In the warm winter, it's you

Love is you

The night was dark and quite. The pitch black sky was clear with stars decorated it perfectly, blinking its light just like telling people about its existences. A boy walked the path eagerly. With a small smile plastered on his lips he strode along the path until he saw a bench under a street lamp that stood alone in silence.

The boy put his down on the bench beside the lonely street lamp. It was alone, standing in cold. It was almost like him, left alone in cold. As he tightened his scarf around his neck, his eyes fixed on the road across him.

The night was a bit rough as it kept on blowing the frozen wind through his body which started moving anxiously on the bench. His eyes restlessly swept around for a figure that he has been waiting for the past twenty minutes. Yet, that person hasn’t appeared after the long waiting.

“Will he come? Will he not?”

“Is he late? Or simply won’t come?”

“Perhaps it’s the traffic. Or perhaps he doesn’t want to be bothered to go out in this cold winter night.”

While his eyes kept wandering around, his mind didn’t let him rest as it throwing whatever ifs and a bunch of words that added his anxiety. He could feel the wind threaded its way through his scarf. Even when he let out a sight between his breaths he could see the thick white fume escaped from his lips. However, his thumping heartbeats created warm air around his chest.

Under the pitch black night and the frozen wind, he gazed up the sky before closing his eyes.

“Minwoo, put your hand on your chest and listen to your heartbeat. Then, thinking about someone who will come to hug you whenever you are cold.” The older boy told the younger one who curiously looking at him. One of his eyebrows was lifted slightly, making the older boy chuckled slightly.

“It’s you, Donghyun hyung.” The younger boy immediately replied, it made the older boy laughed out loud as he ruffled his head.

 “That’s it.” He said, smiling.

Minwoo, they younger boy then had a bright smile along his lips. He threw his body to the older boy and said, “Will you come when I do something like that?”

“Ehm…”

When he didn’t get any response, Minwoo knew the answer already.

“You won’t, right?”He muttered, his expression became sour to Donghyun’s liking.

Sighed deeply, Donghyun place his arm around the younger, “I’ll hug you from wherever I am.” He said, trying hard to console his beloved little friend.

 

The sweet old memories came back rushing in Minwoo’s head. Donghyun would hug him from wherever he is. Donghyun was the one who would hug him whenever Minwoo felt he needed it. Throughout the sad, happy, confuse, anxiety, and lonesome, Donghyun would be there to take him on his embrace. 

The thought made Minwoo’s chest warm and cozy despised the cold freezing weather that surrounded the place. It was the place where they felt as nothing could stop them. Place where in every beginning of the winter season would be filled with smile and laugh from the two before it moved to the small room where secrets were made.

Feeling so warm in heart Minwoo couldn’t help but smiled widely, head still up with eyes closed. If there was some who happened to see him like that, that person might think that Minwoo was some retard or a mad man. Minwoo was aware of that, even so he was too ignorant to bother with what people might be thinking.

“Hey, wait!!!”

The sudden shout startled Minwoo up from his train of memories. As his eyes wandered around there he could see a guy forcedly grabbed the arm of a smaller guy who struggling to let it go. However, Minwoo could sense no harm from the taller guy’s aura.

He kept his guard up, closely watching and observing what was actually happened there.

“No. Stay away from me you fool! ”

Minwoo could hear the shouting clearly. Even though he wasn’t the one the guy shouted to, he was able to feel a pang on his heart. It hurts when someone that you are close with wanted you to leave.

“Jeongmin, hear me out first.”

The taller guy pleaded, making Minwoo felt miserable. He asked his heart why the situation that he was witnessing right now hurt him much more than he had to be. He didn’t even know those guys who were acting up in the dark night that was undeniably cold.

“Minwoo, hear me out first.”

Those words, Donghyun once had him to hear that. Those were the words the heard before everything turned to be how it is going to be right now. He lingered his gaze toward the pave where those guys still bickering and threw some words that slowly became inaudible for Minwoo.

“Minwoo, let me tell you.”

Minwoo gave him a sided gaze, not wanting to listen for whatever word that guy wanted to tell him.

“I’m 18 right now. It’s time for me to leave.”

“Then get the f***ing lost.” Minwoo pushed Donghyun away and stormed out from the room. He heard the footsteps following him closely became near and near before his arm yanked back by Donghyun.

“Let me-“

Before he could finish his sentence, Donghyun got him shut up with a kiss. Minwoo couldn’t react and didn’t know how to react to be honest. The warm lips on top of his were the only thing he remember as their good bye.

“I hope no one adopt you.” Donghyun said with a smirk on his reddening lips. He went to give a peck on Minwoo’s lips once again who had his body still standing stiffly in front of him.

SMACKED

Minwoo back to the present as he heard a loud yell and witnessed how a punch was thrown to the taller guy who accepted it like a masochist.

“I don’t need you to comeback. I’ve live my life better without you for these past two years. No need for you to appear in front of me again.”

Minwoo didn’t react. Only be an onlooker from the bench.

Two years…

“That was sure many nights full of lonesome.” Minwoo muttered to himself.

Minwoo wasn’t sure whether he should stop them or not. In one side, he was only a stranger who happened to see them in fight. However, the shorter guy didn’t stop and keep on throwing punch after punch toward the other guy. Minwoo cringed as he knew it must be painful.  Then, when the shorter guy wanted to throw another punch the taller one grabbed his arm and pulling out a stem of white rose.

Minwoo smiled, he knew it. What a strange couple.

He threw his gaze to the other side, away from the out of the ordinary couple.

Donghyun and Minwoo might look foolish like them too. It reminded him when he wass still eleven. Minwoo ever got a rose for Donghyun, he held it in front of Donghyun without any expression. Actually he was so scared that Donghyun might think he was weird for giving him a flower.

 Yet, the next day Donghyun brought home some wild flowers and taught Minwoo about how to give flowers to others. They sure laughed a lot at that time. Donghyun kneeled in front of him with flowers on his hand is something that Minwoo would never forget.

An hour past.

But Minwoo still willing to wait. At that time he realized that snow began to fall beautifully. The bucket of flowers on his hands soon beautify by some crystals snow.

He anxiously waited for him.

“Don’t wait for me for more than an hour, alright?”

“ …”

“Promise me. Don’t ever wait for me for more than an hour.”

Right now, Minwoo wanted to wait for a little bit longer. When his eyes swept to the left, there he found a handsome guy smiled just like watching a good show.

Minwoo stood up from the bench as the guy waved his hand at him.

“How about the ‘don’t wait for more than an hour’ thing I told you?” Donghyun messed Minwoo’s hair up, lovingly giving a kiss on his forehead.

Minwoo only laughed and the only words that he able to produce right now was, “I miss you.”

Donghyun hugged him tight, spreading the warm of his body toward him. The bucket of flowers was forgotten as it lay down on the ground which slowly covered by layers of snow.

“I’m glad that you come.”

“Didn’t I tell you that I will?”

“You did.” Minwoo snuggled closer, inhaled Donghyun’s sweet scent as much as possible.

“Let’s go to Seoul.”

Minwoo pulled off from the hug and frowned.

“I’m still 17.” He knew it was a little bit impossible.

Donghyun brushed the hair on his forehead and exclaimed softly, “I’ll adopt you then.”

Minwoo smiled, “Did you sell you kidney or something?”

“What if I did.” Donghyun’s answer made Minwoo’s eyes wide. It made a laugh escaped from Donghyun’s lips.

“Hyung…” Minwoo couldn’t hold his tears as it fell down his cheeks. Donghyun immediately scratched his head, confused.

“I mean it as a joke, you kid.” Said Donghyun, trying to console the crying Minwoo.

Minwoo then laughed, wiping his tears. “I also mean it as a joke you old man.”

“What a kid.”

“What an old man.”

“Say that once again and I will-“

“What will you do?” Minwoo challenged him, looking at him with a smirk at the corner of his lips.

“I’ll do this.” Donghyun grabbed his chin and planted a kiss on his lips.

Minwoo grinned, “Then I’ll mock you more often.”

            Donghyun hugged him once again, quietly mutter, “Minwoo, beside you now I have a family. And I can get you out from that place now.”

Minwoo hugged him back, “Just take me wherever you will go.”

===END = = =

A/N : I don’t know if it’s okay… Can’t help myself to involve Hyunseong and Jeongmin >.<