2/4

[ Baking Club ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Let’s go!”

 

It was weird and uncomfortable and Jongin wanted to kill himself.

They walked together in a deafening silence, both too awkward to strike up a conversation. It was useless anyways, since none of the two knew the other. They were pretty much strangers, and Jongin couldn’t help but frown the whole way towards the exit. Did he have to open that mouth of his and offer him a ride? In front of Junmyeon of all people? What for? So they can walk in silence and avoid eye contact at all cost? What was the point of this?

 

It irritated him. He hated people, and he hated it even more when people tried to socialize with him against his will. Assuming that was what the Chinese male was trying to get at. Jongin had enough friends already, one more and he’ll seriously start considering suicide. It’s not like Yixing didn’t seem interesting to know, but Jongin just didn’t want to associate himself with any of Junmyeon’s friends. He had his fair share of nerdy acquaintances.

Jongin sighed in agony before taking a quick glance at Yixing only to find him doing the exact same thing. They locked eyes for a split second, before both boys jerked their heads the opposite way while clearing their throats in sheer embarrassment. The tan skinned boy wanted the ground to swallow him up and save him from this hell he was going through; getting caught staring twice a day was impossibly humiliating to say the least. Hopefully Yixing felt the same as him, since they were pretty much in the same boat.

 

 

“Where did you park your car?” Jongin asked when they finally got to the exit door; a dark grey sky greeting them. It was freezing cold, and Jongin regretted listening to his friends and not going straight back home after he finished his classes. He felt like an idiot. He was played by his own presumed best friends. Jongin groaned under his breath at the thought, before bringing his focus back on Yixing.

“Yixing-ssi?”

“Huh?” The boy simply blinked at him and Jongin blinked back before calmly re-asking.

“Where’s your car?”

“I don’t have a car.” It was official, this day was by far the worst day in Kim Jongin’s entire life. The tan skinned male gaped in disbelief at the other boy for a minute before choking his next words out.

“Why did you offer me a ride then? Were you planning to piggyback me back home or something?” Jongin didn’t mean for his tone to come out rude but the Chinese male was getting under his skin, and it took every fibre of his being to not punch the guy. Yixing had the audacity to laugh, as if what Jongin said was a light joke meant to make him react that way.

“I have a bike,” Yixing gave the frowning taller man a sheepish dimpled smile. “The blue one over there.” Yixing pointed with a dainty finger and Jongin wanted nothing more than to break it in half. The situation he found himself stuck in was completely absurd. He only agreed to coming to this stupid club so he can somehow befriend Seolhyun and win her heart over, yet he ended up being stuck with this lunatic who kept smiling at him with those damned dimples of his. As if it was perfectly normal for two male strangers to share a bike under the rain. Well, maybe it was, but still.

“Are you serious right now?” Yixing simply hummed in response, bringing out a transparent umbrella from a random locker and handing it to a baffled Jongin.

“I love the rain.” Yixing shared, voice soft and merely above a whisper. Jongin just stared at Yixing’s moving figure as he walked towards his blue bike. After only a few steps forward, Yixing turned around titling his head in confusion.

It was kind of adorable, the way his messy fringe fell over his droopy eyes.

Jongin quickly shook the thought away, because nothing was adorable about getting soaked under the pouring rain.

“Are you coming?” At that moment Jongin realized he hated the rain. He also hated humanity and the essence of existence. He gave the umbrella one last glance before forcing his feet to move. Between flashing lightning and reverberating thunder, Yixing kept talking about how nice the weather was, how it reminded him of his childhood, especially his grandmother’s warm hugs and delicious handmade food. Jongin was beyond perplexed to say anything as he held the umbrella for both of them. He was Yixing’s manservant as it seemed.

They got to the bike and suddenly the awkward silence was back. They stood next to it for a few minutes that felt like hours; both not exactly sure of what was supposed to happen next. Was Yixing supposed to ask Jongin if he wanted to be the one riding it? Since he knew some guys had problems with their Man pride or whatever. Yixing wouldn’t mind though, he was okay with sitting at the back. Jongin kept staring at him, waiting for him to say something since he was the one looking down and avoiding eye contact. He was the one who owned the bike for god’s sake.

“Is there a problem with your bike or something?” Jongin asked, finally breaking the silence. He was seriously getting irritated with the Chinese male. He overlooked the fact that Yixing offered him a ride with a st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter