Chapter 0

Names & Faces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Technically for Baekhyun, it was like everyday at school was a new day to meet new people and learn new things.

 

So when his mom sat him down in the lounge and announced that they'd be moving Baekhyun groaned.

"I'm never going to make friends if you keep moving me woman!"

"What about that Lee Hyun Woo boy? He seemed nice. He even walked you home."

"Lee Hyung who?" Baekhyun asked.

Mrs Byun face palmed and groaned. Lee Hyunwoo had somehow managed to let Baekhyun walk him home a few days back but Mrs Byun is going to admit watching them say good bye was the most awkwardest time of her life.

"Never mind. We're moving. pack your stuff." She mumbled walking back into the kitchen.

"Love you!" Baekhyun yelled grabbing the T.V remote.

"Love you too!"
 



 


---
 



 



"Welcome to the neighbourhood. We're the Do's we live next door" a woman beamed at Mrs Byun when she opened the front door to their new house. They had just finished unpacking Baekhyun's last box of clothes and now Baekhyun was seated in the living room with a book and a hot chocolate.

"Ah!" Mrs Byun squealed in excitement. She loved it when the neighbours came to greet her. It made her feel special.


"It's nice to meet you! We thought it was too late and we were going to greet you tomorrow." She bowed moving aside to let the woman in following her was a small petty boy.

"Welcome, sorry I haven't prepared anything. I wasn't expecting company." Mrs Byun laughed rubbing her neck quickly walking into the Kitchen.

"Oh don't be sorry we came unannounced." Mrs Do bowed then gestured to her follower. "This is my son Kyungsoo."

"Nice to meet you." The boy bowed.

"Oooo~ we have guests!" A voice chirped making the three turn towards the kitchen entry.

"This is my son Baekhyun. Baekhyun these are our new neighbours Mrs Do and her son Kyungsoo."

"Nice to meet you Mrs Do" Baekhyun smiled walking up to the small woman with owl like eyes.

"Ah- Baek sweetie, that's Kyungsoo..." Mrs Byun said moving Baekhyun by his shoulders to the woman. "This is Mrs Do..." She smiled at the woman who returned it.

Baekhyun felt himself blush.

"S-sorry.." he stuttered.

"It's okay." The woman smiled shaking the boys hand.

"Baekhyun, why don't you take Kyungsoo up to your room while me and Mrs Do bond." Mrs Byun smiled at her son who only rose a brow.

"Sure..." He said before pulling along the person he was shaking hands with only for his mom to stop him.

"No that's Mrs Do!" She wailed, pulling mrs Do's hand out her sons and replacing it with Kyungsoo's.

When the boys made their way up the stairs Mrs Byun let out a huge sigh.

"I'm so sorry about that." She groaned.

Mrs Do just laughed.
"Don't worry."

"It's just, he has problems with names and faces." Mrs Byun groaned again.

"He's so cute though!" Mrs Do squealed.

"Omgosh your son is like a little owl!!!" They started fangirling over their sons.


 


 



"This is my room!" Baekhyun announced spreading his arms.

"Wow!" Kyungsoo awed when he walked in.

The walls were a baby blue and there were pictures that decorated the walls.

"That's my mom." Baekhyun smiled pointing to a picture.

"She's very pretty."

Kyungsoo is going to admit he found Baekhyun extremely odd. First he mistakenly shakes his hand thinking he was his mother I mean Mrs initial means a woman. Then she tries to bring His mom to his room when it was meant to be Kyungsoo. But then Kyungsoo looked at the photos and noticed a lot of them were Baekhyun's mom. All of course with the word 'mom' written at the bottom of the frames.

"Oh! Can I take your picture? "Baekhyun asked moving to his desk grabbing his Polaroid camera.

"Huh?" Kyungsoo turned to the other.

"Well, to remember you..." Baekhyun fidgeted with the camera.

"Remember me?"

"Yeah, I'm not to good with names and faces so I keep names with their picture in a book." Baekhyun smiled.

"Sure!"

"Okay just smile I guess." Baekhyun laughed bringing the camera to his eye.

When the image developed Kyungsoo's surprise Baekhyun pinned the picture to the wall.

"I thought you said you put it in a book.?" He asked

"Oh, yeah well If I put it on the wall I'll remember you faster!" Baekhyun replied grabbing a sharpie out of his desk draw when he placed his camera back.
"If you don't mind me asking but is your name Myungsoo?"

Kyungsoo chuckled. "Kyungsoo." He said.

"I was close." Baekhyun mumbled writing down the name.




 



---



 


2 hours later

"Wait so you can't remember a name to a face."

"That is correct." Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were in the middle of a Black ops game, playing capture the flag against bots because their wifi hadn't been hooked up yet so they can't play other people yet.

