Epilogue: 6 years later

Patient #748

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Lee, you have a child,” Dr. Jung announced to us, “And if I had to say, it’s about 6-12 weeks old.” he looked at our ecstatic speechless faces. He bowed, “I’ll leave you three alone.” he emphasized the word with a smile and left the room.

I held Sungyeol’s hand and kissed the back of it, “Honey!” I gave his hand a gentle squeeze, “That’s our child,” I looked at my tummy, “Hello love, do you hear mommy?” I looked at the screen and saw the embryo move a little and gasped excitedly, “Sungyeol,” I looked up at him with the world’s biggest smile.

He looked away from the screen and then at me. He kissed me and then looked at my tummy, “Hello little one. Do you hear daddy’s voice?”

We both looked at the screen and the embryo moved a little bit more than before. I giggled and turned to him, “Baby loves your voice.”

He smiled widely and touched my belly, “Aigoo~” he cooed to our baby, “Daddy just wants to see you now!”

I gasped, “Sungyeol!” I looked at his jelly-full hands, “Now you got gel all over your hands!” I laughed.

He shrugged and wrote on my belly

Daddy & Mommy ♡ Baby

“Beautiful,” he complimented.

I laughed, “I can’t have you acting like a kid when we’re gonna be having our own children.” I scolded.

He stopped and smirked, “So we’re gonna be having more than one child?” he wiggled his eyebrows.

I slapped him on his shoulder and rolled my eyes.

“Moon Nayeon,” he got up, “It’s not even born yet and its witnessed domestic violence!” he scoffed and held my belly again, “It’s okay, daddy will always be here for you.”

I softened a little at the intimacy with our child. I looked at him and gestured him to kiss me. He bent down and we shared a short but passionate kiss, “I love you, sweetie.”

He smiled and pecked me on the lips again, “I love you too.”

 

Dr. Jung printed out our ultrasound and to celebrate, Sungyeol decided that we’re going to spoil our unborn child. We went to the mall and entered a baby store.

“Ah, honey,” I turned around, “How about this?”

I giggled and walked up to him. He was wearing a baby hat and held the matching set of clothes under his chin. “Oh gosh, if our baby inherited your cheeks, it’ll be the cutest baby on earth,” I said pinching his cheeks.

He shook his head and kissed my cheek, “If our baby inherited your gorgeous face, it’ll be the most beautiful being on the face of the earth.”

I smiled, but I felt like gagging. I held my throat and exhaled deeply, trying not to puke right there and then. He panicked and took off the hat, placing it back from where he got it. “Are you okay?”

I nodded,”Yeah,” I held my throat, “Just–can you get me some water?” I asked still trying to control my breathing. He nodded and ran to find a vending machine.

I sat down and waited. I searched my bag and took out our ultrasound picture. I smiled and touched my belly, “I’m so grateful to have you.” I got up and started looking at the shoes, picture still in my hand.

I got a pair of cute white booties and held it close to my stomach, “Yes or no?” I paused and laughed, “I like it too. Let’s add it to daddy’s credit card.” I put it our basket, but the picture flew out of my hands. “No!” I gasped and ran for it, careful not to hurt my baby.

Just when I was about to get it, a little boy picks it up and looks at it.

“Thank goodness,” I sighed with relief, “Thank you so much.”

“Is this yours?” the little boy asks looking up.

I felt like my heart was going to stop. Electrical shocks were sent to every fiber of my being. Beads of sweat were forming on my forehead and I felt myself go pale.

It can’t be Howon. But how can it be?

I looked at the little boy from top to bottom. He had on a purple cap and wore a pair of jeans with a striped purple and grey polo shirt. His features where everything like Howon’s. This little boy seemed about 5 or 6 years old. He was somewhdark-skinnedned and had thick eyebrows.

Like how Howon was.

He wore glasses that hovered over his chinky eyes.

Like Howon.

I bent down, shaking and held the boy by his shoulders. I looked at him in the eyes. Everything was like Howon! “H-Howon...” my lips trembling, eyes beginning to flicker with tears.

The boy looked at me confused, “Miss.”

“Junyu!”

The little boy turned around, “Mommy!”

A woman walked up to us and pulled him away, “What are you--”

“This lady dropped her picture so I got it for her, mommy.” Junyu explained. He handed me my ultrasound, “Here you go, miss.” he said with a wide smile..

That huge, but cute, canine teeth smile.

I felt myself about to leap on him and give him an everlasting hug. But I didn’t. I got a hold of myself and took it, “Thank you,” I choked out.

