breath. Taeyong had unconsciously opened a door to a brand new friendship between the two. 

Areum dragged Taeyong along the school's corridors. They has been the hot topic for about one month. Both had been extremely close to each other, to the point that Taeyong would wait for Areum till her classes finishes. He also showed up more to school and had leave the gangster life. 

But Taeyong never had the courage to confess his feelings to Areum. While kissing his cheek as a greeting, the two walked trough the empty hallways. A noise echoed.

" Wait up," A voice called. The girl span around with Taeyong as well.

" Luhan," She softly said. He smiled to the sound of his name, Taeyong glared at the dolled face like man and admired his well made features. 

" Can I talk to you for a second," He quickly replied earning a encouraging grin following by a shirt nod. Areum looked up at Taeyong who had a curious look plastered on his face.

" I will be back, " Taeyong nodded and waited a few minutes who felt like hours. Areum came back a moment later and was caught by Taeyong's look of worry. 

" So?" He asked suspiciously. 

" He confessed to me," The girl sighed obviously shook by Luhan's confession. Taeyong's hands gripped her shoulders, her stared at her convinced and hoping that she had rejected him. 

"I said no," A wave of relief crossed his features. He smiled but he noticed Areum's frown. 

" What's bothering you," He asked the girl. She shrugged and briefly looked at Taeyong. 

Areum wondered if her feelings will be rejected too like she had rejected Luhan's. Luhan was far from being unattractive personally and physically but she didn't had the spark and butterflies when she encountered him. Areum didn't had a feeling of homesickness when he wasn't around. She only had friendly feelings for him. Contrary to Lee Taeyong which she held personal feelings for him. She always admired him but her feeling overtook her when day by day , the girl found a Taeyong soft, unpredictable, caring and loving. 

But seeing how things with Luhan, she was afraid of the rejection but she will also be left with regrets if she wouldn't try it out at least once. 

She came back to reality when Taeyong shook her by the shoulders while calling her name out loud. 

" Areum , I have something to tell you too," Taeyong looked at her reaction. A look of surprise and insecurity made its way to her face. 
Areum immediately wondered if I was a good thing or bad thing or if she had done something wrong. While taking a deep breath, Taeyong gazed at the ground afraid of what her reaction will be. 

" I love you, I don't know if you feel the same but I wanted to let it go because it has been perturbing me for the whole week. You're beautiful, too beautiful that my time will be gladly wasted while only looking at you. Not only you're caring, but you're also someone which I am comfortable to speak to. You're outgoing, free in your opinions and you're simple. I absolutely don't regret to have been this day on the alley because it's how I found you, I don't regret once being beaten up just to have you by my side , taking care of me even if people said I was dangerous. But today I lost it when I heard you had so many guys who wanted you to be hers. You're too special to me that I can't let you go so easily without trying this out," He confessed, he was certainly feeling better with that being said. He had finished and without thinking, he held her cheeks and kissed her with all the love he had for her. Areum kissed him back, he had had the courage she hasn't had. Taeyong smiled trough the kiss when he realized that the girl he loved was kissing him back. She grinned and backed away while the kiss was getting torrid. The both parted away, her back resting on the wall and his hand making their way to envelop her into a hug. 

" I love you too," She whispered against his soft hair, tickling his sensitive neck on her way. Taeyong grinned and kissed her cheek, feeling at ease with her. Areum looked at him.

"So it means that you're mine ?" He chuckled, finding her cute with her rosy cheeks and swollen lips. 

" Yes it does," A few chuckles escaped her lips and he snuggled closer to her. 

Love as never felt so good. 

So this is the end of my first one shot ! Comment and don't forget to leave a suggestion if you have one for the next one shot !:) 

Bye loves