"That's so odd." Kyungsoo commented running his man to the bunker.


"You know what's weirder."

"What?"

"I don't know my moms name." Baekhyun laughed.

"What?!" Kyungsoo began shooting.

"Yeah, I have her name somewhere on the wall but when I see her face I the word mom comes to my mind." Baekhyun shot someone throwing out a sticky.

"Woah..."

"Secretly, when I'm lazy I forget mom and call her woman." Baekhyun smiles
"But actually, it's like I can't be bothered knowing people's names, not that I don't want to."

"That's so weird!" Kyungsoo commented setting down a care package.

"Tell me about it." Baekhyun groaned when he got shot.

"You're really good at this."

"You too."


 



---


 



"It's time to go now! say goodbye to Baekhyun honey!" A voice yelled from the corridor.

"Kerbert someone's calling you."

Kyungsoo removed himself from the  comfy bean bag and laughed at the other.
"Kyungsoo." He corrected.

"Didn't I say that?"

Rolling his eyes playfully Kyungsoo hit Baekhyun lightly on the shoulder.

"You know what?"

"What?" Baekhyun grumbled rubbing his shoulder.

"I'm not going to get your name right until you get mine."

"What!? But that might take forever Lilian!"

The room fell into silence.

"I'm so sorry it just came out."

Kyungsoo's glare eased up on Baekhyun

"It's okay Bertha." He smiled smugly making Baekhyun Laugh.

"I'm leaving without you!" A voice called.

"YA!" Kyungsoo shouted making his way out of the room.

"Bye Bacon!" He called before closing the door.

"Bye Kyle!" Baekhyun smiled




 



---


 




"Isn't it good you and Kyungsoo can walk to school together!" Mrs Byun chirped fixing herself some bacon and eggs while Baekhyun settled for an apple and a glass of water.

Baekhyun paused from a bite....

"Kyungsoo?"

"Oh-! The boy next door!" Mrs Byun smiled.

Baekhyun racked his brain. He remembered  last night he remembered meeting two people but when he tried to see their faces he saw... Nothing... Then a pair of large eyes smiled at him.

"Ah! Owl!" Baekhyun beamed

Mrs Byun froze before turning to her baby.

"Y-you remember him!" She shrieked.

"Big eyes chungmoo!"

"Kyungsoo." She corrected but continued to smile.


"Brenda!!" A voice screamed from outside and then Baekhyun started laughing.

"Brenda?" Mrs Byun repeated.

Baekhyun tossed his Apple into the bin and replaced his glass of water for his water bottle in the fridge.

"Me. He won't get my name right till I get his right."

Mrs Byun scoffed.

"Like that will happen."

"Hey, have faith!" Baekhyun growled grabbing his bag and slipping on his shoes, when he got to the door he yelled a quick bye before making his way out.

When he got outside he was greeted by the big eyes... But he forgot his name.... Dammit


"Dongwoo?" He tried making the other grumble.

"Kyungsoo." he corrected.

"I was close!" Baekhyun smiled starting to walk with the boy to school. EXOluXion High.

"What are you talking about you were nowhere near!"

"Shh."




"So what do you do about the teachers?" Kyungsoo asked.

"That's easy. I call them Sir and Ma'am."

"What happens if there are a lot of teachers in the room and you need one?"

"I'd walk up to them and tap their shoulder."

"Do you remember anyone from your old school?"

"I just have a ton of faces but I forgot their names...and when I do remember the name I forget the face it belongs to."

"Woah... You must in history class." Kyungsoo laughed.

"Actually I'm pretty good!" Baekhyun chirped.
"Because I don't need to remember a face just a name. That's easy."

"I wonder how much stuff is crammed into that small brain of yours." Kyungsoo teased earning himself a headlock and a grinding from Baekhyun's knuckle.




When they got to school Baekhyun bid goodbye to Kimsoon because he had to go to his own homeroom to get ready. Baekhyun headed to the main office and was greeted by a woman in her early 30s.

"Ah! You must be the new transfer student!" She chirped.

Baekhyun bowed
"Yes do you happen to have my timetable?" He asked politely.

"Yes, here you go." She handed him a slip and a school map. Cause holy crap. This place was huge and Baekhyun was lucky he was good with direction.

"Thank you!" He yelled making his way back into the corridor that was flooded with students.

The lady was a bit taken back when the boy just left. Usually new students would want to go through the school rules and usually ask where their home room is.


"Okay let's see...blah blah blah.. Byun Baekhyun... Mmn mn mmm n.. Room E30...floor... 2... Blah blah blah..." Baekhyun paused looking around the corridor.

Seeing a load of lockers Baekhyun checked his student ID and found his locker with his combination attached to it.
Ripping it off he started the search for his locker.
 

