Chapter 2 of 3

Will You Be My Partner?

Ji Hyo looks around the cafe. She feels so bored. She's not alone because Lizzy and Jong Ki are beside her. But both Lizzy and Jong Ki are likely not exist as both of them are busy talking about the prom - the outfit that they want to wear. She drinks her latte while her eyes circling around the cafe - staring at nothing. Jong Kook's face appears on her mind with sudden. Thinking about that cute guy makes her heart skips a beat. 

Kwang Soo, a part time waiter, who has done with his work, walks toward Ji Hyo, Lizzy and Jong Ki. He had stared at bored Ji Hyo for almost thirty minutes ago. He wants to join his friends earlier but the customers don't give him the chance. And now he is free. 

"Ji Hyo! What's wrong with you? You look bored. Are both Lizzy and Jong Ki force you to come here? "Kwang Soo asks Ji Hyo as he approaches that girl. 

Ji Hyo who is in her dreamland, shock. She puts her right hand on her chest and let out a sigh - calming herself. She turns to her left - to Kwang Soo. 

"Yha Kwang Soo! You make me shock! It's lucky that I don't have heart disease! "Ji Hyo scolds Kwang Soo. Her eyes enlarges, signing that she's angry. 

Lizzy and Jong Ki who is busy talking about themselves, stop. They stare at Ji Hyo. Lizzy shakes Ji Hyo's hand and puts her finger to her lip - signing Ji Hyo to shut up as others are paying their attention to them. Ji Hyo feels shame. 

"It's all your fault Kwang Soo! "Ji Hyo says to Kwang Soo quietly. She stares at smiled Kwang Soo. 

"I'm sorry! I don't mean to make you shock! "Kwang Soo apologizes. 

Haha and Gary come and join them after seeing the drama made by Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo just now. Haha laughs at Ji Hyo when he and Gary reach the table, seated by their friends. 

"What a good drama Ji Hyo! "Haha teases Ji Hyo. Gary bursts into laughter upon hearing to Haha. Ji Hyo, the vice president of drama club, pretends to laugh while her hand moves faster to Haha's ear. She pulls that short guy's ear until a loud scream can be heard from Haha. 

"What a good drama, Haha! "Ji Hyo says to Haha after releases that guy's ear. 

Gary, Lizzy, Kwang Soo and Jong Ki laugh at Haha. Haha's face turns to red. He is ashamed. The cafe owner's son's ear being pulled by a customer - to be specified, a girl customer! 

"Stop it! This will never end if no one stop it! So, Ji Hyo, what's wrong with you? "Gary, a long term listener opens his mouth to speak. 

"It's because of the prom! "Ji Hyo answers Gary. Her face turns to sour with sudden. 

"Owh! The prom! Why? You still don't have a partner? "Gary,  a caring friend asks. 

"Nope! She's Jong Kook's partner! "Jong Ki tells Gary, leaving a red face Ji Hyo. 

"What? "Gary, Kwang Soo and Haha scream simultaneously. They really can't believe that fact! 

"Jong Kook? A famous muscular guy? The one that girls want him to be their? "Haha asks. He looks at Lizzy and Jong ki. Both Lizzy and Jong Ki nod their head slowly as they also can't believe it although Lizzy was there when Jong Kook asked Ji Hyo to be his partner. 

Haha turns to look at Ji Hyo - looking for confirmation. Ji Hyo replies the stare from Haha and let out a sigh. She nods her head then. 

Kwang Soo approaches Ji Hyo by sitting beside that girl. She shakes Ji Hyo's hand asks her to wear the most picturesque gown she has on that night. 

"Ji Hyo! You have to wear the best outfit on that night! You're going to be the school prince's partner! You have to dress like a princess although you're not that beautiful! "

"Yha! I don't have that bling bling gown and I will show you how beautiful I am on that night! I will make sure that you can't let go off your eyes from me! "Ji Hyo says to Kwang Soo angrily. Kwang Soo could be annoying sometimes. 

"Hahahahahahaha... I'm sorry Ji Hyo. I just want to know whether you really want to attend that prom or not. Now, it's proved that you really want to attend that prom. The most important, you really want to be Jong Kook's partner! "Kwang Soo replies. He smiles broadly to Ji Hyo. 

"About that outfit - the gown! Haha! Why don't you ask your mother to lend one of her gowns to Ji Hyo? "the concern Gary asks Haha. 

"Why my mother after all? "Haha asks Gary. 

"Because your mother owns a boutique, you fool! "both Lizzy and Jong Ki answer Haha, leaving Gary who is about to open his mouth to answer Haha. 

Haha scratches his back. He's forget about the boutique. Her mother owns a boutique. He smiles to Gary and takes out his just bought mobile phone. He calls his mother while his friends wait for him patiently.

"Ji Hyo! Let's go to my mother's boutique this evening. She will choose a perfectly perfect gown for you to wear. She's an expert in this matter, "Haha tells Ji Hyo soon after he finishes talk to his mother. 

Ji Hyo's eyes sparkles with joy. Her main problem solved! The only leaves is how to make-up her face. She really doesn't know about that. Lizzy likely know what plays on Ji Hyo's mind, speaks. 

"I will make-up your face! "

"How do you know about that? "Ji Hyo surprises. 

"I'm your best friend by the way! "Lizzy answers shortly. 

Ji Hyo smiles. She really can't wait for Saturday night - that is tomorrow night. She drinks her cold latte while thinking about the prom. 

———————————————————————————————————

I just want to make sure that all Running Man members appear in my story. So this is it!