Chapter 3

Accident

    The two had hung out more and more to the point that everyone who worked at Seven Season’s knew Jihoon's name. They even made friends with the energetic college student. Today was Jihoon last final and he was ready for winter break. His last final, the absolute worst, math. He sits outside with Kyung, reading over his notes, desperately trying to remember everything Taeil had taught him. His phone buzzes and Jihoon looks immediately, looking for a distraction.

 

“Hwaighting Jihoon <3” Jihoon grins at Taeil’s cute text message.

 

“Is that Taeil?” asks Kyung, leaning over.

 

“Yeah, he’s wishing me good luck,” Jihoon says with a smile.

 

“Lucky, Jiho just told me you better not it up and went back to writing raps,” Kyung complains. The two were officially together now, they told Jihoon after he had walked in on the two of them ing. Jihoon wanted to wipe that memory from his mind forever.

 

“Come on cucumber, the door’s opened.”

 ---

   Jihoon walked out, slightly confident that he didn’t completely bomb the test. He left Kyung to finish up the rest of the test, the cucumber earned extended time because he had done some extra credit or some other bull excuse Kyung had made up. Jihoon was positive that he had just stayed behind so Jiho would feel bad for not wishing him luck or something along those lines.
 

    “Jihoon? Did you see that short tattooed guy walking around campus, apparently he’s like the best known tattoo artist in town, he’s rarely seen around because he works so hard,” one of his friends says, walking up to him. “Don’t you have a thing for tattoos?”

 

    “I don’t have a ‘thing’ for tattoos, I just think they’re cool to look at,” Jihoon defends himself.

 

    “So does that mean you think my tattoos aren’t pretty?” asks Taeil. Jihoon lets out a manly shriek and turns around to face the tattoo artist. A smile blooms on his face when he sees Taeil. Instead of his usual tank tops or short sleeves, he’s instead wearing a long floppy sweater.

 

    “Of course not Taeil hyung, I think your tattoos are the best,” Jihoon squishes Taeil’s cheek affectionately. “You look so cute today.”

 

    “Wait, you mean you’ve been friends with Taeil, the guy who does Zico, like Zico the rapper’s tattoos?” asks his friend.

 

    “Uh, yeah? Although I didn’t know Jiho and Taeil were so popular,” says Jihoon.

 

    “My boyfriend’s got a underground reputation Jihoonie,” Kyung comments as he walks out, Jiho himself trailing after him. He looked as if he had been thoroughly scolded.

 

    “Wait you know Zico too!” his friend’s eyes nearly bug out of their sockets.

 

    “Whassup, name’s Jiho but most people know me as Zico,” Jiho grins and bows.

 

    “Hello, I’m Taeil,” Taeil bows.

 

    “N-nice to meet you,” the girl bows and runs off.

 

    “Are we scary?” asks Taeil with a pout.

 

    “You’re not scary hyung,” Jihoon hugs Taeil and the tattooist tries to squirm away but gives in.

    

    “And why are you friends with a girl?” asks Taeil.

 

    “Why can’t I be friends with a girl?” asks Jihoon.

 

    “Well first off all your voice is kind of scary and you’re really tall,” says Taeil, hiding his jealousy. “But I think you are adorable and so innocent Jihoon.” Jihoon pouts and glomps Taeil even tighter.

 

    “Why are you here Jiho hyung?” asks Jihoon. He’s still hanging off of Taeil.

 

    “Don’t you have that rap competition coming up soon,” says Taeil.

 

    “Yeah, but I had to come apologize to my wife, I screwed up this morning,” Jiho admits.

 

“He promised to take me out,” Kyung says, “so you and Jihoon are friends now?”

 

    “Yeah,” Taeil smiles. Jihoon shares a look with Kyung and the two grin.