After a painfully long time (5minutes) Baekhyun finally found his locker. He also noticed the weird looks he was getting from everyone and the odd glares.
Baekhyun sighed.
this school's weird.

"Bacon~" he heard over all the chatting in the corridor. Turning around he saw the boy who lives next to him.

"Younguk!" Baekhyun smiled.

Baekhyun got hit on the shoulder when the owl made it to him.
"Really? Younguk? That's nowhere near Kyungsoo!" He whined.

"Who's Kyungsoo?"

"Me!" Kyungsoo groaned.

"Let me see your schedule! My stuff is already in my class."

Baekhyun gave Kyungsoo his papers.

"Oh! You're across from me!" Kyungsoo beamed.

"Sweet!" Baekhyun fist pumped.



---


"Class so today we will be having a new student joining us! Isn't that exciting!" The teacher beamed.

"Oh yay." A student sarcastically commented setting off a chain of laughs

"Please be nice, he's a sensitive boy an--"

"Oh great another flower boy." The same student cut in.

"Park Chanyeol you're looking at a week detention if you keep that up."

"I'm looking at a old woman actually---"

"HEY! DONT BE MEAN!" A voice boomed from outside the classroom making everyone gasp and turn their attention towards the door where only a pair of hands could be seen clutching the wood.
"Oh s-sorry..." It whispered only the teacher being able to see the lump of hair hiding behind the door.


Chanyeol being one not to obey others orders, was a little pissed that some runt was telling him what to do. He stood from his seat making it screech back, hands shoved into his pockets as he made his way to the door.

"Chanyeol sit back-"

"Shut up." Chanyeol spat making his way to the door and skidding it across roughly with his foot.

The boy on the other side was clearly scared less at this and stumbled back.

The boy was about two heads smaller than Chanyeol and easily came up to his chest. Oddly enough the boy also had a mop of silver hair just like Chanyeol but instead of it being styled like his it was straight and lay flat on his head just reaching his eyes.

Chanyeol stared blankly at him while the other tried his best to avoid his gaze.

"Uh...---!"

Pulling out a hand Chanyeol grabbed the smaller's wrist and yanked him inside emitting  a yelp from the smaller.

"New transfer student guys." Chanyeol held up his hand pulling the smaller off the ground because of the height difference so he just dangled.
Everyone started laughing and the teacher just stood with wide eyes not knowing what to do.
Chanyeol expected the boy to whimper or at least try and get out of his grip but instead the smaller lifted his free hand and shyly waved to everyone.

"Hello."

Chanyeol watched the boy's thin lips curve into a smile and droopy eyes turn in crescents as he greeted everyone.
Thinking maybe the boy was broken he gave his arm a quick wiggle, making the boy wobble.
Everyone who was laughing paused.
Some of the girls cooed at the cute sight along with some of the boys.

"I-I'm Baekhyun" the boy stuttered.


"Uh- Chanyeol can you put him Dow--" Chanyeol turned to glare at the teacher making her shut up.

Moving through the seats with Baekhyun still in the air, Chanyeol made his way to the seat in front of him.

"Move." He ordered the girl who was seated, she was quick to scurry up and grab her things making her way to the front of the class where the only other seat was available.

Chanyeol dropped Baekhyun into the chair and took his seat behind the other.

Baekhyun greeted the people on his sides with a smile and a small wave, they hesitated but waved back.

The teacher wasn't moving and it was pissing Chanyeol off.

"Hurry up and start this bloody !"

Baekhyun turned back to Chanyeol surprising the taller when Baekhyun glared at him. They were at the back of the class so only about four people were there to witness it but secretly everyone had turned their heads so they could see.

"Hey, don't be mean." Baekhyun whispered.

Chanyeol only leaned forward and flicked the smaller's head.

"Shut up."

Baekhyun rubbed his head, grumbling as he turned back around.





Ding ding ding




"Everyone get up, and get out!" Chanyeol ordered when the bell rang.

"But I have a class in here--" the teacher tried only to be cut off.

"Does it look like I ing care? Take them to the ing Library, just get the out."

Everyone was on their toes scurrying for the door, pushing the students that had that class out.

Baekhyun was about to get up but two large hands on his shoulders shoved him back down.
Looking up he saw a giant looming over him.

"I don't have this class?"

"Just stay down." Chanyeol ordered making his way to the door.

When everyone was out (Chanyeol practically shoving them out.) he locked the door and turned to the only student left in the room.

"Um-"

"Shut up!" Chanyeol cut in.

Baekhyun mumbled a quick apology before fixing himself in the seat.

"So, I'm going to set a few rules now that you're here."

Chanyeol walked to the front of the classroom and crossed his arms.

"Oh my god are you the principle!?" Baekhyun shrieked.

"What!?--"

"Is this because I ran in the hallway?! I didn't mean to I thought I was going to be la--"

"YA! I'm not that old bag!"

"Ah-- excuse me?"

"I'm higher than that old fart." Chanyeol grumbled.

"Oh were you sent by him?" Baekhyun smiled.


Chanyeol groaned.
"What the hell!" He yelled banging his head on the whiteboard.

"What's wrong?"

"Rule 1!" Chanyeol announced ignoring the runts attempts to make small talk.
"Never get in my way or Talk to me unless I talk to you." He stated.

"Okay!" Baekhyun cheered liking this game.

"Rule 2! Do as I say, when I say and nobody gets hurt got it?"

Baekhyun nodded "got it!"

"Rule 3! My word is law, what I say goes. If I say you can't wear blue jeans?"

"I won't wear blue jeans!" Baekhyun smiled but dropped it and raised his hand.

"What?"

"When does the lunch bell ring?"

"....one thirty..."

"Mr, are there any like festivals happening? Because I haven't gotten the school Callander yet so I'm not up-to-date with all--"

"Wait wait wait! Hold up! Mr?- I'm not a ing teacher!" Chanyeol shrieked he couldn't believe this. This damn fool thought he was here to tell him about the school.

"Who are you then?"

"Park Chanyeol." Chanyeol crossed his arms. The name itself should give him away. He's the principal's son, a figure that has students moving to create gaps for him to walk through in the hallways. A figure whose main goal is to up everyone's day--

"I'm Byun Baekhyun." The smaller smiled.

"I don't ing care!" Chanyeol growled dropping his arms, having it up to here with the smaller, he was treating him like a joke.

"Hey that's not very nice..." Baekhyun pouted

"I'm not a very nice person."

"I'm sure that's not true."

"Want a bet?"

"Sure!" Baekhyun chirped, he was always one for a bet.

"Dye your hair." Chanyeol ordered.

"How is that a bet?"

"Because if you don't dye your hair I'll get you expelled." Chanyeol smirked.

"Why?" Baekhyun tilted his head.

"Because I'm not a nice person."

"I thought principals were meant to be nice?"

Chanyeol was at that point in his life were he just wanted to grab a text book off Mrs Lee's desk and just continuously whack himself over the head with it.

"I'm not the ing principal--"

"Clearly." Baekhyun scoffed.

"Who do you think you're talking so lightly too?" Chanyeol barked.

Baekhyun looked like he was processing something before he shrugged.

"I don't know."

"I'm the principal's son." Chanyeol finally said giving up thinking that the boy could connect the dots.

"I'm a doctor's son." He smiled.

"I don't ing care. Just dye your damn hair!"


"Why that?"

"Because it's the same ing colour as mine!"

Baekhyun grabbed a piece of his hair and attempted to pull it down, he ended up looking cross-eyed at the strand.

"Woah.... That's weird..." Baekhyun looked awe struck at his own hair.

Chanyeol was cut short on words. The boy didn't even know they colour of his own hair.
"What. The. Hell.... Are you on drugs or something?"

Baekhyun looked back up at the taller in the front of the class.

"Drugs? No. Drugs are bad for you." He said starting to get up and pack his gear.

"Where do you think you're going? We're not done here." Chanyeol growled as the smaller continued.

"To class, but I have to go to the main office first to pick something up." He said glancing at the clock.
"I'm already 20 minutes late, I don't think the teacher will be to happy."

" the teacher." Chanyeol spat.

Baekhyun only stared at the taller before shaking his head.

"That was uncalled for."

"I've locked the door." Chanyeol squinted at the smaller as he made his way to the sliding door and found it sealed shut.


"Then you can just, unlock it!" Baekhyun smiled.

Chanyeol sneered, the other just continued to order him around!?
"I'm doing this because you're annoying the out of me, not because you told me to." Chanyeol grumbled, he'll just try later, cause right now his brain felt like it had taken on a life's worth of questions.

When Chanyeol made his way to the door it was then that he noticed just how taller he was than the latter. He could perfectly see the crown on top of Baekhyun's head and the shards of black regrowth in his hair. It was only when the smaller looked up that Chanyeol came back to reality and realised he had just been standing there staring at Baekhyun's head for a good 3 minutes.

Baekhyun being the patient boy he is thought that maybe the tall giant was just going through his keys but when he looked up he found two eyes staring back at him.

"What?"

"N-nothing." Chanyeol STUTTERED As he got the keys out and unlocked the door, sliding it open for the smaller to walk under his arm.

"Hey!" He called when he saw Baekhyun making his way to the main office through the now empty hallway.

"Yeah?" Baekhyun turned back.

"Just tell the teacher you were with me. They'll understand."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter