O N E

Untitled Love Song

ONE

Sulli

 

I admit I was really nervous.

It was one thing preforming on stage, appearing on variety shows, acting in sitcoms, or doing small roles in dramas, but a whole other thing getting a lead in a drama. I wasn’t sure what to do about it really. Of course I was incredibly happy that they looked at me for the role, but the pressure can get to you.

Today’s the first run through of SBS’s new romantic comedy Puppy Love and I was going to meet my co-stars for the first time. The drama was about this guy who was in love with this kind-hearted idol who in reality isn’t kind at all. He gets forced into a friendship with the girl in order to hid the fact she isn’t the sweet girl she is.

I scanned the names in the cast list earlier to see if I recognized anyone I knew personally, but no one really stood out. Sure, I knew some of the names; they were pretty well known.

My manager and I walked into a fairly large room where people were already seated. The chairs were almost filled with people who were apart of the drama. It’s scary to see so many people being a part of something like this.

I took a deep breath and slowly left my manager’s side. I walked to the side of the table where I was supposed to be seated, but there was someone already seated there. I lightly tapped the person who was animatedly chatting away with the person next to him.

He turned around with a smile that touched his eyes. I felt a slight thump in my chest but brushed it off before smiling back at him. “Um, hi that’s my spot.”

The guy looked down at the name tag that clearly said my name and jumped up. “Jwesonghamnida,” he said politely bowing slightly. I giggled as he pulled the chair out for me. This guy was such a gentleman and incredibly cute.

“Choi Sulli,” I said as he sat to the left of me. I extended my hand out for him to shake it and he beamed. The thump in my chest came back when he smiled back at me.

He grabbed my hand and said, “Kang Minhyuk. Looks like we’re the two leads of this drama, Ms. Choi.”

I blinked and back tracked for a moment to remember. I remember reading his name. I didn’t think he’d be this cute thought... “Ah! Yeah I remember. Is this your first time acting?” I asked deciding to start some small talk with him.

Minhyuk shook his head, “Nah, I’ve acted in 2 dramas and a movie. They were only small parts and supporting roles. This is my first time doing a lead role. I’m really excited!” he gushed.

I grinned too. “Same here! I’ve only did minor roles in dramas this is my first time doing a major role.”

We continued talking before we had to do the run through. I was kind of surprised how well of an actor Minhyuk was. He must have played this type of character before because it didn’t really seem like he was acting.

“Jae Hwa pulls Hyun Ki down so they’re eye level,” the director says to everyone in the room to paint the image.

I read from the script in a cool voice, “If you tell anyone of this I will make sure you will never see the light of day ever again.” I felt myself shiver at how cold my voice was.

I glanced to my left and saw Minhyuk gulp, reading the script. “O-Okay…” he stuttered.

I smiled sweetly, clapping my hands together once. “Good! I’ll see you at lunch tomorrow, Hyun Ki!”

“Jae Hwa exits, leaving Hyun Ki alone in the classroom.”

Minhyuk scratched his head. “Aish…what just happened…”

“And that’s the first episode!” the director said and everyone in the room erupted in applause.

People were congratulating us on how well we all did a great job acting as we walked out of the room. I was looking for my manager when Minhyuk ran over to me.

“That was so cool! Sulli, you’re such a good actress!” Minhyuk praised. I blushed slightly, biting my lip. “It takes skill in order to change personalities like that.”

“It really was nothing…” I mumbled, looking down with embarrassment. It was strange; I’m usually not this bashful when someone compliments me… “Ah, you were really good to! It didn’t really seem like you were acting.”

Minhyuk laughed, he soft voice making me smile even more. “I’m used to getting roles like this. All my past roles had me acting this way. You could say I was used to it…”

“Minhyuk!” He turned around at his name being called and signaled to that person that he was coming over.

“I’ll see you later, Sulli,” he said, ready to leave. He paused as if he forgot something and laid his palm facing up. I stared at his hand in confusion and he only laughed in response. “Gimmie your phone. I want to give you my number.”

“Eh?” I looked at his hand once more before slowly handing him my phone.

“That way we could talk to each other,” he was typing something onto my phone and smiled handing it back to me. “It’ll be awesome if we were friends.”

“Minhyuk!” the angry scream of his manager wailed. “We don’t have time right now. You’re needed at the studio!”

“Oops. I gotta go! See you Sulli!” And with that he left.

Kang Minhyuk…he sure was interesting…

 

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

A/N: This story takes place sometime around mid-ish 2012.

Oh and I forgot to address this in the forward: everything here is my imagination. None of this happend or will happen. The fake drama is made by me, so please don’t steal the idea.

Please review!