Confrontation followed by denial

Patient #748

Taegi paced around the room, “When are they gonna–”

“Taegi,” Nayeon’s joyous voice boomed along with the door, “I bought you some delicious jjajangmyun.” Taegi turned to the two girls. Nayeon’s expression died down, “What happened?”

“Is it urgent? I mean you made it seem like an–”

“I found the answer,” she looked at Minrin, “To everything.” she emphasized.

“But how? It’s only been–what–almost 2 weeks.”

“I’ve got everything.” Taegi pointed to the table scattered with her evidence.

Nayeon looked at the two, feeling as if her existence wasn’t present. “Excuse me but,” The two woman turn to look at Nayeon, “What are you guys talking about. Please explain to me, I’m very lost.”

Taegi pulled a chair, “Sit first.”

Nayeon nodded her head and obligated. She sat down hesitantly, “Now.. Tell me.”

Minrin turned to Taegi also, “Yeah, tell us.”

Taegi sighed and turned her way to Nayeon, “Nayeon-ah,”

“Yeah?” Anxiety was building up in her.

“Does the name Lee Howon ring a bell to you?” she asked.

Nayeon shook her head, “I don’t...I don’t remember.”

Taegi grabbed the yearbook and Howon’s picture, “Do you remember this little boy? Come on you have to.” she said shaking her legs hoping the girl would.

Minrin held Taegi’s shoulder, “Tae–”

“I think I do,” Nayeon muttered.

Taegi sighed with relief, feeling a little bit of the weight off of her shoulders, “What do you remember about him?”

“He was my classmate in the fifth grade?” she pointed to her picture just right below his, “The yearbook kinda gave it away..”

“What are you trying to–”

“Lee Howon is Hoya!” Taegi blurted out, answering Minrin’s question.


IU - The Story I Didn’t Know

Ha, my story is kinda like the MV


“Howon died in a car accident 8 years ago when his family was on their way to moving to Seoul.” She turned to Nayeon, “He was in love with you Nayeon. He was so in love with you that he was afraid to talk to you.”

Nayeon stared at Taegi, trying to process everything in her. “I don’t believe it. Howon and Hoya are two completely different people,” she emphasized. “They don’t even look alike.”

Taegi snapped her fingers and took out the sketch of Hoya and the print of him, “This is the sketch of Hoya,” she showed Nayeon the sketch. “My brother has this computer programmer that can generate one’s picture so we can see how they look like a bit older, mainly used to find missing kids.” she showed Nayeon the picture, “Do you see the resemblance?”

Nayeon’s breath grew heavy. She was scared; she was terrified. She didn’t want to believe any of this. She scoffed, “So? Coincidence, yeah, i-it’s just a coincidence.” she said trying to convince herself.

Minrin bent down so she was looking at Nayeon in the eyes, “Honey, I know this is hard to absorb but,” she bit her lip, “All the evidence is here. Cold, hard evidence.”

Nayeon shook her head, “I-I don’t–what are you trying to say?” she was so utterly confused.

Taegi thought about it, trying to make it not sound so creepy. “Hoya is Howon’s spirit that seemed to have stayed and lingered with you.” She turned to Nayeon, “Do you know why he always comes every 14th of each month?”

The girl shook her head. She felt it ache with confusion; this was too much for her.

Taegi took out her scratch paper. “Your birthday landed on a 14. Do you remember when you gave him sweets on Valentine’s Day in 5th grade?”

Nayeon shook her head, she couldn’t remember anything. Her memory was a blur, especially from that long ago, of course, she couldn’t remember. She didn’t want to remember. She didn’t want any of this; couldn’t they just leave her alone?

“Well you did and he fell in love with you. Valentine’s Day lands on a 14,” she took a deep breath, “And so was his death..”

Minrin’s eyes widen from realization, she looked at the broken girl shaking her head. “Nayeon-ah.”

“No. This isn’t true. I don’t... I-I don’t believe it. I won’t believe it.” She stood up and dashed to her hospital room, ignoring their protests.

She ran past nurses, doctors, and workers with tears in her eyes and her arm covering her muffled cries. She didn’t want to believe any of this. All of the information given wasn’t real.

She got to her room and slammed the door shut. She jumped on her bed and held onto Hoyeon Gom, spilling her tears all over its soft fur. “Hoyeon Gom-ah,” she sobbed, “My head aches. My heart hurts. I miss Hoya.” she cried on the bear’s shoulder. She looked at the ceiling with tears still streaming down her porcelain face, “It's okay, Nayeon. He will be here tomorrow,” she assured herself. “Lies, lies, lies. They’re all feeding me lies,” she repeated until she fell asleep.


Oh and Hoya’s ACTUALLY gonna show up next chappie so.. YAYY!!! Again, thank you for all you readers, commenters, and subscribers.

I love you all so much  ; v ;