“Let's go,” his mother pulled him away, “Aigoo Junyu, what did I tell you about talking to strangers, huh?”

I watched as he walked away with his mother. I smiled. He made it. And now he’s Junyu. I saw Junyu turn around and looked at me. At first, I was thrown off, until he gave me a small smile and turned back to his mother. I sighed and looked at touched my womb, “Mommy’s now content. She can live her life worry-free now, little one.”

“Nayeon-ah!”

I turned around and saw Sungyeol run towards me with a water bottle in his hands. I looked at him, still on my knees.

He helped me up and dusted off my knees, “Dang it, Moon Nayeon, you’re pregnant now. You shouldn’t be roaming around her and just be laying around anywhere. Remember, you’re carrying our child.”

I stopped him with a hug. “I love you so much, Lee Sungyeol.”

He stopped and sighed deeply, “I love you too, babe.” he held me out, “Sorry for scolding you two.” he said looking at my belly.

I shook my head, “It's fine,” she smiled, “Baby and I found some cute shoes.”

He cracked out a gummy smile, “Show me.”

I dragged him to that aisle. I watched as he looked at it and asked our baby if he liked some other shoes that Sungyeol picked. I laughed, watching my ridiculous husband talk to our unborn child. I smiled weakly. This is the life I wanted. Look at me, I’m 23 and married to the man that helped cure my wounds and have another chance at love again. And now we’re having a family of our own. What more could I have asked for?

I turned my head and tapped Sungyeol on his shoulders, “Yeol-ah. Can you we go somewhere?”

 

Who are we visiting?”

“A friend.” I said answering his question. I walked to his tomb stone.

I turned to Howon’s grave and felt the water works coming up, “Hey Howon.” I lowly greeted, wiping some dirt out of his tombstone, “Haven’t seen you in a long time, buddy.”

I flashed him my marriage ring, “I got married.” I pointed to Sungyeol who was gaping at how old these people were. I giggled, “We’ve been married for a year and a half now. He’s been the one that made me smile and laugh like a fool. Sorta like you.” I shook my head, “Oh! And I’m pregnant too. Do you want to see?” I took out my ultrasound picture, “Isn’t it beautiful?” I shook my head slowly, “I’m so happy, Howon. So very happy.”

I sighed and closed my eyes, “I missed you.” I looked at the slowly moving clouds, “I saw you today,” I looked at the tombstone and touched his picture, “Howon-ah,” my lips trembled, “How are you?” I whispered, “Are you Junyu or are you my guardian angel watching over my growing family?” I wiped away my teardrop, “I will always remember you as my Hoya oppa. My friend. My first love and first kiss.”

I turned to Sungyeol who was picking at a tree and saw me then waved. I smiled and waved back, “Sungyeol is the man of my life now.” I smiled, “Do you want to met him?” as if he had said yes, I called Sungyeol over.

“Yeol!” I called.

“Coming!” he came jogging towards me.

“I want you to met someone.” I sighed at him. “Sungyeol, this is Lee Howon. And Howon, this is my husband and father of my awaited child, Lee Sungyeol.”

Sungyeol bowed, “It’s nice to meet you Howon.” I had told him about my experiences, so he was well aware of how significant Howon was to me. He hugged me, “Howon, I just want to let you know that I love Nayeon with all my heart and I will cherish her forever. And if I don’t or do something wrong,” he sighed, “I give you permission to haunt me into my senses.”

I laughed and smacked his arm, “Lee Sungyeol!”

“What? I was being honest.” he defended himself.

“You don’t say those things though, idiot!” I pushed him and ran off laughing.

“Moon Nayeon!” he yelled and chased me.

I ran to the car and cornered with Sungyeol, “Wait until we get home, I’m gonna–”

“Our baby!” I yelled stopping his sentence and covering the sides of my belly.

He chuckled and pecked my lips, “Just kidding,” he opened my door and I got in. Sungyeol got in the car and held my hand,”Ready to go home?”

I nodded and looked at Howon’s grave before leaving. Now I’m happy. Goodbye Howon, Hoya oppa. I will always remember you.


Oh my gawsh!! This chapter is just like-- Can’t believe it’s done. Well, this was shorter then I thought, but it’s okay. This was honestly my favorite story to write. The mystery to it all was just so amusing. And thanks to everyone who read, commented, and subscribed. I love you all so much! Thank you for keeping up with this story and helping me complete this story with your comments and love TT3TT *cries*

Please check out my other stories as well (“:

      : on going         : completed

 An Inheritor's Marriage                                 Every Breathless Moment                                The Obsessed             
  
                                            Vengeful Romance                                    Boundaries of the Heart