Notifications(9) "An Act"

Miss Anonymous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Actually. Can you please be my friend."
The girl seemed like she was stating it rather than asking for it. Her round eyes were pleading with desperation and panic. What could've made someone panic so much?

"uh sure?" I simply answered back, not wanting to ask why since she seemed to be in quite a rush. As those words slipped off of my lips, she immediately continued dragging me.

We dashed through the halls, almost hitting some students in the process. The longer she had dragged me into the school, the darker the halls seemed to be. Where the hell was she going to take me?

And then she finally stopped.

"Year 2 section 1? your class?"my questioning tone echoed through the oddly quiet halls. However the girl had chosen not to answer.

I looked towards her, waiting for an answer.

"Well?" I pressed on.

"no, my brother's" she answered back.
"then why are we her-" she cut through me yet again.

"You are my friend am I right?"
"uh, yeah." I answered, slightly anxious as she looked at me with desperation. What on Earth could this girl want me to do?!

"Act with me" she whispered. If I wasn't already anxious then I was more now. Her face seemed to be covered in a thin surface of sweat, wether it was from the running or the current situation she seemed to be even more distressed as she was waiting for my permission.

"sure..." I stated hesitantly. And that was when I realized my mistake.

Without any warning whatsoever, she slid the door open, her hand interlocked with mine as she walked over to a group of students in one corner of the class. With an intake of air she began to speak.
"I'm not alone. I do have a friend"

I looked over to her, her back facing me as I could feel her hand shaking slightly. My heart sunk. Was this what she wanted me to do with her? to act as if I were her friend.

"are we still seriously on this topic? whatever, get back to your class Ailee I'll speak to you both later on this" A teen who seemed to Ailee's,-the one who now calls me her friend- brother said with much boredom.

I looked over to my newfound friend as she was completely frozen on her spot. I squeezed her hand slightly and brought all the courage I had building up inside.

"I don't know what is going on between the two of you but I'm not allowing you to make my friend feel bad" I stated while stepping forward to get the message clear.
Oh God what am I doing.

His eyes widened as he was about to snap back. He must've not expected me to do that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter