9. The Best Surprise – Part 1 (MiChaeng)

One In A Million (One Shots Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9. The Best Surprise – Part 1 (MiChaeng)

 

*click* *click*
Mina finally lock her suitcase after a long struggle. She clean her hand from the dust then she sit on her bed. She stretched her arm and some cracking bone sound can be heard. In the other side, a girl zipped the backpack after finish putting several things into it, then she walk towards mina and sit beside her.

“Everything set ?” a certain small cub asked her favourite penguin.

“I guess so. I should be.” The shoulder length girl said. She then stands up to see all the thing she and her small cub has been packed before.

“Clothes, bath body scrub, gifts for your parents, your diary, everything already get in that suitcase ?” chaeng raised her eyebrow, and mina responded her with a nod.

“Something is missing…” chaeng furrowed with her finger on her chin.

“What ? I’m sure we don’t miss anything.” Mina who is trying to think what else can be missed from their 2 hours packing. She’s sure she puts everything inside that pink suitcase decorated with some animal sticker presenting the twice animal kingdom.

“Earphone, wallet, some medicine, tissue, notebook, I guess we are not missing anything.” Mina checks her backpack, in case she missed something from her backpack instead the suitcase. Mina looks at chaeng with a face full of question.

Chaeng shakes her head then move her body closer to her girlfriend and hug her penguin tightly. Mina who is shocked after that sudden hug froze while trying to understand what just happen.

“What now chaengi ?”

“I know what you missed.” Chaeng said with her eyes close, feeling comfortable hugging her penguin. She smiled widely then she kisses mina’s cheek.

“What ?” mina who is still worried that she might missed something important and they have to repacking her the suitcase, tilt her head. It is a struggle for them to stuffed all the thing into that pink suitcase, and she’s just too tired to open it again just for one missing thing.

“You forget to bring you small cub.” Chaeyong said with her baby voice. Mina sigh a relief, a relief that they don’t have to struggle with that suitcase again.

“I thought we need to open that almost exploded suitcase again, chaeng.” Mina knocked chaeng’s head gently.

“But I will miss you like a lot unnie.” Chaeng said while rubbing her head.

“Who said I won’t missed you ?”

“So take me with you. I want to meet Mr and Ms Myoui too.” Chaeng said with a face full hope. Her eyes sparkling brightly just to think about going to Japan with her girlfriend and meet her parents. Chaeyoung only know mina’s parents by some stories of them mina told her, or sometime she join mina’s phone call with her parents. Only by that, chaeng sure that mina’s parents are very warm and loving parents, she really wants to see them in real.

“But you parents didn’t let you. I want you to be a good daughter for your parents, and I don’t want your parents think I’m a bad girlfriend who kidnapped their daughter.” Mina said receiving a pout for chaeng.

Actually all what mina just said was true, she really wants to bring chaeng to her hometown and introduce her to her parents, but…. Like what she said before, the parents of that baby still not giving their permission for that baby to go abroad just with mina alone.

“How long is it again ?” chaeyoung asked since she know that she already failed pursuing her girlfriend to kidnapped her.

“Only for 3 days and 2 night babe.” Mina cupped chaeng’s chin.

“I will be back even before you know it.” Then she pecks that pouting cub lips. But the cub still leaving her pout hanging because she knows how hard would it be living away from that penguin. But she doesn’t utter any words or protest since she knows it won’t change anything.

“Remove that pout please.” Mina said.

“Okay.” Chaeng quickly smile, but everybody know how fake that smile is.

“Even though it is not your best smile, it is still better than your pout. It breaks my heart.” Mina sighed. Honestly, mina really want to bring that small cub, even though she have to re-open that suitcase and stuffed that small cub in, but..

“Ahhh.. let’s just eat, i’m hungry.” Mina said and kiss chaeng’s lips one more time before walking out of the room.

 

After reaching the kitchen, mina search for something in the kitchen but she didn’t find it. She even look for it inside the microwave, but she still didn’t find it.

“Where is it chaeng ?” mina shouted from the kitchen since she can’t find the fried rice chaeng has cooked for her before.

“On the table.” Chaeng said then she rushes to the kitchen.

“It is no here.” Mina points on the empty table.

“I’m sure I put here……”

“You looking for this ?” suddenly a girl with a plate of fried rice on her hand walk towards the kitchen.

“MOMO UNNIE !” chaeng groan.

“No one told me this is for mina.” Momo said innocently.

“You almost finished it.” Chaeng said after momo offer the almost finished fried rice to mina.

“It’s okay unnie. I can cook ramen.” Mina smile then she walk to the cupboard to find some ramen.

“Just change your clothes, I’ll cook I for you.” Chaeng grab mina’s hand.

“You look like a mess now. Go go.” Chaeng look at mina from head to toe. Mina surely a mess after fighting with the suitcase for 2 hours.

“Okay then. Gomawo babe.” Mina smile sweetly before giving a peck to her girlfriend lips and quickly run and leaving the kitchen.

“She surely giving me a lot of peck.” Chaeng said without even realising it.

“She’s going to missed you a lot, that’s why.” The fried rice stealer suddenly speaks.

“Yeah, I don’t know what will happen when she is not here.” Momo only rolled her eyes after hearing chaeng’s words.

 

When chaeng were cooking the ramen, mina carefully changes her clothes into a proper. A white slim fit turtle neck and a jeans, covers with a light brown coat, perfectly attached to mina’s slender body. Today’s outfit was specially chosen by her girlfriend, and she looks at her most confident right now. She sprays some perfume, a strawberry aroma, after satisfied looking at her appearance on the mirror.

“How do I look ?” mina asked chaeyoung leaving chaeng’s jaw dropped. She looks stunning, very stunning, chaeng said in her mind. Her straight hair, glistening face with only simple make up, and of course her outfit, made her realize it again about how lucky she is to have a girlfriend like her.

“The stylist should have win a best stylist of the year.” Chaeng said proudly.

“The stylist ? I guess the model should win the best model award.” Mina sticks her tongue out. Another cute bicker from that couple fills the kitchen with giggles and warmness.

“Yeah the model surely is something else, I need to admit it.” Mina blushed after receiving a compliment from chaeng, she thought the small cub will back fired her with another mock like always.

“I let you win this time, since I will miss you a lot.” Chaeng said after leaving mina with no words to say.

“I might puke and throw your fried rice away for nothing.” That fried rice stealer girl suddenly making another shocking appearance.

“Stop ruining our good time unnie.” Chaeng whine.

“Whatever.” Momo rolled her eyes then walk leaving the kitchen.

“Thanks for the ramen babe.” Mina said after she found that finally only the two of them is inside the kitchen.

“Your welcome princess.” Chaeyoung smiled widely with her dimples showing.

“I’ll miss that dimples a lot.” Mina said after slurping the ramen.

“Take it with you then.” Again chaeyoung with her nag.

“Not again.” Mina rolled her eyes.

In no time mina finish the ramen and fully fill her stomach before the flight.  Mina says her goodbye to the other member then she and chaeyoung by the manager company, left the dorm and went to the airport.

 

The reporters and fans already waiting patiently for mina at the airport. Mina’s placard and some of that giant cameras can be seen all around the airport. They don’t want to miss their goodbye to that black swan before going back to japan. But what they didn’t expect that a certain cub was walking beside her.

“Mina, are you going to take chaeyoung to Japan ?” some fans asking her.

“No, she don’t want to bring me.” Chaeyoung answer the question for mina with a pout.

“Eiii… that’s not the case. She still have something to do in Korea, so I can’t bring her.” Mina clarified.

“Why only chaeyoung accompany you here mina ?” another question from the fans.

“The other is busy, while this cub willingly to accompany me even though her schedule is also a mess.” Mina said made the small cub smiling ear to ears.

“Such a good dongsaeng am I ?” translated by the MiChaeng dictionary then the words means “Such a sweet and caring girlfriend am I ?”

“Yeah you are.” Mina ruffled chaeyoung hair before saying her last goodbye to the fans and her dearest chaeyoung.

“Take care mina unnie.” Chaeyoung shouted right before mina gone away from her sight.

“See you really soon.” This time she said it inside her mind with a smirked.

“Like really really soon.”

 

.

.

.

 

JAPAN, Mina’s House.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter