001

Passerby

“I’m sorry…Did that wake you?” The soft voice speaks with faintly delight tone.

Siwon stayed silent, looking as he’s still adjusting his blurry eyesight from his deep sleep. Even though he’s not replying, his eyes did not leave from the man who claims himself as Kyuhyun, his lover. The man that stood beside him is the first person who he saw after he gained conscious from his so called coma state. He keeps looking at him who is now placing two roses in the blue glassy vase. Of course this man is identifiable for Siwon since he has seen him from times to times. Siwon knows, since no one aside from Kyuhyun ever pays a visit.

“How are you feeling now? Have you eaten?” Kyuhyun asked calmly as he takes a sit on a chair beside Siwon’s hospital bed. Just after Kyuhyun asked Siwon, the nurse opens the door and brings tray of food inside. She greets the two men and places a small table on Siwon’s bed and places the plates of food on it. She gives excuse before leaving the room quietly.  

“Just in time…” Kyuhyun said as he helps Siwon sit right up and notice that Siwon jus stare at the food. He sighs and smiles, then takes the spoon and starts feeding him.

Siwon obediently lets Kyuhyun feeds him. Everyday it happened and he’s comfortable with it. The reason why he just stared at the food is because he wants Kyuhyun to feed him since it strangely increases his appetite. Siwon doesn’t know Kyuhyun well however, just having him here makes him comfortable, calm and not lonely.

“You have to eat well and don’t skip your meals.” Kyuhyun said as he place the glass of water sides carefully on Siwon’s lips to let him drink. 

“I won’t… “Siwon said with his slightly hoarse voice despite after drinking water. “K…Kyuhyun…I’m full… Thank you.”

“No, look at this.” Kyuhyun chuckles and shows Siwon the empty bowl. “You’re making progress day by day.”

Siwon just smile as he observe Kyuhyun placing  the empty bowl on the nearby table and place the small table that were on top of Siwon on the floor. As Siwon is now on his recovery, his days are filled with Kyuhyun’s care. It could be that Kyuhyun is the one who took care of Siwon better than the nurses. The boy knows how to take care of people really well and handle them with so much care that even Siwon himself can’t seem to miss a day without seeing Kyuhyun.

He remembers the first time Kyuhyun introduces himself claiming as his lover. At first Siwon couldn’t believe it. But with this fact that he took care of him well and visits daily makes him think that maybe it was wrong to doubt that Kyuhyun was his lover. Maybe it was time to start believing that Kyuhyun was his lover after all. Even though he couldn’t remember pieces and parts of his memory with Kyuhyun since he suffers from amnesia, he believes that one day he’ll able to regain back his memories.

Siwon moves to the right side and gets off from the bed. He tries to stand properly but ended up falling to the floor.

“Si- Siwon? What are you trying to do?” Kyuhyun helps him gets up.

“I want to go outside…”

“You could’ve said that so I could help you…” Kyuhyun place him on the wheel chair.

 

They’re now outside near the garden whereas several patients are taking a fresh air for the day. Kyuhyun pushes the wheelchair and walks slowly, giving Siwon the chance to look around and he too, making sure that Siwon feel comfortable. Siwon stays still while giving himself a time to look at the surroundings since he felt like it has been a while since he’s outside.

“Kyuhyun…?”

“Hmm?” Kyuhyun questioned by the sudden call.

“Would you…Tell me about yourself…again?” Siwon question made Kyuhyun smile.

“My name is Cho Kyuhyun and…my birth date is February 3 1988. My height is 179 cm. My favorite color is blue, black and white. My hobbies are what entertain me most. One of my favorite foods is jajangmyeon and I dislike vegetables. I was born in Seoul but make a living here in Incheon. I’m currently living alone at the apartment nearby and I’m working as a part time writer.” Kyuhyun said serenely.

“Then…How about…This Choi Siwon right here… Would you mind telling me about him?” Siwon couldn’t help but ask. There’s this thing that keeps him on wanting to ask this question repeatedly.

“Choi Siwon… He’s someone that changes my life. “Kyuhyun took a deep breath as he prepares the next sentence, “He is-“

“That’s enough…” Siwon stopped him. 

He feels like there’s a ton of guilty that hits him. He just can’t remember any of those. Right now he’s in a state where he couldn’t remember any pieces of his past. He told Kyuhyun to tell things about himself just in case if there are chances of him getting some flashback of the man behind him. He grips the chair hand as frustrations begin to fill him. However, swiftly he feels the chair stopping and slowly a warm hand is placed on top of his, giving him the right warm he needed.

“Siwon…Its okay… I’m here…” Kyuhyun soothing voice reaches his ears.

Siwon lowers his head down. “I’m sorry.”