Hoya's side.

Patient #748

I stepped inside the glowing door and was automatically at the train station. I kept quiet, I didn’t mutter nor did I muffle a cry. This was it. I should be happy I even made it this far.

“Lee Howon.” I felt a hand on my shoulder, something I’ve grown accustomed to.

I turned around and saw the Man in Black; the man whose pity brought me back with Nayeon.

“Did you grant your wish?” he’d always ask.

For the past 60 months I’ve somehow got an excuse for this question. He would always just let it go and say,”Maybe next month” but deep down inside I knew he also wanted me to take my time; let me savor the moments I had with her. I turned to him and nodded, not a yes nor a small mutter, but simply a nod.

He smile and patted my shoulder,”You had a good one Howon.”

I nodded. I couldn’t speak, my voice refused to but I didn’t mind. It wasn’t as if I had anything to say anyway.

We walk down the train station, his hand was still resting on my shoulder. He let out a husky chuckle,“Do you remember your first time here?” he turned to me.

I nodded, why wouldn’t I?

Date: November 15, 2004 | After the accident

“NO!” I yelled and woke up immediately. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead, my glasses fogged up and I was breathing heavily. The room was bright, burning bright. I looked down at myself and noticed how dirty and ragged my clothes were. My knees were all ripped up and my body was a complete and utter mess. The weird part was, I didn’t feel any pain whatsoever.

I stood up and dusted off my dirty pants,”Hello?” I looked around the room that seemed to be endless. Everywhere was white and it stung my eyes.

“Haw haw haw!” I heard a deep and hearty chuckle from behind me.

I turned around and saw no one. “W-Who’s there?” I asked shaking. I was terrified, who wouldn’t be? “Mom? Dad?” I called out hoping for an answer of some sort, but of course got none. “Hojae hyung? Hyojin noona? Hyojun?” now I was petrified.

“Don’t be afraid, I’m here to help.”

I jumped and looked around and saw a man in black. He really out, especially since we were in this bright room.

“W-Who are you?” I asked him covering my eyes from the bright light.

He smiled and pat my back,”I am the Man in Black.” he said,”I’ve been watching you, Lee Howon.” he nodded his head,”It seems you have some unfinished business.”

“Unfi-finished business?” what was he talking about?

And as if he had read my mind he answered,”I am talking about your little confession to Ms. Moon.”

I stiffened. How does he know?

And again he let out that deep chuckle,”Howon, Howon, Howon. You are truly naive.” he strengthened out himself,”I am letting you do what you have to do; simply confess your love to Moon Nayeon and let her acknowledge your love.” he looked down at me,”A second chance.”

“A-A second chance?” I was speechless. “W-What do you--”

“Howon,” he stretched out his arms,”You are in Midwonder. Not in Earth but not yet in Heaven; where your last wishes are granted.”

I shook my head,”I’m not--”

“You are.” he said sternly and turned his gaze on me,”You and your family that were in that car all perished in that fatal crash.”

I shook my head, but knew I had to face the truth.

I, Lee Howon age 12, had died in a car crash. “But... Why me?” I was very curious. Out of so many souls, I was given this chance.

He laughed amusingly,”Because, you young sir, happened to be the lucky one that I’ve chosen.” he turned away from me and started walking away. “A train will pick you up for your redemption stage.”

Wait... WHAT?! “Uhh, Mr. Man in Black! What do you--”

By the time I knew it I was already in the empty train.

I did get my redemption stage. My looks improved, I had no more of those awful “goggles” and my skin wasn’t that same burned color. My hair was always a nice side-swept cut and my body soon developed to where my muscles were visible. My confidence were off the charts. And to believe that all that took a year before I saw her again. It took a lot of practice before I knew to talk comfortably to someone.

Then I was sent. I was told of my schedule; every 14th of each month. I smiled knowing that I got to see her on her birthday and celebrate it with her.

I got off the train station and entered the door that brought me to Busan Intermediate.

I looked down at myself. I looked like a regular student; uniform, book bag. I was all set.

“3:30?”

I heard a cute familiar voice.

“School ended at 2:40. Where could they be?”

I ran up what I was guessing the entrance of the school and hid behind a pillar.

She slid down and hugged her knees,”Where are they?”

I smiled but slowly frowned; it was nail-biting cold outside and she only had a thin scarf and a pair of gloves to keep her “warm”. With a boost of confidence, I strolled over there and threw my backpack next to her.

She looked at me confused.

I had found her. “You look like you need company,” I said with a bright smile still plastered on my face.


I smiled from recalling how everything started. I turned to the Man in Black,”Thank you so much for all you’ve done.” I said with a bow.

He pat my shoulders,”Howon-ah, you have been the very best pupil,” he let go of my shoulders and looked down,”But now is your time to go.” he held out his arm as the train made its way to our place.

I sighed as I remembered and savored every second spent with Nayeon. Her smile, her laughter; everything. I closed my eyes and smiled in content.

‘Please just let me be like this, even for a second.’ I prayed in my head as I felt the train come to a stop.

I knew what happens when your wish was granted. I knew it, memorized it, and now I am about to live it.

The train takes you to Paradise where all of the memories made will be lost there forever. Then you make your way to Reincarnation which leads you to your next given life.

I'm not gonna lie, I didn’t wanna go... But this is what’s best for me. I had to, I had no other choice. I couldn’t have Nayeon suffer any more than she did already because of me.

I stepped in the train but looked back at the Man in Black. He waved at me a last farewell as I did the same.

I sat down in the same empty and unoccupied train and sighed watching everything pass me by.

“Next stop, Paradise,” I whispered to myself.


So there’s Hoya’s story.. Sorry if it ....GAHHH!!! I FEEL LIKE IT SOUNDS SO CLICHE AND CHEESY DX
Like I said i’ve never written this type of genre before so I guess that includes fantasy >.< Literally wrote this half asleep... Finals are really getting to me BUT DON’T WORRY!!!! I’VE GOT THE LAST TWO CHAPTERS WRITTEN....Ish.....
Anyway thank you all again for supporting my fic!
*hugs you all*