Is this a game?

Zen's Mystic Adventure

Five months have passed since Zen and MC married. All is going well, Zen with his booming acting career and with MC as his manager, all is well except that MC is weirdly suspicious with her smartphone. She refuses to be apart from her smartphone. Even in her bath, she will wrap her smartphone with plastic to bring with her. She is always on her phone that even when she is not, she will hid it so well that Zen is unable to find it. Being the type of men Zen is, he got worried that she might be cheating. Every 1 a.m. or 3 a.m. she will wake up to look at her smartphone. Sometimes she will get multiple phone calls that sounded suspiciously familiar of their friends from the RFA but when he asked whether they called her or not, their answer is always the same "No." This confuses Zen more and more. He even asked 707 to hacked into her phone to trace her message and phone call only to find nothing?

 

 

One day, Zen is determined to steal her smartphone. During his drama break, he asked her to do an errand but before she leaves, Zen quietly took her smartphone and goes into hiding to personally check her phone. But still, he finds nothing. Zen, feeling guilty decided to just turn off her phone and ask for forgiveness for doubting her when she comes back only to accidentally open her game folder. What Zen found on the folder was... a bit weird? There is a game titled "Mystic Messenger" and the game icon had 707's face. "Is this a game Seven developed for fun?", he thought. Zen's finger accidentally hover onto the game icon and he is greeted by a picture of the RFA member in chibi form with a christmas themed costume. "This looks kinda cute", he thought as he chuckled. He clicked the start button and are greeted with a familiar interface. This is the login interface for the RFA member and without a second thought Zen entered his email and password.

 

 

The next interface is something he is unfamiliar with. There is a dfferent option that he had never seen before but immediately, his eyes is attracted to the original story button. "What kind of game is this? What kind of story will this be about? The RFA member's?", feeling curious he quickly clicked on the button. He is greeted with another interface with two option: Casual Story and Deep Story. On the casual story option there is Jaehee's and Yoosung's face and on the deep story option there is Jumin's face and 707's face which are still unlocked. "That's weird... none of these option have me in it. Is it because I logged in with my account? If so where is MC and V's option?", Zen thought out loud. Dismissing his thought, he clicked on the deep story mode which demand for 80 hourglass to unlock. Zen looked onto the upper screen to find he only had 30 hourglass but, suddenly the smartphone vibrated and a message appear "FREE COMPLEMENTARY 50 HOURGLASS FOR URIN ZEN 8D".

 

 

Zen was a bit astonished but proceed to unlocked the deep story mode anyways since he is curious about 707's story and of course, Jumin's. Right after he unlocked the deep story mode, the ground starts shaking and the light flickers. Living in Korea, Zen got used to earthquake but not in this scale. Zen got worried and hid underneath a table. Then, everything turns dark. Zen's sight turns pitch black and he feels like he is floating. He is starting to feel claustrophobic. While panicking, he didn't notice that he have fainted. The next thing he knew, he woke up near an unfamiliar looking blocks of building. "Where am I", Zen thought out loud. He looked around only to find MC's smartphone on the ground. He immediately reaches it to make sure it is still okay. He didn't want to anger his wife more than he think he did for doubting her. He turns on the phone and are greeted with a weird sight. "What the-... is the messenger hacked?", Zen claimed. After a few second, a message appeared.

 

 

Zen asked the stranger "Who are you?" but the stranger didn't answer so Zen kept pushing and responded "No. You're creepy." when the stranger asked him to return the smartphone he is holding on to its owner. The stranger respond with a picture. "Hmm... he looks like a normal college kid but who knows if this is real or not", Zen thought. The longer Zen chat with the stranger, the more suspicious he became. Zen knows whom the smartphone he is holding on belong to, but the stanger kept asking him to bring it back to its owner. The stranger even gave an unknown address to him. Since the smartphone belongs to his wife, shouldn't the stranger give him their house address? Nevermind he thought as that would be creepier. As times goes by, the stranger has somehow managed to get Zen to go to the address which was two blocks away from the place he woke up to. Before he knows it, Zen is already standing in front of the said apartment.

 

 

"Damnit! Why did I agree to this? Who knows if this is a prank or maybe... what if I got kidnapped!? My poor pretty face won't be damaged right?", Zen sighed as he knocks on the door only to find it is not locked. Just as he enter the apartment, the messenger got back to normal and he saw his friends chatting like normal. The only weird thing is that the chats that were going on seems strangely familiar. Like it had happened before. This is the chat that were on the first time he met his wife!!! Thats when Zen noticed. He is not using his normal RFA messenger, he is playing the game that he open before. "Did I just followed whatever it is that an unknown game character tells me to?", Zen release a breath of relief. He looked around the apartment only to find no one. "Whose apartment did I just break into?", Zen asked himself. It took awhile for his friend in the chatroom to notice his presence in the chat.

 

 

"Was everyone this obsessed in finding a girl? Oh wait, I was one of them too...", Zen said out loud as he read the chatroom. Zen stated he is not a girl and laughed as Yoosung typos start appearing when he is panicking, Jaehee and Jumin is suspicious which is normal and of course Seven is checking for his identity. As everyone is demanding for his identity, he decided to play along and wrote: "Reveal yourself first. I'm the most confused one here...". Of course the frst to reveal his identity is naive Yoosung and he even posted a pic. Followed by Seven only saying his alias name but revealing Jumin's and Jaehee's identity without their consent. Zen laughed thinking of the old time. Since everyone has revealed their identity, he decided to stop playing around and tell them his identity. "It's me Zen", he typed and even posted a selfie of himself.

 

 

 

What Zen didn't expect was their response. Jumin does not know him. Yoosung seemed shocked and happy at the same time but treat it like the first time he met him. Seven also reacted the same way as Yoosung with the additional "Give me your Autograph! 8D". Jaehee didn't respond for a while and start sending multiple happy and excited emoticon. Zen thought they were just joking but soon find out they are not. Zen felt a bit sad. Does this mean their previous friendship does not exist? "But this is just a game... right?", Zen questioned himself since everything seems real. Feeling conflicted, just as Seven remind him not to touch anything inside the apartment, Zen bust out of the apartment and goes out to search for his home... his apartment where his wife is. After a couple of block of bulding, everything seemed familiar again. "I know the way to my apartment.", Zen said to himself. After several walking and running around he finally found his apartment. He released a sigh of relief.

 

 

His eyebrow knitted as he does not find his white Cadillac XT5. He bought that car as to not bring danger near his wife and stopped using his motorbike as transportation. Zen tells himself to calm himself down as it may still be at his drama location. However, as he enters his apartment all he sees is his old apartment when he is still single. Not a single presence of his wife. Zen starts panicking "No... this can't be...", Zen said out loud as he choke back his tears. Zen tried calling his wife several time only to get "This number is not available" message. Zen checked back on the chatroom. The real RFA messenger does not exist, just the game. He tried calling the other RFA members but still got the same message. So he tried calling and messaging through the game... and it got through. But the respond is not what he wanted to know. Everyone the he knows does not know him. This is the first time they met according to the game. Feeling devastated, Zen cries in his sleep hoping that this was all just a dream...

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

So... how was the 1st chapter? Good? Bad? So-so? Well let me know on the comments below. Also, for you guys who have played Mystic Messenger here are some explaination: the reason why Zen didn't notice that he is using the chatroom in the game is because instead of our usual option in the chatroom, Zen actually type the option. There is no weird multiple choice answer like what we get from the game.