Final

Take My Hand

You can watch the following video before or after the story it doesn't really matter.

video

Also if you want, listen to this song while reading. (You don't have to but in my opinion it would be better for your reading experience😊)

If your on mobile, you can still watch the video but you might need some other electronic to listen to the song. 

And now that that's outta the way, here the one-shot. 

Enjoy? 

😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇

Jackson parked the car on the driveway, slowly getting out of the car, grabbing the two bags of take-out that Mark wanted. The take-out was really expensive and given any other day, Jackson would've swiftly declined.

But today.

Today was different. And not for the better.

Today, was Mark’s last day on Earth.

Jackson stood in front of the door for a solid 5 minutes, coaxing himself to not cry and be happy. With a somewhat convincing smile on his face, Jackson walked into the cosy, warm apartment he shared with Mark.

It was raining outside and Jackson shivered at the change of temperature. He quickly shrugged off his jacket and took off his shoes, calling out for Mark. When Jackson got no response, he quickly became worried, calling out for him again, just slightly louder.

This time, a response came, “I'm up here.”

Jackson looked towards the stairs then walked towards the kitchen, setting the bags of food on the kitchen table.

Jackson took his time going up the stairs, slowly walking towards the slightly open door. When Jackson approached the door, he took a deep breath and put on his best smile, walking in. He walked up to Mark, who was sitting on the edge of the bed, phone in his hand and sat down next to him, lightly hugging him and pecking his temple, “I'm back.”

Mark softly smiled and turned to Jackson, planting a kiss on his lips, “I see that.”

Jackson pulled away and grabbed onto Mark’s free hand, “Guess what I got for us to eat!”

Mark cocked his head to the side, throwing his phone onto the bed and grabbing onto Jackson’s hand. Jackson just stared at him with a knowing smirk and Mark sighed, lightly smacking Jackson on the shoulder. Jackson jumped away from him in mock hurt, grabbing at his shoulder.

“Jackson. I told you not to.”

Jackson shook his head and picked him up bridal style, “I wanted to.”

Mark sighed and shook his head, laying it on Jackson’s broad shoulder.

When they arrived at the kitchen, Jackson put Mark down and pulled out a chair for him. Mark thanked him and tiredly plopped down onto the chair, slouching until finally getting the energy to sit up a bit straighter. Mark reached for one of the bags but his hand was lightly slapped away. Mark whined and Jackson shook his finger at him, a wide grin on his face, “I'll do it.”

Mark sighed and nodded, bringing his extended hand down to his lap.

Jackson walked to the fridge and opened it, pulling out a big bottle of water and grabbing two cups from the cabinet. Jackson set them down on the table, pouring a cup for him and Mark before pulling out the boxes from the bags, throwing them in the trash. Jackson turned back to the table to see Mark staring intently at the boxes of food. Jackson smiled fondly, tears prickling his eyes. Jackson cleared his throat and turned around, quickly wiping his eyes before Mark would notice.

But Mark knew and he sighed sadly as he gazed at Jackson’s back, knowing that Jackson was keeping a strong front for him.

“Jack…”

Jackson turned back around and clapped his hands together, an unconvincing smile on his face, “Alright! So let's eat, shall we?”

Mark solemnly nodded, wringing his hands on the table. Jackson silently sat next to Mark and opened up the boxes, the delicious smell wafting around the room. Jackson handed Mark a pair of chopsticks and a spoon for the rice.

They ate their food in silence, but it wasn't an awkward silence. It was comfortable and Jackson couldn't help but really smile this time.

When they finished eating the food, Mark leaned back against the chair and patted his belly, yawning. A burp left his mouth and feeling a bit embarrassed, Mark covered his mouth, looking up at Jackson with wide eyes. Jackson laughed and blushed at Mark’s cuteness, kissing his forehead as he cleaned up.

After Jackson got done cleaning, he sat back down next to Mark, looking anywhere but at Mark. Mark yawned and stretched, tapping on Jackson so that he would look at him.

Jackson swallowed before turning to look at Mark, wishing time would just stop here.

“I'm tired Jackson. Is it okay if I take a nap? Just a quick little nap.”

Jackson looked down at the floor, desperately trying to hold back tears. Jackson sniffed and nodded, looking back up at Mark, “Sure,” Jackson cursed under his breath as he heard his voice crack, “You can take a nap.”

Mark smiled at Jackson and grabbed him by the chin, pulling him in for a soft, loving kiss. They pulled away, breathless, and Mark smiled at him one last time before laying his head on the table, one arm extended outward as a pillow and the other tucked under his chin.

Jackson saw as Mark’s breathing gradually slowed to a stop. Jackson waited a few minutes, to see if Mark would wake up but he knew that wasn't gonna happen.

Mark was never gonna wake up again.

Jackson leaned back against the chair, rubbing at his jaw. Jackson looked at the far wall then at the table, his lips.

“Did you eat?”

He spared a glance to Mark.

“Yeah.”

Jackson felt tears forming and he hastily wiped them away, looking up at the ceiling, willing the tears to go away.

“Did you shower?”

Jackson looked back at Mark, hoping that he'd respond but he knew.

“Yeah.”

A sob suddenly escaped and Jackson rolled his eyes, looking back up at the ceiling, laying a hand over his mouth. Jackson quickly wiped at his eyes again and he looked back towards Mark’s lifeless form. Jackson's bottom lip trembled and he took a deep breath.

“Let's sleep.”

A moment of silence passed and Jackson nodded.

“Yeah.”

Then, Jackson laid his head onto the table, one arm tucked under him like a pillow and the other reaching out to grab hold of Mark’s limp hand. Jackson interlaced their fingers and that's when he broke. Jackson let the tears freely fall down as he tried to quiet his loud sobs, burying his face into his arm, tightening his hold on Mark’s hand.