Family Time

LEAST EXPECTED LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ChangWook POV

It's been almost a month since our marriage and life is pretty good so far. We didn't argue like we used before and Yoona she has been co operating well. I think she has adjusting to her role as a wife and a mother now. She is a good mom to InHa and no one can do better than her. No matter how busy she is, she will make sure she prepared InHa's needs before she go out for work. She will spent time with her when she's at home and she is a pro in putting the baby to sleep. And as a wife, she knows her responsible well. I seldom eat out now as she always prepare food for me. She cooks for me breakfast, lunch and dinner almost every day. Sometimes She even prepare doshirak for me to bring to work. Even my coffee now is home brewed. She makes me love her more everyday. Eventhough in the contract we agree to go on with our normal life as usual, but I can see her effort in her new status now. A wife and a mother. I feel sorry for her as she need to go through all this at a young age and in a sudden but the selfish part in me is happy she agree with it. How I wish one day she can open up to me and love me back just as much as I love her. I know it's almost impossible but there is always a chance right? The impossible possibility. 

 

Yoona POV

In less than a week will be our 1st monthassary as husband and wife. Did I just say 'monthassary'? Ya Im Yoona, are you hoping to celebrate it? Never had I imagine that I will be his wife. The guy, I couldn't stand the most. The guy who always gets on my nerve. The guy who my best friend always wants to match make me with. That guy, Ji ChangWook is now my husband, legally. I thought I will hate him to the bones after being force into the marriage, but strangely I don't. Not even a bit. He is being very considerate to my ridiculuous antics. He let me win most of the time. He is not the annoying ChangWook oppa anymore. Maybe he starts to act maturedly now. One thing special about him that I think no guys can take it away is  he is a good father figure for InHa. It is definitely not easy for a single young guy who is always free spirited to let go of his old bachelor life and step up to be a dad overnight. But he manage that. He love and care about InHa like his own and he provides for us. He rarely touch the money that InHa harabeoji bank in monthly as InHa's allowance. He said he will keep that money as emergency as he still can afford for them. He pays almost everything for the household and he even gave me allowances for my daily spendings. I am thankful for that. Sincerely. Sometimes I do feel bad for treating him badly after all he has done, that is why I am learning to be considerate to him too. It's not long, maybe I just need a year to face this relationship. After that, we can part our ways just like before and back to our own life. Am I ready? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChangWook is playing with InHa in the living room. He doesn't have schedule that evening so he use the time to spend time with his favourite little girl. He noticed that sometimes he has been missing InHa's improvement a lot as he is busy with work so he decided to stay home often to spend more time with her. 

"You're not going out tonight, oppa? Normally on Friday night you'll go to your friend Bikers Cafe" Yoona who just finish cleaning up in the kitchen joins in ChangWook and InHa in the living room with some fruits. 

"Nope, I want to spend time with her today. She's growing up so fast and I do not want to miss some important moments"

"Oppa".

"Hmmm". 

"Do you think InHa have some problems?" Yoona voice sounds concern.

"Problem? What kind of problem? I don't see anything is wrong. She looks fine and healthy".

"I read that on average babies will start walking between 11-14 months but she is almost 17 months and she has not has her first step yet. I am worried if she has problems with her legs. i read that if a baby didn't walk, she may have polio disease". 

"I think you're worry too much Yoona-ya. That average age is only statistics. Some babies walks earlier and some walks a little later. InHa maybe on the late side but I don't think she has polio. She got vaccinated as schedule so it is unlikely for her to get polio". he cannot believe she can think that far. He knows how concern she is regarding InHa but sometimes Yoona worried too much. 

"But, why is she not walking yet? Yesterday, I met a baby in the cafe she is only 14 months but she already can run around. Should we get her check, oppa?"

"Let's be patient. I think InHa is on the late side. It's not that she cannot walk, she just can do it on her own yet. You know she can slowly walk with support right? I think she just do not have the confidence to make her own first step. Let's just wait. I'll train her walking more. Don't worry, eoo". ChangWook gently pats her shoulders and Yoona smile to him gently. She have to admit she can easily get worried if she sense something is not right about InHa and luckily ChangWook is the calm type who always put her at ease. 

Yoona seems like fidgeting to ask something to ChangWook. She doesn't know how to start to ask but eventually she brave up herself to ask. "Oppa, are you free next weekend?" 

"Yes, I'm free next weekend. waeyo?"  Changwook caught by surprise with her question.

"You said that weekends is the time both of us need to spend with InHa right. Family time. I was thinking maybe we can bring InHa for a picnic. I notice that we never take her out like picnic. Most of the time she is outside is with you when you bring her out for jogging. I'm not forcing I just suggest. If you don't want I'm ok with it. I'm just you know...." Yoona try to reason out why she ask for picnic

"Arasso. Kaja". he stopped her from blabbering nonsense. He knows she try to reasoning to cover the bold action. "Let's take InHa for a picnic next weekend" ChangWook steal a stare at Yoona who face suddenly become read.He knows she feel shy for asking him out first. "Kyeopta"  he mumbles to himself and smiles.

While they are busy playing with InHa, suddenly the baby manage to stand up on her own. Both of them look at each other in shock. "Oppa, she stands on her own could it be she is trying to walk'

"Where's my phone. I need to record this" ChangWook quickly grab his phone and turn on the video mode.

"InHa-ya, come to imo baby. I have a banana. Come here. Slowly." Yoona keep herself quite a distance from the baby to lure her. She use banana as bait. Like magic, the baby slowly taking her steps toward her favourite fruit; 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 steps. And that night InHa takes her first steps at 17 months. Yoona cant hide her joy and shout out, She hug InHa and shower her with kisses. ChangWook who has been recording also couldn't help but shouting in victory just like winning a lotto.  

"28 March 2017, Choi InHa taking her first steps" he make a remarks before end the video. "I will save this in a file as her milestone. This will be historical for her later on. See i told you, she will walk eventually. You just worry too much. Now she already proven that she is fine. Come to geun appa, InHa ya". the little girl slowly gets up and take her baby steps towards ChangWook. she manage to get 3 more steps towards him. "Good job, baby girl". 

Without them realizing, ahjumma is observing them for a while. she cannot help but smile looking at their interaction. "Maybe it's about time i tell them the news" she monologue to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona wake up early that morning to prepare for the picnic. She made kimbap, japchae and pajeon as their meal. As for Inha she made the baby's favourite mac and cheese. She also pack some fruits. She doesn't know why she is excited about it. "Hmmmm maybe this is the first time they will bring InHa out for picnic. I'm excited to see her reaction on her first outing" she said to herself. 

"You wake up early today". Ahjumma who just enters the kitchen is surprise to see Yoona already awake and busy in the kitchen. 

"Oh morning ahjumma. I need to wake up early to prepare for the picnic. There are quite a lot of things to do". 

"Wow. There are quite a lot of food. You seems excited to go out together". ahjumma trying to tease Yoona. 

"It's InHa first picnic with us. I'm excited to see her reaction being outdoor. It must be fun for her". Yoona explains.

"Are you sure its about her? No other reason?" 

"What do you mean ahjumma? What other reason?" Yoona still blank by ahjumma ambigous statement. 

"Nothing. i'm just saying. Let me help you to pack all of this'. ahjumma quickly cut short the conversation to avoid the situation being more awkward. She is giving a hint for Yoona but definitely Yoona doesn't get it. She noticed that Yoona looks happy today. She never see her putting a wide smile just by preparing the food. Her old woman and motherly instict did tell her something but she just can tell it yet. "Yoona ya what do you think of ChangWook?"  ahjumma suddenly ask Yoona.

"What about ChangWook oppa?" Yoona still blur about ahjumma's sudden question.

Ahjumma smiles when she sees Yoona still blur about her question. "Yes, what do you think of ChangWook as a man? To be exact as your man. Coz indirectly he is". ahjumma being more direct. 

"He is just mine on paper ahjumma. He is not exactly mine". 

"He is your husband and you can have his heart if you want to". ahjumma gave a piece of advice to Yoona.  She believe that these two started to have feelings to each other and they just need to admit and work on it. 

Yoona just smile at ahjumma's remarks. Maybe ahjumma doesn't know the real situation about her and ChangWook. "I am his wife,but I am not his ideal type ahjumma. I won't push him to make me like me just because I want to. It's not fair for him".

"Well I see it differently. I won't tell what is it. I think you guys knows better. My adv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter